Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 48740 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2014 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« on: June 30, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »

2011 Fan Art Calendar Guidelines

The theme for the 2014 Elfquest Fan Art Calendar is: Dreamscapes

Submissions for the 2014 Calendar Contest are being accepted:
    July 1st, 2013 through November 17th, 2013

THEME
    • Submitted artwork should represent the theme "Dreamscapes."
    • Elfquest and Dreamscapes a delicious combination of canon and what-if, this should be called the taboo theme.  This theme is riding a fine line; please make sure of the following, as entries that deviate from the rules cannot be accepted.
    • Only one character in your submission may be in a dream state (Unless you send me an IM with your idea and it makes sense for there to be more than one dream in your submission) You may have other characters sleeping in the scene but only one is allowed to have their dream represented (Unless you are are given the green light by Maggie). While this is only a suggestion, keeping “sleeping characters” to a minimum would probably be a good idea, remember your focus is on the dream.
    • Dreams may contain anything from the EQ universe and in any combination, as long as the character having the dream has some experience with the other elves, animals etc. he or she is dreaming about. This is a theme where almost anything goes in the dreamscape. However complete insanity will not be accepted.
    • Here is an example of an acceptable choice: Scot is asleep, next to Pike and Krim. He is having a dream about Leetah. In Scots dream he and Leetah are hunting for deer and she is dressed as a Go-Back. Obviously for Leetah’s character this would not be canon but as a dream it is acceptable.
    • Here is an example that is not an acceptable choice: Moonshade is asleep. She is having a dream about an electric sewing machine that makes life as the tribe’s tanner so much easier. She can sew all the tribe’s clothes in half the time. She loves her new sewing machine. This, while totally hilarious is not canon and won’t be accepted. There are no electric sewing machines on the World of Two Moons.
    • Please IM Maggie with a rough idea of your Dreamscape. This will insure that your vision won’t be a waste of time and paper. Once you get the ok, you can start working on your submission. I don’t want to stifle your creativity but this way, no one will submit anything that may later be deemed non-canon and disqualified.
    • Please see the post below this one for a further explanation of the theme.

CONTENT
    • Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.
    • Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed.
    • Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool). However because of the nature of this theme, what-if concepts are acceptable as part of the dream your chosen character(s) are having.
    • PG-13 or under.

FORMAT
    • All entries should be in full color.
    • Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)
    • Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)
    • File format: JPEG format only
    • Note: you don't have to leave room for poetry this year.

HOW TO SUBMIT
    • Calendar entries will be viewed by the judging panel at Elfquest Fan Art http://www.elfquestfanart.net and displayed there once the calendar is published. However, due to size constraints at the site, you will still have to email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.
    • Artists may submit up to three entries.
    • Entries must be received by midnight CST, November 17th, 2013.
    • Include the following:
    • Title (Required):  Title of your submission.  Titles will be included on the calendar.
    • Description (Optional):  Any text/story/quote you feel enhances your artwork.
    • Keywords (Optional):  Keywords are used for the gallery "search" feature only.  After final selections have been made, all submissions will be made available to visitors.
    • Artist Credits (Required):  Will be included on the calendar.  Your real name or preferred artist's credit name.
    • Preferred Month (Optional):  What month you would like your entry to be featured on (no guarantees, though).
    • Email (Required)
    CREDIT
    • The artist credit and the email listed with your entry will used for credits.
    • The Warp Graphics, Inc. copyright will be included for you.

PUBLISHING
    • The twelve winners will be chosen by a panel of judges (TBD).
    • The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the Calendar will be published at Elfquest's Cafe Press shop. Proceeds from the sale of the Fan Calendar will go to Wolf Park. http://www.wolfpark.org

QUESTIONS
    • Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.
    • If you don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here:  http://www.elfquestfanart.com/calendar/
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:12:01 AM by Maggie »

Yavia

• Tuftear
    • Master of Comedic Arts
      • View Profile
    Re: 2014 Fan Calendar Guidelines
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »

Sorry, this link  http://www.elfquestfanart.com/calendar/ don't work.

But that's actual not, what I wanted to say.

Did I get this right, I have to draw one sleeping Charakter, with some kind off dream-speech-balloon above the head in witch is shown the Dream he/she had?

Just one Picture of that dream, as in your made up dream of Skot? Leetah hunting a deer.

Or did I have to make it a Story with a meaning, like Moonshades thinking - there are no seewing machines, I get this, but she's just telling so much about it. How good it would be. If I had to make it a longer message, I have to do some different thinking.
    I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:27:16 AM »

You can draw more than one character sleeping but unless approved by me, only one character should be having a dream.

