Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flowerstar's canon drabbles  (Read 7917 times)

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Flowerstar's canon drabbles
« on: March 13, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Several 'true' and not so true drabbles (meaning some with exact 100 words and some under 500)

---------------------------------
Title: Three minus one
Author: Flowerstar
Fandom: Elfquest
Rating: G
Length: 465 words
Summary: Three minus one is in no way less perfect - and new things are wonderful.
Pairings: Scouter/Dewshine/Tyleet
Disclaimer: EQ is (c) by Wendy und Richard Pini
Notes: I love this threesome mainly because of Dewshine and Tyleet, so Scouter does not have much to say here.

She watched her beloved going, in the dim light. Dark hair, slender, but strong shoulders clad in dark leathers. It was time for the hunt. He looked back, flashed a grin at her as he caught her eye.

She waved and then retreated into the small cave. It was a small moment of peace for the two elfin women inside of it. No one had allowed the pregnant to attend the hunt, and so Dewshine had volunteered to stay with her. Now she sat down at her side and stroked the red hair with delicate fingers. Her lovemate - or was she a lifemate already? - stretched and yawned.

Green eyes twinkled, indicating that the words following it were not to be taken seriously. "I hate this." She let a hand wander across her swollen belly. "It was so much easier having a child without this to bother with."

"Ah, but you will not be able to compare the joy of holding this little life to the one holding the human cub." Dewshine scolded her lovingly. "It's yours from the beginning, not strange and alien, born from some other woman."

"He never was alien to me." Tyleet's eyes were narrowed now, and there's no mistaking her for not being earnest. "It didn't take long for his scent to become like mine." She sighed. "You haven't been there ... He was as perfect as a human child could be to an elf."

Dewshine remained silent. Then she said softly: "I wish I had been there ... I'd like to have seen what a mother you were to him."

"You will get the chance of seeing me being a mother soon - if the shape-changed let us be." She shifted uncomfortably in her furs, and Dewshine helped her to sit up a bit. "But at the moment I don't want to think of it yet. It's so peaceful without a little one crying."

"And without his father fussing over you, isn't it?" Now blue eyes were shining, knowingly. "He's just as bad as he was back then, when I was with Windkin."

"And without him." Tyleet repeated sincerely. Then she gently reached out and touched Dewshine's face. "At the moment I'd like to have a share of my other lifemate as well."

She took the other one by surprise. But the next moment, a smile creased Dewshine's lips. "Do you know that none of us before dared to speak this name, no matter that we shared soul names? As if it would open up something more, something strange and new?"

Soft laughter was to be heard. "But I've never been afraid of strange and new things." Tyleet drew her closer to her body and caressed her cheek with her lips. **And despite everything - you're neither, Lree.*
Humour is reason gone mad. (Mark Twain)

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Flowerstar's canon drabbles
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:13:05 PM »

Title: Surrender
Length: 167 words
Summary: When will the body force the mind to surrender?
Pairings: implied Winnowill/Voll
Disclaimer: EQ is still (c) by Wendy und Richard Pini
Notes: based on a fanfic by Kathleen at the eq.com-forums, where Venka mused about if Winnowill once also did fight her powers.

Voll is so much older than her - than all of them.

Oh, he would understand. She is sure of this. He always understands. But she does not want to tell him. It's hard enough not to tell the others, the very few hatchlings who are of her age, her father ... It is not so hard with the other ones, old like he is. No, she will not tell anyone.

Her arms, her hands stretched out in front of her, Winnowill ponders the strange tingling feeling in her fingertips. She wants to touch ... Touch somebody else, smooth broken skin back to softness, ease away a bruise, stop the flow of blood from a torn vein ... heal. It's what her body wants. But Winnowill is not so sure about what she wants herself.

She has never been able to fly. Her body did not want it. Winnowill did neither. But now, body and mind are in discord, wanting different things. The black-haired maiden knows that in this case, though, her own will matters little, if not even nothing at all. And it frightens her.

Voll would understand, but he would tell her that she has to accept it, nonetheless. And so she does not tell him.

Until her body will force her to surrender for the first time.

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »

Title: Daughter and son
Length: 109 words
Summary: Clearbrook loves her son, but she remembers her daughter
Pairings: Clearbrook/One-Eye
Disclaimer: I don't own anything

The daughter she held was delicate and small.

The son she holds may be stronger.

The daughter she held had silver hair like herself.

The son she holds has dark brown hair like his father’s.

The daughter she held had dark brown eyes like her father’s.

The son she holds has dark brown eyes like the one his father still has.

The daughter she held did not live to see her father lose one of those beautiful dark eyes.

The son she holds was born to a father who has only one eye left.

She knows that the daughter she held is here to see her hold her son.

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »

Title: Dancing 
Rating: PG 
Warning: Character death, sex (aber beides nur auf recht harmlose Weise erwähnt)
Length: 347 Wörter 
Content: Pike isn't a Go-Back, but he knows their ways. And that's why he's dancing. 
Characters: Pike
Disclaimer: EQ is (c) Wendy & Richard Pine 

There he was, not heart-broken, but sad, sad about the loss of the Go-Back maiden he had just learned to know. And there were those two Go-Backs, looking around them at the strange new world of the woods, curiosity and wariness in their eyes. And it didn’t take long until they chose him to be part of their game in this strange new world or maybe he chose them. He doesn’t know and it’s not important anyway.

They would tumble over each other, fight and make fun. His lovemate would look at them with that wicked grin of hers and tell him, if it wasn’t for the love-making, why would she put up with the likes of you, Squirrel-cheeks? And his other lovemate would shrug and tell her he’s thinking about inviting Shenshen into the mix because there are always new ways to learn, and routine is only for the elders anyway. And they would end up wrestling in the furs, because for Go-Backs even sex is a fight, a dance and a war. Pike isn’t a Go-Back, but he doesn’t mind at all.

Then happiness became scarce and sadness and grief came, but they were still fighting and cracking jokes, because if there’s no way to laugh with each other, why fight, fight life? Then there came the long sleep, waking to another new world like when they left the Frozen Mountains, but it didn’t change them. They went separate ways, but it didn’t change anything.

Now the flames are burning high, and he is dancing on the plains, for the Go-Back who finally fought his last war, who went to dance with the other warriors. And in his mind, he prays, he asks and begs the High Ones to return his other lifemate to him, to not let her go dancing with Skot as well.
Because if Krim is gone, too, who would be left for him?

You can’t joke and wrestle, dance and fight with a spirit. You can’t love a spirit the way Pike loves.

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

Title: Bright Eyes
Author: flower_star
Charakters: Voll, Winnowill
Word Count: 100
Note: Inspired by the song "Bright Eyes" by Simon & Garfunkel (and I misheard a line - well, that way it's suiting better.)

Voll always knew that Winnowill’s eyes were burning with fire. Her passion lit the halls of Blue Mountain whenever he felt weak and powerless. For a long time, her fire was shining brightly.
But Voll didn’t notice when it changed. He was not there in that only moment when Winnowill finally realized what had become of her and them, that moment when she closed her eyes in fear.
Winnowill opened her eyes, and the fire had turned pale, burning, but without passion. This light didn’t bring light to the halls of Blue Mountain anymore.
She never closed her eyes again.

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

I like all the little glimpses into each character at large and smaller points in their lives. Nice work!
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »

Thank you, Medea :D! I should get back into producing more of those ...

Isolde

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »

So beautiful! I especially loved the short one about Clearbrook, reminiscing about her lost daughter  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up