Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2016 EQ Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 30572 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2016 EQ Fan Calendar Guidelines
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »

The theme for the 2016 Elfquest Fan Art Calendar is: Tribes

Submissions for the 2016 Calendar are being accepted:
March 1st through September 30th 2015

THEME

•Submitted artwork should represent the theme "Tribes”.

DETAILS

Things are going to be done a little differently, as it seems like a lot of you are struggling to be able to participate in the calendar each year.
This is why the 2016 calendar will be based on EQ Tribes, a theme I thought would be a lot of fun (this eliminates the need and time taken to vote for a theme).

Another change will be judging, I would prefer not to have any. That being said, what I would like is for those of you wishing to participate to sign up, rather than just mention you would like to participate. This means you will be given the responsibility of getting a piece of artwork ready for a specific month in the calendar so be sure you have the time and energy to do so.

Once you have signed up you will be given a specific month, tribe and three characters to work with. You must choose at least two of the assigned characters (but you may keep all three). You will need at least four characters in your submission so if you want, you may add one to the three you have been given or add two if you decide to drop one of your assigned characters.
You may want more than four characters in your submission and that is up to you but you must have at least two of the assigned characters in your submission.

Sorry I forgot this - Full backgrounds please, I want the characters to be in their customary environments around the time of year you receive as your month.

December which is the last month in the calendar will hopefully be a piece of artwork that represents the beloved dead and will be comprised of one member from each tribe. I would ultimately like for all the calendar participants to work on this month together. Please let me know if you have any reservations about this when you sign up.

Please note, I will be asking for a progress report sometime in May which may include me asking to see how your submission is coming along.

TRIBES

•The tribes that will be represented in the calendar are as follows:

Wolfriders
Sunfolk
Go-Backs
Gliders
Trolls
Humans
Wolves
Wavedancers
High Ones – Elf Form
High Ones – Cone Head
Preservers
Beloved Dead

I can appreciate the fact that many of you will want to ask for a specific tribe to work with but I will be handing out the tribes and characters at random to keep it fair for everyone.

GROUPS

•You may work in groups of two if that makes things easier for you. Please let me know who you will be working with when you sign up.

How you work in your group is totally up to you. One of you may supply a sketch for the other to ink and colour or you may work together to complete the scene. It doesn’t matter so long as you both agree. 

CONTENT

•Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.
•Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed.
•Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool).
•PG-13 or under.

FORMAT

•All entries should be in full color.
•Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)
•Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)
•File format: JPEG/PNG format only

HOW TO SUBMIT

•When you are ready please email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.

•Entries must be received by midnight CST, September 30, 2015.

Include the following:

•Title (Required):  Title of your submission.  Titles will be included on the calendar.
•Artist Credits (Required):  Will be included on the calendar.  Your real name or preferred artist's credit name.
•Email (Required)

CREDIT

•The artist credit and the email listed with your entry will used for credits.
•The Warp Graphics, Inc. copyright will be included for you.

PUBLISHING

•The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the Calendar will be published at Elfquest's Cafe Press shop. Proceeds from the sale of the Fan Calendar will go to Wolf Park. http://www.wolfpark.org

QUESTIONS

•Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.
•If you don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here:  http://www.elfquestfanart.com/calendar/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:05:46 AM by Maggie »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
Re: 2016 EQ Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:03:18 AM »

mmm...you know what? i always wanted my art in the calendar. and my art skills are getting better...so i'm in! just to clarify, we must have 4 characters in our drawing, 3 of which will be given to us?

i really hope i get a nice elf tribe and not trolls...come on random picker thing!

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

I'm still debating participating, I'm still trying to get back into the swing of drawing and my skills pale in comparison to many of the people on here... So I'll wait to see in a bit how many people end up signing up and then if you still need people I'll probably join.

One thing I did want to say was that the PM sent out linked me to the 2015 guidelines.

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »

I want to join! It has been a long time (It was the then and now Calander...) so it is time for a new entry I think ;)!

And I love the theme! Can't wait to find out what you want me to draw. :)

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »

I feel an itch in my fingers, but my drawing skills have been out of whack for looong..
But if there is a shortage of people wanting to colour stuff, give me a poke if you
want to team up :)

Psst, link at end of post, is not working!

Rosalie

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »

I like this concept! I might join, real life is really busy as always, so I'm going to think about how to find the time. But I really like the idea of assignments. It's something else for a change :)

schayde1

• Zwoot
  • Aspen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 06:50:12 AM »

I am definitely interested in being a part of this calendar this year. I look forward to seeing what is assigned this year. :)
S&SW Schayde1 (Deana M. Lawrence)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 07:12:41 AM »

How are the participants chosen if there are more than 11 willing to sign up?

