Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Destinys Non-EQ Art  (Read 412064 times)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Destinys Non-EQ Art
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »

By all means, borrow Cone whenever you'd like!  :D

I love the interactions and dynamics. Shadowtree's movements are so fluid, she really looks as if she is enjoying herself to the full. And taken Beyond's hat too, it looks great on her. While Beyond looks as if he is going to dance with Shadowtree. And Cone, haha. She looks like she is contemplating if she wants to join or not, her foot slightly forward but a little reluctant. What I like is that she doesn't look directly disapproving, just a little... guarded so to speak. At least to me. :)

And really, you didn't do a bad job at all.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »

For Cone I was a little uneasy about drawing her, I didn't know if she would relax and let loose for the birth of a child or not, so I drew her kind of on the fence about it. But I'm glad you like it!
My complaint is the arms, they were continuously too short and it was bothering me!
This was one of many unhappy drawings where I drew the whole body sketch before actually drawing in the details. Though it helped on understanding where they should be standing, I always seem to end up shrinking their heads too much.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

Well, it depends. I subscribe to the headcanon that the Wolfriders don't like strangers, especially not in the earlier years. Comes from the wolfblood, where instinct drives stranger wolves. Territorial.

Cone met Uli on what was supposed to be a very short lone hunt. She was very guarded, and did bristtle a bit of the plantshaper calling her wolfling and such, more because it gave imprssions of the most wolf like than actually offended.

The strangers on the other hand seem to notice that something is off, and that she is a little gloomy, but rarely push her. Then she met Beyond, who has the rare privelige of seeing her happy. (she was drunk on the apples Uli eats.) He gets away with more pushy and asking her to smile because he amuses her. (she doesn't admit it.)

Despite being guarded, she doesn't really have anything on the strangers she met, so they don't feel her sharp tongue as often. They usually think she is too serious and should smile more often.

Again, Beyond is the exception. When he does a joke he goes "I know you're laughing."

"No, I'm not."

*looks at her*

*tries to stiffle a smile*

Another thing is that these strangers seemingly acts with ease around her. After two-three years butting heads with most of her tribe and spreading sour moods, it comes as a welcome suprise. So she also tries to hold her tongue.

As for dancing, she won't join unless dragged into it. ;)

Hope it made sense and clears things up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:55:54 PM by Startear »
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »

I had this idea of a party line of all the fan characters for the community here. But I ended up drawing too big and barely got even three into the picture.

Sorry about stealing then fudging up the characters, Nilla and Startear, I'll do better next time, I swear!

This was drawn on big paper so unfortunately everything got chopped cause of my horrible scanner.

Celebrating (Sort of) the birth of Nasya, Shadow's baby sister.... Who officially belongs to my best friend/almost sister who is actually older than me...

Oh Beyond~
Might want to say good-bye to your hat.... Nasya learns much from her sister.

Shadow's party outfit.... She seems to acquire quite the costume change after Nasya's birth.

Daaaaaaaw! XD This is fantastic. I adoooore your art-style here.
Looking at this made me realize Cone's body language and her facial expression would grab Beyond's attention instantly. Especially considering a baby elf has just arrived. (He can kinda hone in on people who are very unhappy or just don't allow themselves to be happy.)

Oh Beyond~
Might want to say good-bye to your hat.... Nasya learns much from her sister.   
*Beyond says bye-bye to his hat, exclaims he ought to make hats for everybody and then turns around and drags Cone into a dance.*
(kicks herself of sofa and finds her sketch books.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:54:50 PM by nilla »

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »

Yes! More images of the three dancing!

Beyond would this make you happy?

I think those three would have waaaaaay too much fun.

I think I feel the fourth wall breaking down again... this time, its a written story....
Nilla, Startear, would ya mind if I borrowed them to write the dance scene out? ;)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:36 AM »

Daaaaaaaaaw! That's so freaking adorable!!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »

Goodness, Naysha is cute! :D

I wouldn't mind.  ;D

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2012, 03:10:56 AM »

Since I am such a nerd.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »

:shocker wow! That looks fantastic! I'm always surprised when I see something  drawn with charcoal. I love her eyes!

