Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vanishing artists  (Read 7819 times)

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
Vanishing artists
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:19:18 AM »

Hello folks

Without a specific occasion but do you think it is scary how sometimes artists (or other people) seem to just vanish from the net? Without a trace or message. I just noticed some people having been inactive on several accounts. Nothing showing signs of moving, job change, health issues or something, just gone. And then sometimes gone for a long time. Some people even seemed lively and all fine and then suddenly you never heard / read of them again.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Vanishing artists
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »

Yeah, there's a lot of artists that I really miss and would love to see new stuff from.  I get sad sometimes that there's not as much activity as there used to be, sadder that there doesn't seem to be new people taking the places of the vanished. But that's just how life goes. Life gets busy, interests change. I myself stopped drawing in high school and didn't do more than a scribble here and there for about 20 years. My creativity still seems to come in go in waves, with a lot of ideas for a while, then nothing for way too long. And if I'm absent for awhile, I don't think it makes enough difference to anybody to leave an explanation.

Pyreite

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

Not really.  RL always takes precedence.  Peeps don't have to tell us anything about where they go or why.  Unless you're a close friend or family member you're likely out of luck.  Peeps also do outgrow fandoms.  They could be simply 'fandoming' elsewhere too.  Like I've moved from Elfquest to TMNT and even Transformers, something I liked way before I knew what EQ was about.

~ Pyre

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:05:26 AM »

I know, I know. Real life can be a nasty thing sometimes. And yes, nobody is obliged to tell the world what is currently going on or not. I understand that people leave a fandom. But some people just vanish in general as it seems to me. E.g. somebody with a DeviantArt account, several forum accounts, maybe even a website of his/her own. Regardless of any type of fandom or not, the person just vanishes without a hint or trace. Sometimes I am worried that these people got severely sick or just died. Or some "external force" got hold of them like people in certain countries going to jail for nothing. Or getting beaten up. Killed. Something like that. Or some people suffer from a depression. And possibly even suicide.
I then wonder if I could have noticed something and if I could have done something about it in time. Or just wished people good luck for a medical treatment. Or donated some to a fundraising for countries where you have to pay for yourself. Or helped people somehow with word in case they are suffering from a burnout and/or depression.

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »

Sadly, this is a common problem no matter what, whether it be artist, writer, both, even just an enthusiastic individual. Of course I can understand real life getting in the way, but it's sad and frustrating when people go MIA and stay that way for extended periods of time.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »

Yeah, I'll admit I disappeared from this site, and the EQ site for quite some time. I'm only just getting back into things. My life just got really crazy, ended a relationship, started a new one, moving around, trying to find a job, health problems. I didn't think I would end up being gone for so long so I didn't think to say anything. -shrug- Stuff happens.  :-\ Miss me? lol.

Blackbird

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »

YES! Many of my favorites from this site is gone, and I wonder what happend, did they just loose the fire?

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:44 PM »

I had been gone for a long time too... it seemed nothing much happend and my life was too busy to visit here...
My art seems to be here.. or at least my entry for one of the fanart-calanders is. But I can't add my name to it again, so I am also an unknown artist! Wheeeeee! Lol.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

I had been gone for a long time too... it seemed nothing much happend and my life was too busy to visit here...
My art seems to be here.. or at least my entry for one of the fanart-calanders is. But I can't add my name to it again, so I am also an unknown artist! Wheeeeee! Lol.

Which one is yours? I can add your name.

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »

From the Then and Now-calander my drawing was picked for the cover. Fathertree and Thorny Mountain Holt. ;)

Others I don't know, maybe there are more, but if I find it I will let you know!
Pages: [1]   Go Up