Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Peaks Holt  (Read 11745 times)

Windschatten

Twin Peaks Holt
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »

Hello together.

Let me tell you about a holt I founded 2008 together with Linda who you might also know under the name Queststar. Twin Peaks Holt is a Elf Quest inspired Roleplay holt on Forum base. It’s a enclosed tribe (so no wanders) and we also run little Art Trades (which are not obligated) and share alltogther Art and stories. The main Focus of course is on the role-play itself.

Check out the Forum here:  http://www.frozenleaves.com/twinpeaks/index.php

Admins are : Windschatten, Flowerstar (Beth)  
Founders: Linda, Windschatten

The Setting:
Twine Peaks Holt takes place in a more harsh surrounding. The Twin Peaks Mountains: where it barely get’s warm over the summer and in the winter the elves hide closed in in their cave to survive the hard winters that otherwise would kill them.
Down in the Valley a little human tribe has their village. The deep dark wood separates the elves from the human village. Ate’s tribe worships the elves as the spirits of the mountain.

More Information ]here

The Tribe:

The Elves

The elves of Twin Peaks are immortal, but they have a strong bound to the local snow leopards. Unlike Wolfriders through they can’t sent to them or do ride them. They are independent hunting companions.
Wildgrace is the inherited leader of the tribe, since a few centuries, who has on her side her trustworthy chosen advisor Snowbird.
The elves of Twin Peaks have a friendly relationship toward Ate’s tribe which worships them as the Spirits of the mountains. Twice a year, usually before and after the elves close themselves in Wildgrace and Snowbird go to exchange goods with the humans.

The tribe lives in a huge cave system and mainly lives from the hunt and what the mountains offer. Yet without the offerings of Ate’s Tribe they probably wouldn’t live as comfortable as they do.

Ate’s Tribe

Ate’s tribe lives in the vally of Twin Peak’s mountain. They are a peaceful tribe which farms, hunts and herds. They worship the Spirit’s of the Mountains or Snow cats. Their chief, Ate is supported by their muscle: Mato, the Huntleader and Iktomi the shaman.

For more Informations go here

The Story:

The live in the mountains had been peaceful, until in the last winter a group of other humans arrived. The new humans turned the live of Ate’s tribe upside down. The others under the lead of their Monarch Adrian soon overrun the little village with their own believes and, ideas.
The life for Ate’s People now are shaken by fear and intimidated by the mere force of Adrian’s men.

Wildgrace who always had a soft spot for Ate’s tribe would love to help, but the safety of her own tribe comes first. Through, currently The Others pose more and more of a threat for the live of the elves as well.

Adrian wants to dig through the mountains for the metal and minerals. It’s only a matter of time, until they will find the elves. Not only is their image as spirits in danger but The Others are a brute force and their kid leader cold as ice.

By and by the elves prepare for a big clash and that the live as they know it will change.

---

If you are interested to get to know these elves and their world, please visit the forum and contact either Windschatten or Flowerstar!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:25:10 PM by Windschatten »

Windschatten

Re: Twin Peaks Holt
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »

Backspin - Male, 109 turns old, Healer. Son of Gentlepace, tailoring doll of Newshine. Cheerful and a bit arrogant. Backspin enjoys life, but this has given him a tendency to forget and/or ignore what he dislikes. He can spend hours doing something he likes, while he’s known to walk away moments after starting some task he disagrees with. Healer. (CIS has possibilities of extending). CIS here!

Flintstriker - Male, 790 turns old. Lifemate of Jewel, father of Melody. Proud but has a soft spot for his family. He is very disciplined and loves the hunt and his lifemate. Though sometimes he feels a bit troubled by her habit of sharing herself so freely when he isn't around. Rather traditional. (CIS still has to be created) CIS here!

Ironteeth - Male, 586 turns old. Father to Summerset. Born as Nightstar he can be described as a tall but quiet fellow, very straight forward but only when asked. He tends to be very perfectionate in everything he does.
He likes to escape reality in painting symbols. Especially at night while watching the stars. Just lost his lifemate Sliverstone by a Lion attack and is still in grief. (CIS has possibilities of extending) CIS here!

At the moment, we don't allow new characters. If you're interested in one of these characters, sign up to the forum!

All pics by me ^^

Chieftess Sorrell

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »

I had a Holt I ran in the 80s that there was a conflict with another holt by the same name. I wanted to call it Twin Peaks, perhaps you don't have to worry about the name because my holt as well as the other Twin Peaks have since been closed or changed names, but just thought I would give you a heads up with the name. I ended up calling mine Longdrop Twin Peaks Holt, and Mercy renamed hers as well so maybe there is no longer a conflict with the Twin Peaks. I would like to learn more of your Holt. Do you play offline?
Chieftess Sorrell

Windschatten

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:26:56 AM »

When you click on the link in the header you can find our forum ;)
We play Online. Thanks for the interest ^^

About the name I don't worry. We use it over a year now and till now there was no trouble at all.

