Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "EQ-drawing -party"...  (Read 38373 times)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: "EQ-drawing -party"...
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »

A background does help with getting stared I think, but I wouldn't go as far as to plan who draws who. I would want to draw my own chars, see.
But it would be a good idea to determine where the light source is at, so we could get our shading in sync.

The way Mirror suggested is the only way I've participated before; one person starts, draws in their char and sends it to the next person. That way you don't plan ahead who gets in what place, you just pick one that is available for you / or you could get your char to interact with one that is already in the picture, just what sparks your inspiration at that point. :)
Depends on how much of organization Maggie wants to have I think.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »

I like the idea of just starting with a character/object and then passing the work on to the next person who adds whatever they would like to add.

I personally think it would be nice if you could have the freedom to draw what you would like because we all have different strengths.

Plus, no direction will probably equal more fun. I don't want to know what's going on, I want to be able to marvel at whatever silliness or beauty or total dysfunction comes from us all working together to make something we have almost no idea about.

Well unless you are one of the last people to work on the piece, then you may have a better idea what is going on.

I am of course open to everyone’s suggestions but for me, I think we should just start drawing and see what happens.  ;D

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:10 AM »

Are you suggesting we also keep open who wants to color parts and who likes to add some background?

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »

Sure, I'm pretty much saying anything goes. Whatever you want to add is fine, or if it is colouring you prefer go ahead, add a tree or a lake, just so long as we are keeping it EQ style. No cars or UFOs, giant man eating taco's things like that would be a no no.  ;D

This is the first time we would be doing this, we can always add some rules for the next time if we all find it needs more organization. This time around would be a test of sorts I guess you could say.

As I mentioned though I want your opinion's if you all want some rules we can discuss and set those up, I just think it would be a lot more fun to wing it the first time around.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »

I agree, sounds like fun. :)

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »

Yes this sound like a fun thing to do.  I like what Maggie said OPEN Is Random.  Random=unexpected crazyness.   Beautiful I would say:)  Make iT more unique.
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »

Sounds good! I would be glad if I could draw something for the background or colour something, if it's okay to wish!  ;D My participation has to wait for ten days though, because I have a graduation project to finish. But after that, I'm in!

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 08:21:56 AM »

Yes, I am still in too! I don't have a time-frame eheh.

Should we stick to personal characters or canon characters? I'm thinking we should go with personal?

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »

@Evafortuna – If it’s part of or based on the EQ universe then it’s probably a go.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »

Ok, how about this, why don’t you all post here if you are still interested in participating (so I know), along with when would be the best time for you to work on your part of the drawing.

I also want to hear from you about the rules, I gave my opinion but I would like to know what you think.  ;D

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

I still would like to give it a go.  Rules well only EQ stuff the world of two moons after the palace was but back together.  Your own elf not Wendy's.  You can put anything in the pic that has to do with that.  Randomness is fun.  If you get it and you want to do some background or animal or silly fling Bugs with wings...lol that is cool.  That what i think.  But is it going to be snail mailed?. .emailed?  Who is going to start it? " NOT IT" rock papper sicors?  I can work on it at night I some time stay up late.  WA Pacific time zone here.
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »

I'm in! I have time from next week to the middle of March. As for rules, anything goes for me, be it canon or not. I will be working digitally.

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

I'm totally in for this! I like the idea of personal eq-world characters and also randomosity ehehe. :D As far as time goes, I'm up for whenever we decide to go for it. However I'm more worried about how long it takes for each of us to get done.

I'm a pretty slow artist so I wouldn't want to hold anyone up by taking too long to get finished.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

Hmm, not as many people want to participate as I thought. Oh well, should we just start and see what happens. I think in the end some bugs will need to be worked out for the next time anyway.

Dreamcat

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »

I´m in! ö.ö

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »

Me too. :)
Why don't we just start with the ones we have?

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

I'm in too!  Sorry! 

I think that for me, any time between next week and early June will be fine for me.  There will be a period of time in June when I'm completely unavailable.  But I'm also pretty fast and ought to be able to turn my part around in a couple of days.

I need to look over the thread again and figure out if there's anything else you need a response on.  I've participated in one of these things before, and then participated in and ran another, so I have some ideas about ways to do it, but I'm really open to different ideas, because we just sort of figured it out as we went along.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »

Ok, we'll start with who we have and go from there.

Does anyone want to "start" the drawing? Going first could be good and it could be bad, anyone interested?  ;D

Rosalie

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »

Is this still happening? I'd love to join, it's a great idea and I really need a 'push' to start drawing again.  This would be perfect :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up