Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Quarterly art contributions (share your ideas Here).  (Read 190204 times)

silentleaf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Quarterly art contributions (share your ideas Here).
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »

No need to draw nudity! That is  purely a choice! I'm SO thrilled by the turn out so far! thank you all soo much for your contributions! We still have over a month so No rush! I know people are cooking up their calendar submissions now too!

Please feel free to Pm me with Ideas or requests for our next quarterly submission! 
You guys all rock my socks!

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »

Okay  .   .   .  *big blushes here*   I am not too good with modern slang -  I thought a "banana hammock" was just another term for "junk"  you know;  a cylinder and two spheres.

Well  .   .  .  now I know.   *sly smile*  But my first quarterly contribution will be modestly nude.  Silly me.

. .

OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »

Hahaha! well! you aren't the only one! I was wondering what that was as well and then went to the check it out... and I was a bit shocked!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »

DONE! though I might do another one... because it's fun!...

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »

HAHAH you guys are a HOOT!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »

I've already done two sketches: one for summer and one for spring. I have plans for autumn and winter. I hope to have all done by next weekend, at least shaded. Coloring takes me a lot longer, so at least I can post black and white. I've also answered the call for elves that just don't get much love or time in the limelight. I intentionally chose characters that are rarely drawn; I just hope I did them justice and viewers can figure out who they are.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »

That's fantastic amber! I'm sure you did a fantastic job and I cant wait to see them!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »

I finished the final sketch Monday and now I need to ink all four of them. I hope to post them by this weekend. I'm also going to try and finish the art I did for the "Every Picture Tells a Story" calendar and post then as well. Better late than never, I suppose.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

I also had to look up the banana hammock, though I already suspected something like that. ;D

... I'd pick less odiously popular guys. Cutter, Rayek, Skywise, as much as I love them get alot of art love.
Please be aware that there is no such "Rayek got enough (art) love". ;)
Though I admit that a bunch of other characters should receive more love.

It sounds like a funny idea. Oh well, I guess I already have something silly enough to draw. But I'm likely stressed til beginning of May so end of May is a short deadline for me.
Furthermore the idea would include a female if that is possible. Moreover it would contain on of these "odiously popular" guys. More or less. It was just something silly that popped into my mind. I might have more ideas, more or less for other seasons, even other characters but not til end of May.

(Had my first 70% spare day today so I feel a sudden rise in wanting to be creative.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:56:20 PM by jaRf »

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »

I don't have a problem with you drawing a lady for your submission. Really the idea was just to get people to feel creative and give them a basic guide to follow.  Its all Love here!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 02:48:54 AM »

I agree with Silentleaf; this is a challenge, but mostly used for inspiration so everyone can see new stuff here. Don't feel like you're limited! Just put your idea on paper as you see fit. :)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

Arrr! It's horrible. Ideas start to hit me but my hands seem so clumsy and slow to make them reality. Besides that the usual lack of spare time. I will still try it. :)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »

Hey boys and girls- we still have a few weeks left for our quarterly challenge! we had a great turn out.  I'd love to get some ideas from you guys for our next challenge. I know we are all busily working on our calendar contributions but lets keep the creativity flowing!

Starskimmer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »

Anyone wanna try doing a style swap? For instance,  drawing Cutter the way he would look wearing Rayek's costume and hair style, or maybe even pretending to be Leah if you want to go the drag route. :)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

OH fun! I like it!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2014, 06:10:48 AM »

Someone on DA did this iirc. But yes, it sounds definitely like an interesting and funny idea.

I actually stopped working today and will now get on to the "quarterly work". I did some parts of it already but silly ideas kept storming at me and I will have a lot to do to finish this in time. I hope my tablet will aid me in some tasks where a mouse just doesn't get the job done. Besides that it is an exercise in terms of emotional portraits for me.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 04:15:18 AM »

Ooo, I really like the idea. But the style swap should be within the EQ universe?

Starskimmer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2014, 07:33:08 AM »

I was initially thinking to keep it in the EQ universe but if you have a specific idea who am I to nay-say? It's a creative prompt, not a contest after all. Rules open to interpretation :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »

And it would be a canon character after all. I woke up this Saturday morning and had this image in my head! I think I should really get this on paper. I think it would just fit so awesomely style-wise!

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

I am enjoying the season theme, so - I think I will just stick to the Seasons and men this year, at first, since I thought it was an all year thing; so I have plans for a least one more.

I have found it very inspirational SILENTLEAF to have this thread.  Thanx for starting it.  Anybody with an art block can look at others people's wanderings and maybe find a spark of fun to share.

. .

OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

I just need less workstress, less clumsy hands / more practise in doing things, more experience how to handle the tablet correctly. I got to finish mother's birthday present, fix my car and lots of other things. But somehow I still hope to finish this in time.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »

There's no real deadline, just take your time! We are all looking forward to more fun stuff from you. :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:31 AM »

By the way, Maggie and silentleaf, what do you think about making a folder for the quarterly challenge after all? I heard some requests about finding the results collected in one place. When it's posted it will appear on the front page first anyway, right?
Current way of posting is fine for me, but it is difficult to find the entries for people who don't visit every day.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2014, 07:46:21 AM »

I was thinking about giving each challenge their own thread in the forum. Then people can find back the discussions better too. People who post their art in the gallery can post the link in the matching thread. The way I see it, posting the pictures in your own folders might also help guiding people to your other art.

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 12:06:02 PM »

Autumn is done, I'm nearly done with summer and winter, spring I'll try and have completed by next weekend (drew myself into a corner with that one). I'd post ASAP, but I don't have access to a working scanner at the moment. My all-in-one is missing its power cord; can't seem to find it anywhere and I'm even having trouble locating a stupid replacement. Next weekend, I'll have access to one - a really GOOD one - so I'll try and post then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up