Buut I just see I should Update the adoptable here :) Some found a new home and others are looking for one ..

Lionskin: Male,210 turns old. Hunter. Son of Moth, Brother of Swiftfoot, Halfbrother of Softfur - Lionskin is a proud elf, and a bit arrogant which makes him believe he can sometimes tell others what to do. He's convinced he can make anything he wants happen, as long as he gives it enough effort. He's almost always good natured, doesn't get angry very quickly and is a real flirt. Currently, he is developing a mild crush on the chieftess, whom he likes to flirt with. She needs to lighten up, and according to Lionskin, he's the right male to do so. On top of it all, Lionskin loves to gossip and there are only very few secrets that he doesn't know. If he suspects secrets, he will put his teeth in it till he knows what's going on (which will leave him either victorious or mildly irritated because he couldn't get it out)
CIS here!

Foxtail: Female, 87 turns old. Herbalist (Herbal Healing), gatherer. Daughter to Ironteeth, Half-sister to Summerset
As she grew of age, she also grew out of her quiet and distant self. Maturing into a more outgoing and fun female to be around. She cares a lot for her friends but most of all for her family. They always came before everything else.
Since she did keep to herself as a child, she is still not used to some of the playful banter the tribe seems to so enjoy. Her feelings are hurt quite easily and she can get rather mad about that. However, she does not hold grudges for very long and they ever only last a few days, forgiving whoever it was quickly.

She was never one to turn down wine and celebrate enthusiastically with her friends. She has only ever rolled with a male or two and hopes she can one day, lifemate with one of the males in the tribe and have a cub of her own, with or without Recognition.

Some time Her mother was killed. She left the holt for a year she spent close to the human village and learned some of their habits an language.
CIS here!

It's also possible to adopt and create a human character. The humans on Twin Peaks are a peaceful tribe who worship the elves as the Spirits of their woods. Family and Names are given so as age and position. But for the rest you could run wild.

The humans have another Problem at the moment. Until now they lived quite peaceful. But now Other Humans came to the land and kinda take it over.

Check this out: Human lore

If you are interested of if you have any questions Please PM me :)

Chieftess Sorrell

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 02:25:35 PM »

Thanks for the update. I would like to learn more about your Twin Peaks. Could you please contact me at grandfatheritzamna@yahoo.com? Thank you
Chieftess Sorrell

Windschatten

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 04:52:05 AM »

Okay .. I'm looking for some artists to do some simple portraits for my Holt : http://www.frozenleaves.com/tw​inpeaks we run an ancestors project and some made dolls in lack of artistic abilities (like they claim) and I would just love to have some drawn pictures for them. There is a loose guidelines but thanks to the dolls there still is a lot of freedom.

Well if you fell like creating a look for one, there is a long list of elves who could use a face still ;)

Contact me if you are interested ^^
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:54:32 AM by Windschatten »

Windschatten

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »

Well it was drop out time again :/

SO we have a few elves who are looking for a home again.

Blueberry- Age: 429 Position: Brewer, gatherer  Sister to Rainshy Adopted Mother: Snowbird -
Outgoing, flirtatious, hates the cold. Secretly realous of Snowbird who has a lifemate who adores her, but who sometimes doesn't seem to notice so. She would love to have a relationship like that one, but as of yet hasn't shown any interest in the available males. Loves to have an occasional furmate and is willing to bribe those with drinks. Loves pretty things, accessoires and jewelry.
She is almost obsessed by her work. She'd do anything to get to new fruits and berries, in order to experiment making new wines. Blueberry is very proud of her abilities and knows that she is good in what she does, but would never brag about it. She knows she's not the only brewer, and she also knows that Melody is equally good.
She has a mischievous streak that sometimes comes out, when she wants to try and uncover secrets. Her method? Feed them wine until they talk!
For more see: CIS!!

Flintstiker Age:790 Position:Hunter, tracker - lifemate to Jewel, father to Melody and an yet unborn baby of Newshine -
 Flintstriker’s name is apt; he strikes sparks wherever he goes. Proud, traditional in outlook, and hot-tempered, Flintstriker is unafraid to speak his mind about anything. While he can be tactful with friends and family (and that’s not always a sure thing), when angered Flintstriker will say whatever he thinks, no matter how harsh or unkind. A good thing for him that he hates to be in the wrong, or his tribemates might never get an apology out of him.

Flintstriker loves the hunt, and he’s justly proud of his skills; he’s a disciplined hunter, and he holds himself and his hunt-mates to a high standard. As a tribemate, he’s responsible and hard-working; as a friend, loyal yet forthright. In his free time, Flintstriker prefers the company of his lifemate, Jewel, their daughter Melody, and a few close friends; he also plays the flute, and enjoys hearing Melody sing.

