Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 permissions  (Read 3023 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Elfquest fanart RPG 2 permissions
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:25:52 PM »

Just a thing about the RPG I'm running http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=454.msg8212#new More players are welcome!...

It's about what players allow to happen to their characters, please answer these questions if you are players... This game is meant for everybody, so if anything makes you uneasy, doesn't fit your character, just write no to the the stuff you don't want with your gal/guy...

Your character: (name you character so I know whom of your characters you are talking about)
Recognize other character: Yes or No
Do you want to choose who she recognizes: Yes or No
Have children: Yes or No
Have hidden genetic properties: (positive or negative) Yes or No (example: Whoops! my character flies! I guess he/she has Glider in him/her!)
Suffer Permanent damage: (scars, crippling, sickness) Yes or No
Die: Yes or No

You can change your answer any time, just inform me in the game you have done so! Also you can specify in these questions as well, like for example "my character can get amputated but not crippled!" also if all is fine and dandy, just say so, then you don't have to answer every individual question!...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:03:53 AM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 permissions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 03:18:30 AM »

Are these supposed to be public or sent via PM? Anyway, I don't mind mine being public, so this can also be an example:

Your character:
Laluna

Can recognize other characters:
Yes, though she doesn't have a soul name. But that didn't affect Leetah either, so...

Do you want to choose who they recognize:
No. I like the element of surprise, and the possible difficulties it might bring! I do wish that player character recognitions would be handled by messaging Berit first, so it won't mess up his plot for the game. I don't want to be messaged about them, to keep the surprise!

Can have children:
Yes. She can also lose the ability to have them if she faces such a misfortune.

Has hidden genetic properties:
Sure, I don't mind either way. I assume you meant properties introduced by the game master that the player themself don't know their character has/develops? That'd be exciting!

Can suffer permanent damage:
Yes. Only, I want to be able to participate in the game in some way all the time. So let's say that I want her to be able to move and interact with others. It's possible even if she lost a leg and the ability to speak, but falling in a coma and staying like that for the rest of the game wouldn't be that fun. But having a dream while in a coma would still allow me to play. So only temporary coma/paralysis, please! :D Otherwise she can be tossed around until unrecognizable, and the same goes for mental damage (as long as it doesn't make Laluna evil towards others).

But what is the level of violence? The same as in Elfquest? I don't mind rough stuff, but others might.

Can die:
No, because I want to play as Laluna in possible future RPGs as well.
But: if death doesn't impact possible future games (so I could still play as Laluna), then yes. I just don't know how it would affect character relations (like, if Laluna dies in this game, but appears again in another, so the friends she'd made would be in for a shock to see her return from the dead!).

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 03:52:35 PM »

Yup! the violence will be like we see it in Elfquest, nothing over the top!

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:36 AM »

My answers will be similar to Czarine's. I see all that happens in the game as becoming permanent parts of her character, so I'm willing to see where it goes.

Your character: Moondrop
Recognize other character: Yes. Always one of the fun things about the EQ world to play with.
Do you want to choose who she recognizes: No. I'd rather have the surprise! Would make things more interesting.
Have children: Yes. This is the one downside for recognition. If there's Recognition, there will probably be children! I kind of think that that's more responsibility and emotional ties than I want for Moondrop, but that also could be cool to explore! So, yeah, i'm willing to see how that goes.
Have hidden genetic properties: (positive or negative) Yes. Again, pretty open to anything.
Suffer Permanent damage: (scars, crippling, sickness) Yes. As long as it's not permanently limiting. I still want Moondrop to have good mobility and to fully engage in the story.
Die: Yes? I mean, she's not immortal. Or maybe she is immortal in the way the High Ones were. She may be able to live forever, but what would kill other animals would kill her. She's afraid of death.
I certainly hope she won't be killed off in a story, at least not without discussing it first. If i'm gone for a long time, I would rather she just wander off to show up again than be killed off.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »

Ok! and don't worry, I will not aim in killing characters, but it may happen... also if a player makes a stupid decision like "My character will jump off the mountain!" well then... what can I do to prevent death in that case? if that character isn't a glider it can only lead to death... but thanks for answering!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 01:33:06 PM »

Your character: Wander
Recognize other character: Yes
Do you want to choose who He recognizes: No
Have children: Yes
Have hidden genetic properties: Yes
Suffer Permanent damage: Yes
Die: Yes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:35:16 PM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »

Your character: Stormsong
Recognize other character: No
Do you want to choose who he recognizes: No
Have children: Yes, if he finds a mate he can have puppies
Have hidden genetic properties: Yes
Suffer Permanent damage: Yes
Die: Yes (But Will not Die easily! I don't want to puppy to die!)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:43:04 PM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 03:23:47 PM »

noooo, don't kill the wolf! T.T

Your character: Antaka, female
Recognize other character: yes (But not a must have for me)
Do you want to choose who she recognizes: yes/no -not sure in the moment
Have children: she is able to give birth
Have hidden genetic properties: no - the reddish hair comes from a long lineage but she don't have or will pass on something
Suffer permanent damage: not so far but she can get some
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:43:52 PM »

Don't worry, I won't Stormsong can only die if no one takes care of him!..

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 09:11:52 PM »

Your character: Toad
Recognize other character: Yes
Do you want to choose who she recognizes: No
Have children: Yes
Have hidden genetic properties: (positive or negative) No
Suffer Permanent damage: (scars, crippling, sickness) Yes

Amberfox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 04:34:26 PM »

YOUR CHARACTER:
Stormvex

CAN RECOGNIZE OTHER CHARACTERS:
Sure, contact me first

DO YOU WANT TO CHOOSE WHO YOUR CHARACTER RECOGNIZES:
Either; contact me, let's talk!

CAN HAVE CHILDREN:
Yes

HAS HIDDEN GENETIC PROPERTIES:
Magic runs in his family, so it wouldn't be unusual, but Gamemaster can introduce other possibilities.

CAN SUFFER PERMANENT DAMAGE:
Sure, but like Laluna, would rather game things out. Not one above asking help from healers if it's significant for survival.

CAN DIE:
Offhand, if he can be resurrected at some point. He's an old character I've had for ages, but I'm still working with him since the last game he was a cub (ages and ages and ages ago). Would rather keep him around for a while.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:42:24 PM by Amberfox »
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Amberfox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »

YOUR CHARACTER:
Runedance

CAN RECOGNIZE OTHER CHARACTERS:
Sure, contact me first

DO YOU WANT TO CHOOSE WHO YOUR CHARACTER RECOGNIZES:
Either; contact me, let's talk!

CAN HAVE CHILDREN:
Yes

HAS HIDDEN GENETIC PROPERTIES:
Mom is a powerful healer, so maybe an ability; Gamemaster can introduce other possibilities.

CAN SUFFER PERMANENT DAMAGE:
Sure, but like Laluna, would rather game things out. Would get Mom's help if it's significant for survival. Oh, the lectures he'll get from her (and likely a few more wounds to remind him to stop being stupid)!

CAN DIE:
Offhand, if he can be resurrected at some point. He's an old character I've had for ages, but I'm still working with him since the last game he was a cub (ages and ages and ages ago). Would rather keep him around for a while. And Sona would kill me if I let him die. Not only that, but I don't think death would slow him down.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!
Pages: [1]   Go Up