Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fate of EQFA.com  (Read 22436 times)

Amberfox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of EQFA.com
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 11:44:17 AM »

My physical condition is the main reason I haven't been online much. I've lurked but haven't had much time to do much else. I fear having to face surgery, but if it'll help and answer questions, I'll sign up. I should know more next month.

That's okay. I haven't been especially good with answering my own email as of late, but it's good to know I hadn't been forgotten!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »

The computer is holy. I carry it on my hand during a move. ;) Well, unless the disk is broken it can be fixed.
So everybody get well, soon. This is an order. Being sick - in which kind of sickness ever - sucks.

For non-canon characters: I like to see them, though often I do not have the same "relationship", the same amount of recognition than I have with canon characters. I hope that I'll find some time for trying art later this year.

Starskimmer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »

I made an account years ago when I first started getting into EQ fandom and only just now became active with post, so my apologies  :-[ I'll do my best to interact more. I'm actually keen to try my hand at this year's calendar. I've never tried drawing any canon characters before. All my elf drawing has been for Rivertwine Holt elves. Even though I've been active in the fandom since 2008 I still feel like a newbie. Heh  :D

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »

Well, I am always the one late for topics - important or otherwise - but I decided to come amd comment as well anyway.

I do love this site and the art so am glad someone has been taking care of it. I know running sites, forums, etc is a lot of hard work, unrecognized hard work, so even if Maggie is not looking for praise I still bow before you! It is always sad when a site you grow fond of disappears from the great wide web and leaves an empty hole in your fandom.

I shall add to the "reasons for lack of involvement" -

- I made a giant move, leaving the desert for trees and water, and it definitely took some getting used to! Also found myself much more involved in work, community, and new friends than I was accustomed to. I'm rarely online the amount of time I had been years prior.

- Also I no longer own a "real" computer (desktop, laptop, nor netbook...take your pick) and mainly use my phone to get online or this tablet I am typing on now. I thought at first no big deal but using mobile/android is quite different (and sometimes frustrating). And as I'm lacking in talent for completing digital art attractively the long process of borrowing desktop and scanner for my drawn pieces is difficult motivation unless I have a deadline or a large batch of art to scan.

- And I too am in sickly mode. The move was to help my health and has not proven to be as helpful as expected. I don't share details of my condition, but it does get in the way of many things and drains me to the point I ignore several things I once spent a lot of time with. Silly me as art in one form or another is what makes me happy.

- I am a horrible commenter and even though I may stare at a piece of art for a good half hour I normally derp and can't do much but "...der...purty art..." but if everyone is happy with that I will oblige *lol*

Well, there are my "excuses" ;) 

oh...and I got a puppy :D

I will try to visit more often and get some art done to share as well.

I apologize for any typos or weird spacing...I don't post normally on any forums any more as this tablet is kinda annoying that way...

Pyreite

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 02:18:52 AM »

My lack of involvement is chiefly because of RL, lack of interest, and the fact that I don't do canon EQ fanart.  I do some fanart of my own charries and no one elses.  Plus I locked myself out of RPGing in the EQ holts again.  They would spontaeneously die too often so I left.  I'm not really interested in returning to EQ rpging either.  It's too time-consuming and RL now takes precedence.  I also fandom elsewhere now since EQ is great and all but I've outgrown it. 

~ Pyre
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up