Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Share Your Desks/Drawing Spots  (Read 35604 times)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: Share Your Desks/Drawing Spots
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:01 AM »

Here's mine:

When I lived at my parents I was used to draw everywhere too. But I always pictured myself a decent workplace in my own home for drawing and other creative stuff.
While looking for a home I had in my head I needed two bedrooms to accomplish this. I turned the smallest one into an actual bedroom, the biggest became my workroom. There's a lot of bookcases in this room as well.

I got the four matching tables from the library I work at (when they moved to a different place, these were marked as trash). I usually have one designated for my markers as you see in this photo, while the last one (bottom) varies a lot. All the way in the back (top) are my scanner and printer. I still want to add a memoboard to that wall on the right.
I put all the tables in a row in front of the windows, where I look out over my backyard and high trees in the back. I sometimes get distracted by squirrels. ;D

I also like having my computer screen next to a drawing spot. However I deliberately kept so much space round the screen I can also draw in front of it (really usefull when you google references). There's a cheap A4 tablet hidden underneath my keyboard, I sometimes use it for coloring.
I am righthanded though my mouse is on the left. I had RSI once while I still needed the computer for work, so I put it on the left to continue working. I got used to it so quickly I left it there to prevent it from happening again (keeping my drawing hand "clean").
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:14:26 AM by afke »

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »

Wonderful! Great way to get a lot of drawing tables for free. I miss not being able to look out of the window while drawing. Ah, well. Love the cases you use for the copics! Did you buy them especially for copics or just saw those and thought it would fit good for them?

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 05:53:36 AM »

I had a friend of mine buy them in her city, 'cause I knew she had them as well for her markers (not copics) and knew what I meant. They turned out to be different though -- I wanted with elastics holding the markers, but they didn't have those anymore. It works well enough though, but now some years later I feel I'll mostly use them at my own place anyway in stead of carrying them around, and I'd like something that can just stand on my desk. Feels that could look a lot better organized.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »

Yep, those "stands" for copics do come in handy. Something like you have is much better for carrying around, though.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »

Wow, Afke you have so much work space. I wish I had that. ;D

My extra room is also my work room but there are so many shelves filled with books and craft items, all I have as far as work space is the desk in the picture I posted and sometimes it gets a little cramped.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

ps   Where can I find the tutorial on downloading to a specfic place  ? ? ?
I just uploaded mine to deviant art scraps and went through the HTML codes to find the image link, then I just copied and clicked "Insert image" and pasted between the brackets.
You could also upload them to photobucket, if you want.
I don't know where else you could upload but these are the two I usually use.
I hope this was what you were asking, sorry if this isn't the right thing you were talking about...  :dunno

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »

Thank You Destiny !  I am just learning this site.  I went and got my Step-daughter to explain this to me and I understand That I must post elsewhere and then Link.  Good to Learn. 

Extra bonus for posting ; it made me clean up my Space !  My Art Studio looks all grown up.  Don't be fooled.  It will  be a wreck as soon as I drag everything back out to work on. 
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »

Standing in one room to photograph another.

To the right.  The computer center. Seldom Used.

Close - up on the drawing table. Excessive Use.

Close up on the Work table, in  another room  (behind the computer wall), with a project layed out.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »

Funny to see how people set up their workspaces - jumping the bandwagon, here's mine :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 05:54:29 AM »

Wow, nice big art room, Tah-Marien! Too bad the pictures are so small, but it looks pretty impressive.
Yours looks so tidy, Icebird! Love the bejeweled Newt! Can you post a bigger picture?
Your number of Copics is also quite impressive! And I wish I could have some double screen power, too... But I just don't have the space. 

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:28 PM »

Wooo, finally settled into my new apartment enough to  have a workstation that I can share!

Got the new Cintiq which can orient from fully-upright (so it can act as the only monitor) to completely flat, and everything in between. I don't show it as flat as it can become in the second picture...I like to keep access to my keyboard underneath.

That said, most of my art right now is practice exercises in my journal (drawing the same pose for multiple characters with varying anatomy is my favorite exercise). :P I fear that years of sharing my artwork online has led to an addiction to feedback/reactions, and I want to remember how to be reliant on my own internal voice. Sadly this means I won't have much art to share for a while.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:14 AM »

You can sit on that stool to work?  :o

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »

Oh! That Cintiq is pretty awesome! As are the sketches I see. Very inviting and ergonomic  somehow.
I fear that years of sharing my artwork online has led to an addiction to feedback/reactions, and I want to remember how to be reliant on my own internal voice. Sadly this means I won't have much art to share for a while.

Interesting, I was thinking along the same lines when I was riding home on my bicycle yesterday. Well, I don't want to stop posting art here, but I was thinking how most of my life I was just drawing for my own pleasure and actually showed my art to almost no one. But I so enjoy sharing getting feedback and C/C. I think it helped me improve and hopefully will make me try harder in the future as well. But I understand that you might like to rely on your own eye, but still I will miss your art! Still hope for new Jungle Fire stuff!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »

You can sit on that stool to work?  :o

Yeah ^_^ It's bouncy too!  Tons of fun to chair-dance in when you have lively music going.  It's like using a exercise/medicine ball for a chair, except you can adjust the height and I've never fallen off of the stool.

most of my life I was just drawing for my own pleasure and actually showed my art to almost no one. But I so enjoy sharing getting feedback and C/C. I think it helped me improve and hopefully will make me try harder in the future as well.

Aye, I think it's good to go back and forth between the two. :)

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 04:04:54 PM »

Very Nice FOXEYE.    It took me two years to unpack - and whooo I don't want to move again for a while.  !   You and Afke are very lucky to have such wonderful light.

I miss the Squirrels from my oldest House.  I see them here but only when I walk the dog or go to the Many parks in my area.

Sorry for the small pictures  of the Studio TREEFOX, I am still learning to Post and Download.  You can see them really big on my Deviant  site.  It shows the tools better.  Especially the many color  pencils and Crayons, and pens it took to Color  the one of Tyleet.

Kojiyumi

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 02:07:13 AM »

My art area has.... issues.

Viserion likes to think he's more helpful than he actually is.... 

Shhh...! nobody tell him he's not a scary guard-dragon...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 04:03:17 AM »

Haha! Great! Dragon-guarded indeed!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »

Lifemate got a large-format printer, so the office/studio in our new house now has a wall o' elfquest ^_^ There's gonna be a wall o' junglefire, a wall o' photography, and a corner o' RPG characters.

I thought it would be weird to have my own artwork on the walls, but for a studio it works...sort of like a kick in the pants to keep doing art.

(And a kick in the pants to work at high res, because that printer shows every flaw *wince*  That's not even the biggest that monster printer can do... )

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 01:48:58 AM »

Looks like it does an awesome print-job! :o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up