Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official Elfquest Forum Refugee topic  (Read 17631 times)

Blackbird

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Elfquest Forum Refugee topic
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »

What Wildfire said. :)  I lurk and sometimes mutter a non-sequiter or two.

To be honest, I still haven't recovered from mourning the loss of the old blue-gray Scroll of Colors site. It was such a lovely, sprawling, easy-to-use online home.

Well, It's great to see you, still remember you from the "old" days, and watched your fanart evolve into something amazing, and your Crescent story made me cry.

Velouria

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 10:20:58 AM »

Wow, I guess we were clutter, huh? What a shame. I can't see me go back to that forum even if it was re-instated.

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

I really enjoyed the original blue-grey Scroll as well, I spent s o much time there. I was still reasonably active when the first update was implemented but it was never really the same especially as the forum grew more Facebook-ish over time.

I honestly don't get Wendy's comment. Sure ok I get that she wanted to have a more blog-like approach where she and Richard could have the primary voice, but they could have done that AND kept the Scroll? Withdraw from the Scroll, let it be "clutter" and comfortable to use for the fans while they have a streamlined section of the site as they see fit?

For me it's not so much about the immediate loss of a way to communicate with other fans, it's about the lack of respect for the fans. I've read this series since I was 7 years old and truly admired Wendy and Richard, but this is like a slap in the face. Ì'm seriously doubting whether I'll buy more comics from them.

Pyreite

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »

Wow,

So that's what happened.  Ironically I don't find it that surprising that the Pinis' closed down the forum on Elfquest.com.  It's a huge site which would make managing it a nightmare, especially if you consider how much accumulated user-generated contented was posted on the site via the forum, for how many years that it was open.

Ouch.

I can sympathise with the fans that are upset over the loss, but we do have alternatives like Elfquest Fanart and other similar forums. 

~ Pyre

Tam

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »

Indeed. They just could have handled it so much better. Oh well.

Many of us are congregating here: http://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/

And dollers here: elvenholt.twilightlegend.net

We'll find a place to call home again, it just...very poorly handled on the Pinis' part, from wording to timing to just blatantly ignoring any concerns or feelings that weren't strictly positive.

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »

I just joined!
Hope I feel at home like I do here!

Christina Raibert

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »

What...? Okay, just got back from super busy RL times and I find out this? The forum is closed? Why?  :o I wasn't too fond of the newest versions - both very slow loading on my comp - but if they were getting troublesome then *why* simply not go back to the original configuration?  ???

Sad to see a piece of EQ history go up in smoke :( But luckily the fandom still has places where to gather!

Pyreite

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:06 AM »

Now that I think about it the design for the whole site is a navigation nightmare.  Puckernuts, you can't bookmark anything, or find anything, the menu is confusing, and I have to scroll down a hundred pages just to find one thing.  It's horrible.  Now I understand why everyone complained about the forums disappearing.  At least stuff was organised in a logical manner, now it's all over the place.  It takes for example four or five clicks just to get into the archives for the comics to read them.

It maybe simple for the admins, but it's terrible design.

Even Tumblr is easy to navigate and that uses a blog structure.

Livejournal and Facebook are easier to use too.

This site?

Not by a longshot.

~ Pyre
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:43:08 AM by Pyreite »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up