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »

Thank you!
I left her eyes towards the end and I found that they were the hardest part of the whole picture. Almost two hours by themselves.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »

Trying to start drawing different things other than elves.
Thus far plan is working, I'm even drawing more than one person in the picture!

More Doctor Who Fan Art...
If I were a companion.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »

I must admit that I do not know Dr. Who, in other than the most general sense. A doctor who is a timelord. He despises this self. He was in love. Time travels through a blue telephone box.

And I disagree with his analogy that time is a wibly wobly thing. That is sanity.

But still, I really like the image. They look so happy, it makes me smile.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »

But they seem so genuinely happy about the time-travelling that I'd like to join. Drawing more than one person is rather challenging, I think, but good practice!
And I looove that charcoal drawing. There's a beautiful realism to it and yet it is so soft.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »

Thank you Treefox, I'm glad it looks more realistic, I rarely do full face charcoal so this was a real challenge, I can only hope to get more practice in, I've got many years ahead, so I'm grateful for that.

I would like for people to know,
my request bin is open over on DeviantArtif anyone wants to swing by and request anything I'd be more than happy to produce some works. You can request either pencil work, pen work, or colored work.
Here is where you can find all the information:
http://kumi4eva.deviantart.com/journal/Request-Bin-305815716

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »

Request from Startear  ;)

Shadowtree after her hunt, please ignore the rocks... :

Wolf's Fern for nilla :

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:33:17 PM by DestinysGift »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »

I love the drawing of Filhe!  :love (Yes, that is what I've dubbed her in my mind.) The pose is awesome, she is really Go-Back looking in that pose. I can even hear her say "here kitty, kitty! " in my minds ear. To a troll. Or maybe very very excited about finally being your official turn. Her clothes and appearance is just so spot on, can't help but loving it!

I want to congratulate you on managing to keep the eyes, mouth and knife on Shadowtree white. I have tried such images myself, and it has never worked. And really, the rocks look fine.

Last but not least, Wolf's Fern looks great!

Do you plan to upload these in the gallery? Technically, they are all ElfQuest... :hippie

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »

*DIES OF HAPPINESS* Fantastic! I looove the way you draw hair.
Forgot to mention, (actually I forgot to mention a lot of stuff, was so happy to see Wolf's Fern Done by you.) I love the wolfhead chain.  They look so much more elegant and pretty then I could ever get them to look.  The expression is perfect.
Also, the pose! I envy your ability to give characters a normal, relaxed pose.

I think I have Beyond way to much on my mind, because the Shadowtree one actually made me think of him when he's gone over the 'CHAOS! Everything human must fall in chaos! KHAHAHAHA!'-edge .(Was the wild, short semi curly hair and the smile...)
Anyway, I really like it. I love the dark and wild feel it has to it.

As I said on DA in regards to the Go-Back:. Her expression and her pose with the knife makes me think she's hunting for a cowering troll. And you did a fantastic job on her.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

I love the drawing of Filhe!  :love (Yes, that is what I've dubbed her in my mind.) The pose is awesome, she is really Go-Back looking in that pose. I can even hear her say "here kitty, kitty! " in my minds ear. To a troll. Or maybe very very excited about finally being your official turn. Her clothes and appearance is just so spot on, can't help but loving it!

I want to congratulate you on managing to keep the eyes, mouth and knife on Shadowtree white. I have tried such images myself, and it has never worked. And really, the rocks look fine.

Last but not least, Wolf's Fern looks great!

