Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us your home!  (Read 18492 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Show us your home!
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 06:20:31 PM »

SORRY! had to butt in and post some more! (I'm kinda bored at the moment!) So this is just a comparison how the same area near by looks during summer and winter, Sadly because of the crappy winter with too little snow so it doesn't look anything impressive...

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 06:34:07 AM »

Berit, it look gorgeous where you live. :o

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »

Heh! Yeah, it does! Finland is a beautiful country, but the people here are one of the worst I know! thus, avoiding human contact at all cost seems to be the main thing I do... Strange how rarely people visit the woods nowadays... I've been sending pictures of woods rather than my home, mainly because architecture at Finland is just ugly boxes where people live in! and besides... I'm more at home in the woods than inside a box...

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »

Wonderful photo comparison between (late?) spring and winter. It reminds me of a place I used to visit during winter holidays all my childhood. When I was grown up, I visited it for the first time in sping, without snow. And it looked totally different. But there were also all the flowers on the meadows...
Even though this might be only little snow for Suomi, I think it is still better than most places further south. I miss snow. It makes things enchanted and brightens up wintertime.

I can't judge the people in your country, Berit, but there are silly people in every country I guess.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 01:23:10 AM »

Oh wow, these are beautiful! Man, I love to live close to nature sooo much!
Always too many people around when I take a walk in the woods as well....
The violet willow herbs bloom in Germany in summer as well. I am very happy to have some nice specimen of them in my garden. Beautiful! And edible!
And still there's much more snow than here... at least it was cold the last couple of days.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2016, 03:17:00 AM »

Took me some time to find some image hoster and make an account but hopefully it'll work.
A few impressions from around here, but already > 1 week old.

Crocus and Snowdrops

a whole meadow of Crocus

Catkins

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »

WOW! these are week old!?! there is still snow here! amazing! (well, the snow is slowly melting away, just yesterday I had to drop it off my roof so it won't drop in my neck and kill me when I shut the door) very nice pictures! thank you so much for posting these! and Treefox, if you get the chance, grab some pictures of those Violet Willows... would be nice to see!...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2016, 06:23:22 AM »

jaRf! Those are beautiful! I work in Frankfurt and live in the mountains, so I always get to the the crocus in bloom twice. I love them! A beautiful sign of Spring. Also, insects appreciate them!
Nicely taken photos as well! More!

Berit, I am hopefully finally able to post a little bit and comment again, so I will look for those pics! I am sure a have some.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 03:37:26 AM »

I found two pics of the willows that decided to make our garden their home:

More to come! :D

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 04:05:31 AM »

WOW! these are week old!?! there is still snow here! amazing! (well, the snow is slowly melting away, just yesterday I had to drop it off my roof so it won't drop in my neck and kill me when I shut the door) very nice pictures! thank you so much for posting these!

Well, time of spring depends also here. As Treefox said, in the mountains (higher, colder) spring comes later, in the lower parts of the countries and especially in towns (always a few °C warmer) it's normally earlier. And of course, there are different sorts of the same plant-species/race. Some are earlier, some blossom later.
Winters became short and soft, lately. Back in the days in the mountains you could have also snow blocking your door entrance in the morning. ;)

jaRf! Those are beautiful! I work in Frankfurt and live in the mountains, so I always get to the the crocus in bloom twice. I love them! A beautiful sign of Spring. Also, insects appreciate them!
Nicely taken photos as well! More!

Yes, some are a good opportunity for the early insects.
F.a.M. I guess? Mountains? The next "real" mountains are far away. In the northern part the highest on should be the Harz, to the south east it should be Thüringer Wald and Erzgebirge and to the south / south west you needed to travel all the way down Bavaria oder Baden-Württemberg to the mountains... that would mean you can only see your home on weekends?

These are some nice colours. Especially when the light is good, some coming from the back of the petal, shining through.
I had some problems with the white ones (snowdrops and ... uh, Märzenbecher) when the sunlight was shining on them (whiteout and not details). And I miss my old macro capable lens. I need money to get myself some more lenses for the camera. *sigh*

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 04:43:55 AM »

Yes, it is F.a.M indeed. And sorry, maybe I should have been more specific. The "mountains" I am talking about are the Taunus mountains. They're only medium mountain range, nothing spectacular as the alps.  :)
So, if I am not roaming the country on business trips I get to go home every night. :)
And I hear you about the lenses... sometimes I miss my old mechanic camera. It was so very nicely equipped with macro lens and tele lens... The pics were taken with a Panasonic compact camera. So the nice result is surprising. A neat camera, but sometimes it seems to be pure chance whether the pics turn out this nicely... ;) 

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »

Oh! so those are called purple willows there? hahah! here they are called Horsma!... and they are EVERYWHERE during certain times and there can be big meadows full of them... also bunnies seem to like eating them a lot...

