Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Fan Calendar - It's Live...  (Read 11120 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2013 Fan Calendar - It's Live...
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »

It’s live…

Well sort of.

I am in no way as dynamic a team as Foxeye and Windrider, mostly because I am in fact not a team and also because I am not good with scripts, codes or bytes.

If you asked me to wolf down a bag of Bits & Bites I could probably do that but at this point I don’t think it would help.

So let’s go with the positive first. This year’s submissions for the Fan Calendar are awesome. I am actually sorry that there aren’t more than 12 months in a year because the artwork is really great. I am going to give myself a pat on the back for that. I don’t know why, I really had almost nothing to do with it and yet here I am proud as punch (whatever that means).

Another positive, you will get to see the artwork. It won’t have a calendar attached to it but that’s not all bad. The formatting I did is well…kind of crappy, well plain is probably a better word for it but crappy works too.

Oh and also, Richard Pini is going to put the calendar up at Café Press for those of you that want to buy a copy to hang on your wall, or door, or anywhere else you see fit to hammer a nail. See that’s pretty good news, although I actually have no idea when it will be available so that kind of sucks.

In case you’ve come this far and haven’t quite figured out what I am getting at, the formatted/printed calendar(s) are not going to be ready at midnight. Plus who’s midnight were they supposed to be ready by anyway, that was never made clear to me.

I will however give you access to the artwork so you can ooh and ahh and leave comments (you can tell who is in the calendar if you look at the description). The formatted calendar will be up as soon as possible, there is a bit of a problem because of the 2013 planner. Apparently there can only be one 2013 calendar and the planner is really putting up a fight.

On that note I will say a heartfelt thank you to those of you who participated this time around (even though you knew a rookie was going to be organizing this thing).

I promise I’ll do a much better job next time (if you’ll let me).

Happy New Year!
Maggie

P.S. You may notice that the owner of the calendar art (right now) is EQFA, that is something that needs to be changed but it is kind of fussy job, I'll get to it as soon as Foxeye teaches me how.  ;D

Woo Hoo you can buy the calendar at CafePress with proceeds going to Wolf Park.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:58:49 PM by Maggie »

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Fan Calendar - It's Live...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:21:57 AM »

;D So happy to have all this great art! I hope Richard will make the calendar available real soon, so I can order it!
Thanks for all the work Maggie! I think you can be proud indeed. I am so happy that the calendar hasn't died, but lives on to provide more gorgeous art!
Thank you also for providing that absolutely wonderful cover!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »

Heh...well anything that can get me to draw fan art deserves to be preserved. I am happy to keep organizing the calendar for as long as you all want to produce artwork for it.

And I am sure it won’t be long before you can buy the calendar, I want a copy too.  ;D

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »

*sneaks into the webserver*

*ninja-tinkers for a bit*

There :) Should be working now  -> Linky

(Maggie, don't feel bad you couldn't sort this one out on your own...I left you with the most prodigious of challenges; someone else's custom code :P And I left a few bugs features in there that you could not have sorted out on your own.)

*sneak back out again to go chase down SNOW in them thar nearby mountains*
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:25:12 PM by Foxeye »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »

Oh, and beautiful stuff, artists! I will have more to say once I've forgotten that the great outdoors exists. :D

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 04:30:51 AM »

Fast work! Looks great!
Thanks, Foxeye!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:56:34 AM »

It's live and it's awesome!! <3

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »

(Maggie, don't feel bad you couldn't sort this one out on your own...I left you with the most prodigious of challenges; someone else's custom code :P And I left a few bugs features in there that you could not have sorted out on your own.)

Features eh...thanks for the help.  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

You can buy a copy of the 2013 Fan Calendar at CafePress with proceeds going to Wolf Park.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »

I received my copy of the printed calendar in the mail today and it looks pretty darn fantastic. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up