Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: River Twine Holt  (Read 79245 times)

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: River Twine Holt
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »

LOL ya i was looking at both of them.  If you could get two he would be fun.  But the other one was louder to me, even tough his personally is NOT loud.  Think it was the hair fetish that got me.  I love elves with long hair....look at Cloudfren yes he is cute...lol
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »

02/27/13: congratulations to Fey, who adopted Pathmark!   ;D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:16:32 PM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 09:57:50 AM »

10/17/13: update!  Rill has been adopted -- welcome back, Daria! :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:39:52 PM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

10/20/13: update!  Nightstorm has been adopted -- welcome, Tessa! :)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:53:59 PM by Eregyrn »

Peacekeeper

• Treewee
  • Steve Thomas
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »

I'm the 25,000 view.
 :)
The elves were about to attack the bear...until they saw an elf riding on top of it!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »

w00t!

(omg, does anyone even SAY "w00t" anymore?  :o it's from the 90s!  This weekend brought to you by "making Eregyrn feel old".)

Peacekeeper

• Treewee
  • Steve Thomas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

I stlll say it sometimes, Eregym.  I wonder if a male can play a female character the right way...
The elves were about to attack the bear...until they saw an elf riding on top of it!

Peacekeeper

• Treewee
  • Steve Thomas
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

Oops I just noticed the gap.  Sorry Eregyrn.  This elf need glasses :lol

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

I wonder if a male can play a female character the right way...

I think that's a question that only you can answer. :)  I've known several guys who liked to play female characters, and who were good at it.  Just as we have plenty of women who play male characters (*cough*), and often prefer that.

The bigger question, I think, is whether the style of "play" at RTH would appeal to you.  I think you've mentioned (here and elsewhere, like at SoC) that you have primarily been a roleplayer.  But, I would caution, RTH is *not* a RP group in the usual sense of the term.  We usually talk in terms of "players" and people owning and operating a character, but our style of play is quite different from the way I understand most RP groups to operate.  We don't do play-by-post or other types of "live" storylines.

Instead, RTH builds storylines through members writing largely stand-alone stories (sometimes, serialized if they are longer).  Some members are writers, while others are artists.  Unlike most RP groups, you may not only write for / draw for your own character, but others -- in fact, it's rather expected.  (A character's owner always gets to see a story or art and approve it, or ask for whatever changes they want, before it is publicly posted.)  Members who are primarily artists can often trade art to others to get stories written.  (Or their characters may wind up being involved in others' stories anyway.)  Both writers and artists may write in the "present" (we do have a timeline that advances at the rate of 1=1 in-story to real-life year), but may also explore any point in a character's history, or write about the tribe's ancestors.

This is the style of play I have been used to since I joined a fandom at age 12, back in the early 80s.  ;)  But I gather it can be an adjustment for some folks who are used to RP, and thus aren't used to writing full stories, or writing for the characters of others.

RTH is also "moderated" in the sense of having a council (or board) that makes sure players stay within the group's guidelines, and having a Story Approval Team that subjects submitted stories to an editing process -- something that can also be an adjustment for some folks.  Stories are reviewed both for grammar/spelling, and also for how they fit into the world's guidelines. (Which are very similar to general ElfQuest guidelines, but in some cases refined for our particular group.)

All of this means that if you haven't experienced a group like RTH before... you might be better off joining as a Reader Member, and getting a feel for it, before taking the plunge of adopting a character (and being subjected to participation requirements and so on).  Reader Members essentially are like "lurkers with benefits", get a bit more access to our forums, and they are allowed to make creative contributions (for any current character or ancestor; with the usual approval process).   So it can be a way to test whether you like the way the group operates, without pressure.  Also, RMs get first crack when characters become adoptable (which is unpredictable). 

So, for example, if you think you prefer to play a male character, you might join as an RM; do some reading; make submissions for some of the existing male characters; and if/when a male becomes available for adoption, you'd be in a very good position to apply.  On the other hand, you could find that the way the group operates doesn't work for you -- which is fine!  we know it isn't going to work for everyone -- in which case, you won't have had the frustration of dealing with the pressure that comes with owning a character.

Long story short: if you're unsure, I'd suggest Reader Membership for a bit, to explore further. :)

Peacekeeper

• Treewee
  • Steve Thomas
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:20 PM »

Thank you for your input Eregyrn.  I can see RTH is not the holt for me.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »

No problem!  I don't know what their status is at the moment, with taking new players, but you might check out Oakleaf Holt, which I think is more of an RP style group.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

03/03/14: Congratulations to Ally, who has adopted Chicory!  Remaining adoptables (at the moment) listed below.

04/04/14: new character available for adoption, Thornbow!

07/06/14: congrats to Mira, who adopted Beetle!

11/13/14: congrats to Ingrid, who adopted Dreamflight!  And to Angie, who adopted Thornbow! 

Honey

Aged 315.  The sister of Thornbow; mother of Dreamflight (see above) and Recognized of Greenweave, from whom she is somewhat estranged; Honey spent 30 years in wrapstuff, awaiting the time when the tribe would have a healer who could cure her fatal pneumonia.   When she was wrapped, she had an apparently-happy family life with Greenweave and Dreamflight.  When she came out of wrapstuf, she found that Greenweave had gone back to his previous lover, Cloudfern, and that her daughter was a bit of a mess over the dissolution of her family.  Previously someone who concentrated on fishing, Honey decided to remake herself as a hunter, finding that she would be happiest when she kept herself active and within the wolfsong and the Now.  She is sweet of nature, and can be generous and kind, but she is so prone to strong feelings and romantic ideals that she can become mercurial and subtly manipulative when trying to make things come out the way she wants.  Honey's more grounded and centered these days although she can still be prone to social anxiety.

Her full Information Sheet can be seen
here,
including all stories and art related to the character.

If this of these character interests you, visit our
Joining page for
more details on how to apply!

Finally, if the group appeals to you but the currently-available adoptables don't at the moment, there is always Reader Membership, which gives you more access to the group and puts you on a list for alerts when characters become adoptable in the future.  See our Joining page for more info.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:55:25 AM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »

7/10: and, Beetle's been adopted! Congrats, Mira!

11/13: now Dreamflight (congrats Ingrid) and Thornbow (congrats Angie) have been adopted!

Adoptables above have been updated.   :)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:56:23 AM by Eregyrn »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up