Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Share Your Desks/Drawing Spots  (Read 35608 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Share Your Desks/Drawing Spots
« on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »

I thought it might be fun to share how and where are working creatively. So I'll post my desk which I use for drawing and my computer. As you can see, I tend to spread to everything within reach with my drawing materials and reference stuff.

As Nightfall has now made her appearance in the 2014 calendar, I can finally post this.  :D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your Desks/Drawing Spots
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

That is one nice workplace. I envy how you manage to keep it organized like that.

Is that the stabilo fineliners? Don't they run all over the place with copics? Speaking of that, I like that bag there. :D Good way to keep 'em organized when one has many.

I primarily sit at three different places... depending on what I'm doing and what place is available. Mostly prefer right beside my scanner. I would be my big tv room, but now I sleep next door, where the window is open 24/7 all year around. Hence it is often so cold that me hands goes numb. Tried drawing with gloves on, but... eh.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:17:15 PM »

Great idea, but my desk/drawing spot is... well.... Looks like a tornado pooped its contents out on my desk.  :lol

Okay, here's mine.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:28:07 PM by DestinysGift »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »

Love it, Destiny! I should add those little tags, too. Aw, your dog needs ear medicine?

Is that the stabilo fineliners? Don't they run all over the place with copics? Speaking of that, I like that bag there. :D Good way to keep 'em organized when one has many.

Yep, those are stabilos! :D I usually put them on my pictures at a very late stage, after the copics. I think the copics do dissolve the stabilos indeed.
Why is the window open all the time? Sounds a bit harsh... Hope you can live with your other drawing places as well.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:47:26 AM »

Destiny, it looks great! Clever to add tabs.

Hehe, because I'm one of the guys who needs it to be cold to sleep. Even as temperatures creep below -10, I am reluctant to close the window, usually just fetch a blanket or change my duvet. And when I call forfeit, I usually close it at night and have it open during the day.

And I never use the oven.

But yes, I am comfortable at my other places to sit. I even have af big mirror where i can pose for me self. XD
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

Love it, Destiny! I should add those little tags, too. Aw, your dog needs ear medicine?
If he gets too much water in his ears, he gets an ear infection so I keep the ear cleaner nearby so I don't have to search for it when I give him a bath.

Anyone notice whats on my desk?  ;)
I recently pulled some my little ponies out of their packages and set them in front of me.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »

I think I can basically draw every where, but at home I use my gigantic black sofa.
 Excuse the lighting.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

It looks so comfortable!  :D
I love those plush looking sofa's!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »

This is where the magic happens. ;D

I'd add tags for everything but it would probably take a month.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 05:37:50 PM »

Oh god, Maggie. It's so orderly.  :lol
It looks so comfortable!  :D
I love those plush looking sofa's!
:lol me too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:50:17 PM by nilla »

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »

I'm kinda envious lol Everyone has super cool places. I'm closer to Nilla and draw almost any where. I normally sit on the floor w/my back against the wall and sketch XD Now that I've begun practicing photoshop colouring it's still the same position lol

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »

Maggie, I love your desk, I want that Matt Smith! Such a cool background on your computer! (Mine is the master right now)
I wish my desk was clean like that!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »

Haha, funny, when I was younger, I also used to draw everywhere. I even used water colors in my bed, no kidding. That sofa looks like a fine place to draw. Cuddly!
Maggie, your desk looks so tidy! I love all the little things like that raven. I want that sack boy!!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »

Uh, my desk isn't really a clean one...  ;D

I do almost everything here; eat, draw, watch videos, listen to music, play games (though I play more with PS3)... There's a bed for sleeping though, just behind my chair.  ;)

I'm hoping to get enough money to buy a desktop PC, because I don't like using my laptop's keyboard (my wrists start to hurt), and I don't like the screen being too close to my eyes.  :-\ That's why I have a cordless keyboard & mouse.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »

Haha! So nice! Love how stuffed it is and that you drink diet coke from a cup. :D
For longer work I actually prefer my totally out-dated desktop to my new work laptop any time. Just more comfortable for me. Man, that Wacom looks nice... maybe one day I'll get one,too...
But as long as my no-name tablet still works ok, I guess I will postpone again and again.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »

Its interesting to see the different tablets everyone uses, for the most part everyone's is pretty small except for mine (15x14inches) but I guess it'd be more convenient for you guys.
Oh and I love the AC:B, Czarine, its one of my favorite games.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:58 AM »

Okay, so as said, I mainly sit at three different places. Since I sat by the kitchen table today, I took a photo of that place.

My watercolor set is very cheap, of the kind you buy in the kid stores.

Oh, and the paper under my Ellie Poo (which is made of elephant dung) is the paper which i place under whatever I'm using my promarkers on, because they bleed like crazy.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »

Yes, what is that called in English?
I think you drawing setup looks inviting. Makes me want to draw. You got quite a nice classic table there. And concerning cheap watercolors, I also mix the cheapest water colors, felt tip pens with expensive copics.  Poor lonely copic! *laughs*

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »

Pencil case?

I love these quick looks in people's homes btw, I'll take a picture of mine too, once it's presentable. ;P

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »

They say a person's work place gives insight to their personality...idk lol but I too like seeing the little inside to people's life via their art set up. Mine is so minimum compared to everyone. I'll get a pic taken so everyone can laugh at it  :lol

Startear I drink coca cola when I draw...it just seems to be my art drink of choice.  ;D

Miss Gillespie

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »

This is where the magic happens. ;D

:o feels like your desktop-wallpaper is trying to suck me into it :o very 3D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »

:o feels like your desktop-wallpaper is trying to suck me into it :o very 3D

Haha, well it's the inside of Dr. 11's TARDIS, getting sucked in would probably be a lot of fun. ;D

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »

Haha, well it's the inside of Dr. 11's TARDIS, getting sucked in would probably be a lot of fun. ;D

Getting sucked into the Tardis......
My mind would be blown if that were to happen. I think I would explode from the how much nerd is in me that would come to the surface  :lol

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »

Treefox: Hehe, yes, it it one of those really obnoxious long tables that should be in a mansion. Often I want to sit down at the oposite end, just because I could. XD

Branchscamper: Hehe, I'm adicted to it. XD The brown drink beckons from the fridge, where it keeps a cool coat. As it makes contact with a glass it bubbles in pleasure. But you cannot make it beg unless you drink from the flask, raw and wriggling.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »

Love it Startear :lol It is admittingly one of my addictions as well. I guess we all have to have our fave drink along the line :) But I go off topic and must remember to take a pic of my work space...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up