Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 4212 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
NaNoWriMo
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »

Hi y'all!
I was curious, is anyone on this forum doing NaNoWriMo this year? For those who don't know of the concept, it's basically a challenge to write what amounts to a novel (1st draft)/50.000 words in a month.

I wanted to do it last year, but I only found out about it halfway through November. This year I'm doing it, currently I'm up to 12.000 words.

If anyone wants a writing buddy, feel free to add me http://nanowrimo.org/participants/swevenzre

Cheers!
Ida

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »

I knew of it, but didn't remember it until today! I'm planning to participate if I get all my due projects done by this weekend. I'll ad you if I get a chance to participate!  ;D What kind of an adventure novel are you writing?

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »

Sweet :D It's always nice to be able to see other peoples progress.

It's a post-apocalyptic novel about a pair of siblings having to travel from their city, after it was attacked by monstrous mutated creatures, to the next safe zone a couple of thousand kilometres away. During the travel they find out that one of the sisters have cancer (the government tested and experimented on people some 50 years before the novel starts and the risk of getting cancer is much higher for the descendents of these people than for regular people in that time) and has to face that as well as the creatures hunting them. Then stuff happens :P

TL;DR: Basically, it's about two really codependant siblings and their struggle to survive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up