Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: favorite EQs of EQ past  (Read 6021 times)

spearcarrier

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Writers of the Apocalypse
favorite EQs of EQ past
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »

Of them all, I have come to realize my favorite was Jink. Dunno why. It.. just was. And I miss it. I used to have all the EQs, but that was then and this is now. ANyway, you?

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: favorite EQs of EQ past
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:06 PM »

Vaya. I have plenty of favourites (Ember, Winnowill, Rayek, Jink, etc) but Vaya will always hold a special place in my heart. Her foolhardy bravery and sense of duty is admirable
*dreamy sigh*

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »

You can all look shocked when I tell you...

I have no favourites! :shocker

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »

I can't really tell if your asking for story arc or characters...  ???

Either way, my favourite arc was Kings of The Broken Wheel and my favourite characters are... Ugh... too many... Rayek, Strongbow, Shale and Reef.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »

My fave story would be "The quest begins" where everything in the world is new. Not just for the elves, but well, to us as readers just as much.

I get you, Maggie, I don't really have one that stands out more than the others either. I may have had in the past, but I was younger than. ;) As a result, they may stand out to me in older stories (like Pike or Picknose), but no longer in newer ones.

Christina Raibert

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

I guess my preferences are fairly easy to guess, both when it comes to characters *and* storyline? *laughs* ;)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »

To name a favourite from the stories / comics it is hard to tell. I probably have most of the EQ material here but from that I'd say original quest series (I read them first as a translated and colorized version). Some HY parts (Rayek's story), EQ Vol 2, Worldpool, Kahvi, Wavedancers...
Original quest, well, it had grip and bite, it was my first EQ experience and I knew the characters then. The others brought a lot of new characters and sometimes I lost overview.
Admitted I often did not have the time to read them in one block like I did back with original quest.

Same problem with the new Final Quest. It comes shipped by tfaw but the releases are 3 months apart. So I could just re-start reading from the beginning every time. :/

Concerning the characters, well, it's obvious, right? (If it is not: "jaRf" stands for "just another Rayek fan".) So favourite character is Rayek. For a lot of reasons.

But there are a lot of other characters I like, and Elfquest has a lot of characters.
Venka and Clearbrook, my calm and soothing ladies. Redlance and Teir for being calm / mysterious and calm. Maybe Skywise. Tyleet, Ekuar to name some more.
There are even characters I don't like but I see them as necessary addition to the story.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »

Favorite Storyline? Well I really like the beginning, there is something I've always loved in that... and then I like the Elf-troll war stuff!... can't decide between the two...

As character, Yif is my favorite character!... but there are many others I really like as well...

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 03:12:01 AM »

I have a general love for the characters of the past, like Rahnee, and the kids, like Trinket, Bowki and Chitter. But my absolute favorite character is Chot. At first I liked him because he was so different from other elves, all angles and general lack of grace. He was allowed to fail and be made a fool of, something I felt the main characters after a while stopped doing. But also when he was in the Sun Village after being awakened from the wrapstuff. He was lonely and bored, by his own doing. A character flaw by sure, but one that I can relate to a lot.

Favorite storyline would be Kings of the Broken Wheel.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."
Pages: [1]   Go Up