Do you plan to upload these in the gallery? Technically, they are all ElfQuest... :hippie

Okay there is a lot to reply to:
    • I am so glad you love it, and that is a fantastic name! The thought of her saying that to a troll, its like when the trolls attacked the go-back den while the adults were out to war, her true go-back nature comes out!
    • Thanks for the congrats, it was really hard, I had to go painstakingly slow in case I messed everything up. It was quite the challenge
    • Thank you! I'm probably going to redraw her sometime soon.
    • I'll most likely upload them, all of the ones I have will hit the max for the day, but I have a preserver my uncle reuested that I'd like to upload. That might wait until its colored though.

*DIES OF HAPPINESS* Fantastic! I looove the way you draw hair.
Forgot to mention, (actually I forgot to mention a lot of stuff, was so happy to see Wolf's Fern Done by you.) I love the wolfhead chain.  They look so much more elegant and pretty then I could ever get them to look.  The expression is perfect.
Also, the pose! I envy your ability to give characters a normal, relaxed pose.

I think I have Beyond way to much on my mind, because the Shadowtree one actually made me think of him when he's gone over the 'CHAOS! Everything human must fall in chaos! KHAHAHAHA!'-edge .(Was the wild, short semi curly hair and the smile...)
Anyway, I really like it. I love the dark and wild feel it has to it.

As I said on DA in regards to the Go-Back:. Her expression and her pose with the knife makes me think she's hunting for a cowering troll. And you did a fantastic job on her.

MOAR LISTS!
    • Thank you, I guess? I duno, I draw a lot of things using me or my family as examples, my hair is very wispy and ultra thick so I draw hair fluffy and flyaway.
    • But I like how you draw jewelry much better, it looks .... almost 3d? Like it seems how real jewelry would look in a picture.
    • I definitely had Bearclaw on my mind when draw express and pose. It just seems natural for her to act in some way like him.
    • ... NO. NO MORE IDEAS. Oh puckernuts, now I have an image of her, Beyond, and Cone after a hunt. (Much like strongbow's remembering when they were in blue mountain.
    • Thank you, the feel was exactly what I was going for, especially on the slightly crazed side. Glad I hit the mark.
    • Thank you once again, I think her face and expression is something I've been the most happiest with in my drawings thus far.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »

Another one for Startear that I also need to redo in the future.
I missed a pen line for his leg... Now that is going to bother me.  >:(

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »

:jam Didn't see this lovely chap. He looks great! I love the expression on his face, so happy. He looks like he is talking to someone as well. You made him look slightly older than what he does in New Blood, and I approve! I like the wolf, seems rather like a cub, and fuzzy. And wonders why Bowki isn't paying more attention to her/him. XD

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2012, 12:23:35 AM »

UUuuuh so yeah, working on costumes again, just got the fabric the other day sooo...
Finished with chest feathers! next.... maybe arm cuffs?

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »

Charcoal thingy I have no name for.

Haven't had internet for a few days so if I haven't replied on my works or anything, now you know why. I might not be on as much too, I'm planning events and getting ready for college, gotta look for an apartment soon  :gaah
And now its colored. This kind of triggered an idea for a comic that I'm hoping to make. I have the back story but now I just need the plot line.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:57:43 PM by DestinysGift »

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2012, 11:49:22 PM »

I'm not completely dead! (in body that is, I've been writing so my brain might not be so okay....)

Using Alexander Rybak as a reference:

I now have no more paper. I gotta find some more.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »

Very nice additions! I love the feather decoration - will we be seeing an Ember cosplay soon?  :D I like the last portrait. His looks a little boyish but together with that mischievous look in his eyes he appears as the perfect little devil in angel's clothing ;D

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2012, 01:14:30 PM »

Very nice additions! I love the feather decoration - will we be seeing an Ember cosplay soon?  :D I like the last portrait. His looks a little boyish but together with that mischievous look in his eyes he appears as the perfect little devil in angel's clothing ;D

I've only got accessories for Ember so far but I will post what I've done with Tyleet who is almost half way finished.
And thanks, haha, he reminds me of a character in a book I've been writing, the character is a faerie  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up