Regardless, I'd like to throw my name in the hat, I'd like to join in, or if all the spots are taken, be a pitchhitter/backup artist if someone needs to withdraw

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 08:15:24 AM »

For those of you really wanting to participate please send me a PM letting me know, I usually keep up to date on the threads but I don't want to accidently overlook someone. Also please make sure you really want to take up the challenge, once you sign up I will be expecting you to complete your submission.  ;)

I also forgot to add to the guidelines that I would like full backgrounds, I want the characters to be in their customary environments around the time of year you receive as your month.

As far as entries goes once the 11 spots are taken that would be that. I'm hoping some of you will want to work together in groups so more people can participate.

I suppose if there is a huge demand to participate then there could be judging and those that get in will then have to complete the month of December together, so that is a possibility as well. ;D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »

I'm So down for this! Bring it baby!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »

I would also like to join! This sounds challenging and fun. Collaborations are usually a lot of fun, too.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 03:33:02 AM »

It does sound interesting. However there is barely any way I'll get progress til May. Especially when it is at least two characters. I'm not so much in practise that I'd easily get two characters drawn within a week or even an evening.
Is there some specific setting or scene, a way of interaction foreseen? E.g. if two people contribute 2 x 2 characters for, let's say January. Would there be (from a northern hemisphere viewpoint) a snowball fight be appropriate?

Wintergreen

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »

I'd love to participate this year, if there's still room.  ;)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »

OMG I want to know what tribe I have to draw SO BAD ! GIME GIME GIME! This is going to be such a challenge! group scenes are not my strength. I'm ready to grow!!! yAY!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 12:24:32 PM »

@ jaRf - You are required to have 4 characters in your submission, I am giving those participating 3 characters and they are required to use at least two of the characters I give them but in the end there must be at least 4 characters in each submission.

As for settings and scenes, those participating will be given their month (as stated in the guidelines) and they are required to set the scene at the time of year their month is in, so yes if it were January you would probably want a snowy setting but what the characters are up to is the participants choice, so long as it remains canon to the characters they are working with.

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »

I cant even say how thrilled I am with my tribe~!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh I tease you all with my joy!
This is so perfect. I'm going in for back surgery in two weeks and I will have recuperating time to work on this!

AmberSkies

• Treewee
  • "I STILL say it's Magic!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 08:08:27 PM »

Hello there fellow Wolfriders!

I'd absolutely love to participate in the Fan Art Calendar! I've been an artist and avid EQ reader my entire life long and am so excited for this opportunity that I learned about through the EQ Facebook page.

Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do in order to receive my tribemates from you, Maggie. Definitely looking forward to who I am assigned! AYOOOOAH!!  :)

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »

Questions:
If you get a month assigned to you, no one else gets that month assigned?
And if there are more people wanting to participate, they can leave their name here to form an alliance of sorts? Or will they get assigned a month too, so you might have two people doing the same month?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:36:18 AM by EyesHigh76 »

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »

Hey there Maggie.

Sign me up, if possible, this late ?     PM'd ya also.
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 02:37:45 AM »

Ooooh, what a challenge! I am happy about my tribe, but slightly scared to do a scene with so many characters. Let's rock this!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »

Questions:
If you get a month assigned to you, no one else gets that month assigned?
And if there are more people wanting to participate, they can leave their name here to form an alliance of sorts? Or will they get assigned a month too, so you might have two people doing the same month?

I'm not sure about assigning the same month to more than one person and then ending up having to judge the artwork to see who gets in the printed calendar. That may be an option if a lot more than 11 people sign up.

You are more than welcome to work in groups if you want, so if you want to form an alliance with someone that is totally up to you. Just let me know who you'll be working with if you decide on a group project.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »

If anyone needs helps arranging so many characters, I'm happy to help or do a basic sketch of how the figures could fit together. I'm pretty used to overseeing proportions in that sense. At this point I don't feel like signing up and doing more detailed work though, like linework or coloring.
Contact me at afke11 @ yahoo.com if you need help.

I'm glad to see all the tribes will be represented this time!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:46:24 AM by Afke »

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:34 PM »

HOLY CRUD! afke I just might take you up on that! You Doll you!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »

Alright, so as it stands now all 11 months have been spoken for. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of people so that may change and if it does I will let you know.

I have been thinking about whether or not to allow more of you to participate by re-drawing months, tribes etc. and then the competing months would be judged to see who's work gets into the calendar.

I've decided not to do that as I would really love for everyone to get in the calendar this year. That being said I have decided that anyone else who would like to sign up may join in on the month of December.

There are a lot of beloved dead characters and I think it would be fantastic if we all worked together on that final month. That would allow for all the 11 participants and anyone else who wants to, to be a part of the 2016 calendar.

Also those of you (like Afke) who may feel a little less like taking on a whole page you would be assigned one character for the month of December.  ;) Which makes it a little less hectic for those of you who are really busy.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 12:34:52 AM »

Not that this meaning that I will get my submission done anytime soon, but at least I made my first stick figure sketch already. These really help me with finding the right composition. I am totally giddy about this! And this year I got the deadline fixed in my head.
Haha, no "Contrasts" again this year, eh? ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up