And you all have cameras? hehe! I just use my crappy cellphone to take some pictures... macro lens would be cool though...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »

and Jarf... I know the snow blocking the door! when I lived further away from people, it was impossible to go anywhere because of snow at certain times... You had to get moths worth of food just in case... I never minded that... actually it was fun being alone like that... back in those days I melted snow for drinking water during winter... sadly, it's gotten so polluted now that it's not wise to drink rain/snow water...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »

Just to show why I was so baffled that flowers bloom there already... this is the weather here today! dark and snowing! it was snowing so much that people might get lost in the forest because you can't see far in this weather...

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 12:32:26 AM »

My camera is becoming somewhat dated but it still works. And it is an entry level DSLR. But I'm quite happy with it. It's also always a monetary question, no money, no additional lenses, no HDR sensors and so on.

Spring is coming to country here now, the weather changes quickly (typically for April in this area). I totally missed snow this year (fall last year) due to workloads. I think when snow has fallen just right now in the rural areas of a country it's probably still edible. After all it is still more or less frozen distilled water (the question is how many super volatile fine particles are in the atmosphere). In a town it quickly gathers all the dust and fumes and dirt. Your area looks good for skiing. Not too steep, not always flat, should be fun to go on a ski-hike.

It's long ago that I was in the Taunus, unlike Frankfur am Main, which I occasionally drive by (3 times per year) or change trains at the railway station. So yes, it's all relative. Does the Taunus already count as Mittelgebirge?

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 05:13:38 AM »

As jaRf mentioned, we woke up to snow on April 1st... Wow. Just wow. Next day we had almost 20 degrees. Unbelievable.
But nice to see that you at least had some more snow, Berit.
And jaRf, official the Taunus are Mittelgebirge. Well, to me being from North Germany, they sure seems like that! ;)
If you should ever come by, let me know. We always have a nice fireplace and beverage to offer. :D

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 05:10:31 AM »

Here spring is driving forward, today I could glance at a lot of different colors in the gardens. Tulips in red, yellow and other colors, magnolia in white and violet, small blue on the grounds and big white clouds from apple, cherries, peach, apricot and so on. Makes me forget the worries of life. And I should have taken a photo, but I guess I still have a few from last year around the same time.
I heard in Finland there are still the last pathes of snow melting. Unless you're living in higher mountain regions the only thing you see here is an occasional hail during April.

And thanks for the kind invitation. :) Occasionally I actually come by the Frankfurt am Main region on travels.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 03:24:24 AM »

So I don't have many pictures of my apartment, it being a city scape and all, the only pictures I have are like. Two years old? And taken when I was looking for a new roommate, lmao. I'm going to work on that. In the mean time, I have some images of where I have been working this summer, Dagali. Which is a tiny speck in the mountains, I work there as a guide on the museum. These were taken in July-August so they are already a while ago, but I hope you enjoy!

The girls next door to the museum!

And a picture of some things I did to occupy my time when there was few customers... weaving bracelets!

"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »

Hey Startear! Your photos aren't visible, Photobucket changed their 3rd party hosting a while back :)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »

Ah, so I'm not the only one. And I already though it was due to my restrictive browser settings.
Photobucket went down the drain major style the last years. And a lot of art that was posted on the former Scrolls was linked in via photobucket.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2017, 10:02:29 AM »

Yeah it's pretty awful! I used it a ton for both personal and work related projects and the way they shut down hosting on other sites was suuuuper unprofessional. I understand that storage like that is expensive, but at least give folks a bit of warning.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »

Ah, damn it!

What is a good alternative to photobucket?
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »

I use imgur, but I haven't really searched for alternatives. I wonder if one could host their photos in Google Drive or Dropbox and share their links publicly...?

Also I should probably post something here too, since we've just moved! I haven't even explored our surroundings yet, so it might be a great adventure...  :D

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 04:52:55 AM »

You CAN share links to your Dropbox and Google drive images. Not sure though if you can also embed it though, never tried it... I usually use my Livejournal scrapbook for that.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 03:21:46 PM »

Heya! sorry I haven't been around as much as I should! and yeah, Photobucket seriously sucks nowadays! I just post my stuff on Tumblr and copy the image address there!... and here is something I love to show you! last year I saw the smallest adder I've ever seen! it tiny! itty bitty! snek baby! that biggest part of pine bark is about the size of one euro coin... and gain, this was taken on my crappy phone so the image is blurry, sorry 'bout that!...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up