Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: River Twine Holt  (Read 79252 times)

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
River Twine Holt
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »

with Foxeye's permission, I'm going to post a little about our club!

River Twine Holt is an active, old-fashioned "'zine" club, where folks participate through the creation of stories and artwork rather than through RP.  The Holt is a traditional wolfriding tribe, and our world-building focus has been on building a rich, "realistic" world for our tribe to inhabit. 

Membership in River Twine comes in two varieties: Player Members adopt one of the existing wolfriders of our tribe (no new "wanderer" characters are known to exist in our club's continuity), gain full access to the club including messageboards, polls and events, and are expected to participate through the creation of stories, poetry, artwork, and other projects to fulfill a quarterly participation requirement. Reader Members enjoy expanded access to our messageboards and the ability to comment on art and fiction, but do not control a persona, and are only required to leave one comment per quarter. While guests may not comment on art and fiction and have only partial MB access, they are welcome to enjoy our artwork and fiction, and even to submit their own.

Holt map by Holly Hutchison
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:13:19 AM by Farscout »
email me at farscout@rivertwine.com

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Re: River Twine Holt
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »

If I had time for a holt, Nightstorm sounds like the ideal elf-character for me to adopt. Artistic, moody, attention-hungry, jack of all trades with a tendency to shoot her opinionated mouth off...yup. :P  Sounds like someone I know.

Unfortunately it's that very personality that makes me leery of joining holts. I hate to jump on board to something I can't commit to. I used to run a holt (before the internet), and it always frustrated me that so many members didn't contribute. I'd hate to *be* one of the people that I was frustrated by. :/

Anyhoo, you guys have a great thing going. I'm always impressed by how active you are....whenever I search on Deviantart for elfquest, there's usually something from your holt. ^_^

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »

Thanks for your kind words!  I'm in awe of my fellow River Twine members -- there are just some great, fantastic, wildly imaginative people involved, who make the club a lot of fun to play in!

And hey -- we recently created our "Reader Member" membership category for folks who enjoyed the club, but who didn't want the headache of our quarterly annual character support requirements.  For the price of one measly comment on fic or art each quarter, Reader Members can get involved, join in the discussions, join in the regular art & fic trades, etc.  I think it's a nice way to really check things out and taste-test the group, without having to risk getting in over your head. ;)

(Although -- let me also say that our "Player Member" requirements to own and operate a character are just one piece of art or one fic of 500 words or more every three-month quarter of the year.  That's pretty doable for most of us, most of the time, especially if you get involved in our regular Art Trades or Fic Trades.)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »

FWIW, Foxeye -- one of the reasons RTH is structured the way it is, I think, is because it puts less pressure on folks for participation.  Our minimums are designed to (hopefully) be manageable for folks who can't commit to the usual daily or weekly demands of an RP-type club. 

(Our "one piece of art per quarter" thing counts pieces of any degree of complexity from a sketch to something fully finished.)

Naturally, the more involved someone is, the more prominent their character tends to be.  But even a character just being owned, with a minimally-involved owner, can just result in more other members thinking to use the character, which is a nice feedback loop.

Farscout

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • River Twine Holt
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »

Our adoptibles list has changed again. :) 

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »

List of adoptables as of 9/12/09:

(see below)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:37:07 AM by Eregyrn »

Icemoon

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 02:38:13 AM »

*sigh*
WHY am I NOT 15 ???
dreams, moon, night, snow, ice, colors ...

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 08:28:06 AM »

There, there.   You will be, soon. :)

Icemoon

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 09:23:21 AM »

LOL !
that's true ! i'll wait patiently to my birthday :)

Elftanner

• Zwoot
  • https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTann
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

God I wish I could get a map like that made for Danen. Pheonyx was going to make me one but I haven't heard from her in so long. I hope she's ok.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 07:56:18 AM »

Once again, RiverTwine has done a calendar for the group for 2010!  It can be found here:

http://www.rivertwine.com/RTH_2010_Calendar.php

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »

Just as a general note: characters may become adoptable again if their owners leave the group.  But also, next summer, we will have some new child characters becoming available (the group will be doing a time-jump next summer, which will bring several of our now-being-born kids up to adoptable age).

If you are ever interested in the possibility of adopting in the future at RTH, but no available character appeals to you, you might consider joining as a Reader Member.  RMs get more access to the site and messageboard, and whenever a character becomes adoptable, they are given first crack at them.  (The only requirement for being an RM is to leave 1 comment on a story or piece of art per quarter, so we can keep track of who's still around.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:06:21 AM by Eregyrn »

Icemoon

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »

ooh interesting ...
Next Summer, eh ?
:D

I'll be 15 in July !
*dance*
how do we join as Reader Member ?

