Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Follow the Bouncing Clay"  (Read 4992 times)

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
"Follow the Bouncing Clay"
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »

?               

. .
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:00:45 AM by Tah-Marien »
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: "Follow the Bouncing Clay"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »

Hell-o !

And welcome to my first foray into a tutorial thread:

Here is where I will be posting a sort of  "sculpt along".  You are Invited to Join in if you like.

Firstly we will be discussing wire; yes Wire!  Even a sculpt this small will need an armature to hold the clay in place during a bake.  I use three types for this scale: 28g, 24g and 19g.   Next you will also need a drill, a teacup hook (or a nail bent into a round hook) and a little patience and practice:  For the smaller gauge wire must be twisted for the best possible strength at such a small scale. I have found that the drill does longer pieces that are more consistently twisted. 

As I learn to post pictures in this forum they will be added.  (I have not found a tutorial in the EQFA directory that teaches me this)  Before I had help for the "Desks and Workspace" posts - but the children have all since moved out ! 

And on we go:

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:51:09 AM »

Where do you buy your wire? Is it like normal, let's say garden use wire?

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:52:56 AM »

Hi TREEFOX -  and any other brave voyeurs,

[ WIRE ] can be found in many places:  like your local hardware store or craft shop.  I use galvanized steel, copper, and colored 28g sometimes. Mostly all galvanized  steel for me. (but) The color  28g wire seems to help those students who find it hard to "thread" as they wrap.  Threading just means that you must ALWAYS wrap going in the same direction through-out the sculpt for maximum strength.

I am in the process of collecting and taking photos of supplies and work sheets.  This is going to be awfully slow paced until I get my Cyber legs working underneath me (so to speak) so Please be patient. 

In the mean time - pick a photo or a drawing of the character you wish to sculpt.  Either drawn by you or taken from the pages of a story. (If you are going to use someones else's drawing of your character or of a beloved character - please get that persons permission for drawing and/or character)  Now scale it down with a scanner, or other technical ways, to about 3 - 5 inches high on the paper.  3 inches being Wolfrider 10th generation for this project.  I am hoping to put up different examples from other artists if they would be so kind. 

. .

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:57:22 AM by Tah-Marien »
Pages: [1]   Go Up