Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OC/FC troubles  (Read 4098 times)

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
OC/FC troubles
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »

So I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've come up with yet another AU story in my head (for EQ) but I keep using Firefly as my character in it but that jut doesn't work properly because the character's backstory is a sort of wandering elf type of things and Firefly already has her backstory. >.<
So I need to make a new character but I keep sticking with my old one. Has anyone else had this issue? Being so attached to one character you have trouble making new characters?

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: OC/FC troubles
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »

I can't say I ever really had that problem, I've had dozens of elfies. XD More often I grew tired of one char and created a new one, so quite the opposite.

But if I needed a boost in making up new characters, I did some random dice rolling with the EQ rpg book, there are special chapters in it just for that. It's useful in getting some basic looks and characteristics and find inspiration in that to add details yourself.

You still need to let your old char go if you really want to make up someone new. Tell yourself you won't be abandoning your char, just putting them aside for now, maybe then they'll co-operate. ;)

Pyreite

Re: OC/FC troubles
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »

Sure, plenty of times, though I just tend to take the same character, and re-envision them, like they're older, or something happened in their history to give a bit of change to their personality, or they get a bit ore maturer being older etc.  It works out so that way I can reintroduce them to a new holt or environment or just throw them into an rpg session with a friend. 

Works out well enough, although, I haven't much dabbled in the EQ universe for a number of years now.  Lack of interest, RL issues, and the loss of old holts just took my enthusiasm for it away.

~ Pyre
Pages: [1]   Go Up