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »

If you are interested in the group, consider joining as a Reader Member!  Click here for more information.  RMs have increased access to our messageboard, and lighter requirements than character-owners (just leaving 1 or more comments on our website stories or art each quarter, so that we know that people on our RM rolls are still interested).  RMs are notified first of adoptables that become available, and get a week to consider them before they are made available to the public.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:06:33 AM by Eregyrn »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »

12/30/10:

RTH has unveiled the art for its 2011 calendar.  If you're interested in seeing it, it's been posted here.  We'll be having a page put up soon that will offer downloads of printable copies, or desktop wallpaper versions of various sizes.

ETA: The webpage with downloadable versions has now been posted.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:44:50 PM by Eregyrn »

Razzle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »

Ooh! Now I've taken an instant liking to this elf. :) Quiet, yet a troublemaker... >:P

You said, you only need to do one piece of at or 500+word story every three months? That seems very little... Is there an upward limit, and *gulp* is there any sort of "quality standard" for the art? *blush*

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »

Ooh! Now I've taken an instant liking to this elf. :) Quiet, yet a troublemaker... >:P

You said, you only need to do one piece of at or 500+word story every three months? That seems very little... Is there an upward limit, and *gulp* is there any sort of "quality standard" for the art? *blush*

I think that from what you've been posting here that your work would fit in just fine. :)  And I think that the best way for one's art to improve is by doing a lot, steadily -- and for me, at least, belonging to a group like this is a real motivation to produce art steadily.  We have a lot of organized trades and contests to give people ideas to keep them going, if they want to sign up. 

Yes, our minimum requirements are one piece of art, or one 500+ word story per 3-month quarter.  There isn't really an upper limit, though.  We're happy for people to write and submit as much art as they want, and we always hope that people will be active above the minimum.  We *do* expect people who own characters to be responsive to others, though -- to answer questions, have discussions, or give approval to others for art or stories -- on a fairly timely basis.  It's not as time-intensive as RPG groups that ask members to post very regularly (daily or weekly?), but I would describe it as *sometimes* requiring daily or weekly responses.  On a sporadic basis.

That's something else to be clear on: we're not structured like an RP group.  Our shared storylines only develop through people writing stories, which go through a review process, or doing art. So it's a lot more "work at your own pace".  Just want to emphasize that, because we've had folks join and then say, "so where's the RP?"

Razzle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »

Yup, that's actually a lot of what's drawing me to RTH in the first place. I used to participate in EQ RPGs a lot, as a teenager (wow, like 10 years ago...???) But eventually had to drop out. I'm pretty active as a fan-ficcer, and becoming active as a fan-artist again (due to this site in LARGE part, having somewhere to show my art!). I don't think I could handle coming up with RPG-posts once a week to ten times a day, but replying to message board posts, e-mails, etc, don't really require that kind of artistic touch. =P

I've been looking over the site since my last post, and I think I'm gonna go for this Holt! :D (Even if I *don't* get Chicory....awww.....!)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »

Go for it! :) Follow the links on our Joining page to the sort of "interview questions", as it were, and send in an app. :)  Some of our council is away at the moment, so we may take a bit longer to go over an app than usual, but we'll try to keep you apprised of things.

Saree

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

Ooh! Now I've taken an instant liking to this elf. Smiley Quiet, yet a troublemaker... >Tongue

Yeeeesss, go for her!!! :D
I play her mate Rainpace and I would be really happy if she finally finds an active member who tries to develop her. She has lot`s of potential.
For example, the whole lovemating issue with Rainpace is not settled at all... there`s enough space to bring in own ideas and developments.
The owner of Glow is fun to play with, as well... so, you see, only nice people there.  ;)

Well, have a look at her CIS... if any questions occur, just ask.  :) 

Razzle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »

Yay!! I sent in my application! **(nervousness)**

A bit of a wait is all right! =) Just hope my app doesn't flop. =P

Saree

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »

Wohooooo    ;D

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 02:10:38 AM »

I am oh-so-tempted, but I know I wouldn't have the time necessary to get fully into the play - I hope you find a new player for him soon, though. Sound like the poor lad needs a little (a lot) love. :-*

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »

Understandable, Icebird. :)  I know that feeling of not having enough time for everything that catches one's interest.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:13:48 AM by Eregyrn »

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 08:18:11 PM »

Eyegyrn, on the RTH site at the top of Evervale's bio it says she is a Non-Adoptable NPC so I was wondering if it just hasn't been updated or whats going on?
If you haven't guessed she interests me. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up