Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theory about latest part of Recognition  (Read 5026 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Theory about latest part of Recognition
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »

Cross-posted from the official forums because I'm so excited.

AFter reading the never-before-published installment of Recognition (the new stuff starts at page 31/32), I have a theory about the "recognition" that the title is there for.

spoiler space

It looks an awful lot like Teir and Ember are recognizing. I think the writers may be playing with the idea that Go-Back's don't bother with recognition, implying that they simply can't. That Teir can't. Or at least that the ability is sluggish.

I think Recognition is trying with those two, but is stalling a bit because of Teir's lineage.

There is certainly something going on there with those two.

And I like the steamy page.  ;D 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:21:15 AM by Foxeye »

Sweetwater

Re: Theory about latest part of Recognition
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »

I completely agree!!

Oh Teir and Ember are so adorable! *huggles them*

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »

Oh oh oh, more Ember/Teir goodness, from the script for part 5 of Mender's Tale (this one didn't get drawn):

Emphasis mine

PAGE TWO:
Mender and Ember confer. Mender is told in no uncertain terms by Ember it's HIS strangleweed, and he's got to get himself out.

PANEL 1: ESTABLISHING SHOT: Teir and Ember in their sleeping-den, curled toward the reader. Remember -- it's not "shaped" like the old Father Tree -- but it's obviously where they have denned for some time. In his sleep, Teir is wrapped around Ember -- romantic and sexy without being in-your-face about it. Ember answers the send without sitting up.

EMBER (send): mmmm..Mender?

MENDER (o/p send): Ember, there's trouble.

PANEL 2 WAIST UP: Ember sits up (enough sleeping fur covering her to be modest to the readers). Teir readjusts so his head is in her lap, his arms around her waist, but doesn't wake up. (Even six years after Lehrigen, he won't let go of her if he doesn't have to...)

The High Ones are being generous to us Ember/Teir shippers.  ;D

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »

Wait!  DARNIT!!!

..this is the first chance I've had to read the Recognition storyline; and it was never FINISHED??  Is it finished elsewhere??  GAH!!

Grumble.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

No  :'(  There's the one that was published, then the lovely second part they added to digital EQ, and then silence. Not even a script like we got for Mender's Tale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up