Flintstriker is hopelessly, passionately devoted to Jewel; while he’s shared furs with her and Moth on occasion (to the point where Jewel has wondered if Softfur, Moth’s daughter, is also Flintstriker’s child), he has little interest in joining elsewhere. Jewel’s furmates bother him a little, but he knows it’s not personal—he keeps reminding himself that his lifemate’s drive is a little stronger than his. He’s a doting father to Melody--he loves her cooking and her singing, if not her habit of rising early.

Good with children and youngsters, Flintstriker has no patience with adults who act like children. Nor does he suffer fools at all. He’s notorious for finding new ways to insult his enemies, his creative command of elfin profanity, and his hatred of purple clothing. Nor is he the forgiving sort; Flintstriker will cheerfully hold a grudge until it dies of old age.

Currently he has a straing relationship to his lifemate and Newshine. He wants to be a part of his unborn's cun life badly but there has been a lot that lead up to this cub.

More about him is to find here: CIS!!

Summerset- Age: 14 Position: Cub - daughter of Ironteeth, Halfsister of Foxtail -
Summerset is a sunny child, lightfooted, always smiling and she lightens up the room. She’s a real babblemouth, developing adult features complete with confusing thoughts (she’s developed a crush on Icefire). She’s maturing, but these feelings sometimes throw her off guard. She worships Frostclaw and sometimes acts like his shadow, complete with the eye-patch. Is genuinely interested in everything and wants to learn everything, but is distracted soon. Currently, she’s set her mind on learning how to cook, but she’s already tried bone-carving (because that’s what Frostclaw does) and herbalism (but doesn’t understand why her sister likes plants so much – elves are way more fun than plants). She’s convinced that if she wants to be able to have something, she’ll get it if she puts enough effort in it. Loves the snow and after the first snow has fallen, she goes outside to make figures in the snow and build snow-elves.
She longs to have her own snow leopard bond to play with and regularly seeks the whelps out to see if someone wants to be friends, but so far, they haven’t showed interest yet. To comfort herself she clings onto her stuffed snow leopard, which she has called Pylea when she was four. She is very attached to it.
The only time when she's less happy is during her sleep -- she sometimes wakes up crying from the recent loss of her mother. Her mother's death didn't originally cal on much guilt feelings, because Ironteeth tried to convince her it wasn't her fault, but she keeps having nightmares in which she relives it, or dreams in which she makes it a happy end. When Ironteeth withdrew, she started to think he did blame her, and when Foxtail left them, the guilty feelings were complete.

For more information click here: CIS!!

----

Things like cloth, hairdo and minor things can be adjusted to the players comfort level ^^
If you are interested contact me please :)

Windschatten

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »

Good news :)

Summerset has been adopted.

But we already have a new adoptable.

Jewel- Age: 980 Position:huntress, weapon-maker, Magic: magic feeling . Lifemate to Flintstriker, Mother to Melody, Sister to Gentlepeace -

Jewel is not an unfriendly elf by nature, and is always willing to give people second chances (unlike some others, it seems). Yet, despite the fact she tries to be objective and neutral when witnessing an argument, she is not shy of giving her opinion, sometimes with tact, sometimes a little less, depending on the person who needs it. Yet, if she has an opinion of her own, she is able to stubbornly cling to it until she's really proven wrong which she doesn't like much.

She is a loving mother and a devoted lifemate, even though she sometimes shares the furs with either Moth, Rainshy, or Mirkwood. Especially in the winter, she doesn't mind inviting either of them to the den she shares with Flintstriker.

She has a sharp and witty mind, likes laughing and humor, but is not so fond of pranks. Always in for sharing Blueberry's finest, yet tries not to get too drunk to be hungover in the morning.

She is perfectly capable of handling her sometimes grumpy lifemate (who's become more grumpy over the winter for some reason) with a joke, or with a blunt opinion. Yet, she realizes that she must not be the easiest to live with either, and she accepts him with all his faults just like he accepts hers. She just expects honesty from him, like she does with every member of the tribe. Still likes to set up games for the two of them and is delighted if she beats him, much to his dislike.

Thinks of herself as a good mother and though usually, people go to Snowbird for parental advice, she also offers her help if needed or if Snowbird is away.

For more see: CIS!!

Note: Currently Jewel's lifemate is exacting a cub outside of recognition with another elf. She has no problems with sharing but the circumstances of the case made her feel a little sore with her lifemate. Contact for further information if you are interested.

Windschatten

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

Updated the Intro!

Windschatten

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »

Jewel has been adopted. Only Flintstriker and Blueberry left ^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up