You can use a dream-speech-bubble if you like and in it you will show what the character is dreaming about.

There can be more than one character in the dream. And you can have it as a single scene or more than one bubble telling the story of the dream the character is having. How you want to show the dream is up to you.

When you have your idea ready send me an IM and I will go over it with you.  ;)

Yavia

• Tuftear
    • Master of Comedic Arts
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 02:45:04 AM »

Thanks. I could do some thinking now.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »

I can't wait to hear and see what you come up with.

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
      • View Profile
      • Made by Meristide on Facebook
    « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »

Quick question. Last year I was confused about the format... Could I have an example picture as reference for format?
    Shade and Sweet Water

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 05:07:06 AM »

Dramweaver, there is information about the format in the first post:

Size: 11"x8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)
    Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)

I hope you will participate this year!

Wildfire

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
      • Instagram
    « Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »

Are daydreams allowed too or is the theme limited to sleeping dreams?

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 05:55:22 AM »

I suppose a daydream would count, sure why not.  ;)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »

Hey everyone!

Just a reminder, please send me an email or PM with your calendar idea before you start. I love that some of you are really getting into the theme and starting right away but this causes character overlaps and possible changes that can be avoided if you just contact me first.

So far there aren't tons of you planning on submitting work, so I want to try and keep the calendar as varied as possible, this means hopefully no repeat characters. Here is a list of the characters people are planning on using so far:

Suntop
    Ember
    Kahvi
    Leetah
    Maggoty
    Winnowill
    Tyldak
    Rayek
    Ekuar
    Skywise
    Pike
    Strongbow
    Moonshade
    Chitter
    Dart
    Crescent
    Pike
    Redlance
    Ahdri
    Windkin
    Aroree

I'm not saying you can't use these characters but it would be nice if the calendar was filled with more than 12 months of the same handful of elves, Zwoots have dreams too ya'know.  ;D
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:31:53 PM by Maggie »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »

This is VERY useful!  :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »

Indeed it is!  ;D
    I looked back at the thread for the pinup calendar discussion and it was so nice to read all the comments there. Lovely how we reported on our progress, problems and tips how to resolve those problems.
    I think I miss that crazy and creative time a little bit!  :)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

holy crap oly! I was having super computer problems for a while there... lol I lost my log in and the site didn't recognize my email... So I am SO behind... I will have to think something up FAST! ahhhh feel free to share unused ideas my friends.. LOL

Treefox

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »

Silentleaf, you have mail.  8)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »

@ Silentleaf you're not all that behind. I haven't started or thought of anything. Waiting to see what everyone else does so I can take characters they don't want to use. I'll be working on mine at the very last second I suspect.  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 05:18:55 PM »

Update me people, how are things going with your calendar submissions? I already have one handed in...woo hoo!

Afke

• Tuftear
    • Optimist
      • View Profile
      • instagram
    « Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »

Haven't started yet... *runs and hides*
    September was boo, I hope to get most done during my autumn break end of October.

Yavia

• Tuftear
    • Master of Comedic Arts
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »

I will start on my vacation next week.

Czarine

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
      • deviantArt
    « Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »

I haven't started yet, but that's only because I have another deadline to catch. I should be able to start next week (gotta think up an idea!).

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »

Thanks for the update.  ;)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
    • Administrator
    • Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »

Just a reminder to those of you participating in the calendar this year, you have a month to get those entries in. November 17 is just around the corner.  ;)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »

ahhh !!! trying !!!Finally making some progress here.. Yikes! Cant wait to see what you all do.

Treefox

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »

I also finally got started. Also I finally got a working PC and my lovely family gave me a Wacom Bamboo tablet for my birthday!! I love it! However, I just hope I will make it in time. I am struggling really, really hard. I don't recall drawing ever being this hard for me...
    So far, the result are very... meh.

silentleaf

• Tuftear
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:46 PM »

omg me too! I had to put it way for two weeks. Its finally starting to flow now. OOO you lucky girl! Are you JUST LOVING your tablet? I
    ve had mind for at least 8 years and I could not imagine working with out it now.

Yavia

• Tuftear
    • Master of Comedic Arts
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »

Hey, how is everyone?
    Have you been started jet, Afke, Czarine, Silentleaf?
    How is your tablet working, Treefox?
    Did we really get enough submissions, Maggie?
    It sounds like there would be ten submissions this year, if you all make it in time. Is it realistic to think, there would be a calender this year?
    I'm not ready by myself till now, sorry. I just wanted to know, how things are going. :baghead
    Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up