Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "EQ-drawing -party"...  (Read 38371 times)

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
"EQ-drawing -party"...
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »

...or whatever we should call it  ;D

Some of us have been discussing the idea of having an online EQ-drawing-get-together. The general idea would be something like this: all who are interested sign up on a list here on the forums. On a certain date, every single member sends a sketch of something EQ- related to the next member on the list (the last one sends to the first on the list) - who contributes to the drawing in their own way. And so on, until all drawings have done a full circle.

Then we go ahead and post them here, to the marvel and delight of all EQ-fandom ;D

Since I know a lot of us  (*cough* like me* cough*) are still busy with the final calendar entries, it'll probably be some time before we get around to eventually organizing it. But, in the mean time -

does this sound interesting to you guys? Any ideas or thoughts?

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: "EQ-drawing -party"...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:46 AM »

Participants (so far) :

1) Mirror
2) Treefox
3) Wildfire
4) Afke
5) Silentleaf
6) Branchscamper
7) Czarine
8 ) Tevokkia
9) Maggie
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:08:07 AM by Mirror »

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:19:09 AM »

I like this idea! A lot! I'd definitely join. I am/was also still busy with the calendar, but once that is done, I'd like to join this. I hope that Berit will also join, as we wanted to draw something together anyway.
Also, this might help to prevent me from stopping to draw for another two or three years like last time...
Even though, I must add, that my work schedule for this year is frightening and will include lots of business trips. So in the worst case, I'd like to keep the option of dropping out of this again.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 04:35:45 AM »

Ooooh, that sounds very interesting. Would the drawing have a common theme? And how exactly are we supposed to "contribute" to the pre-existing sketch?

But I'm in :)

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »

I must admit I don't have the "rules" clearly figured out yet. I've only done stuff like this in RL with my friends, and then we just followed our imagination. For instance, I start drawing a certain character, person #2 continues working on the same char, person # 3 isn't so great with figure drawing, but adds a wicked background, person # 4 decides to add a 2nd character to interact with the first. And so on.  

And basically, the 2-3 last persons on the list try to finish it up as much as possible, so that the final result looks somewhat like a finished picture instead of a bunch of random sketches put together on a sheet.

The main point, is, of course, to have fun  ;)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »

Let's just say; I like it. "D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »

OO  I so want to do this. maybe after the 2014 calender is posted? i know I'm doing another entrie and some extras so busy busy. please lets do this! so fun!

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

Ahh, now I get it! That sounds very awesome! I'm definitely in :D

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »

This is an interesting idea!  I've done this with writing stories, but never with art.  I think I would like to try depending on when it was =D

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »

Colour me interested!  ;D

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 01:19:29 AM »

Yay! I'm glad so many people are interested! So, it seems we should wait until the 2014-caldendar is done -sometime in february, perhaps? How does that sound?

Keep in mind that we're doing this for the fun of it - you decide yourselves how much time and energy you'll put into each drawing - even five minutes of contribution is fine, if you find yourself short on time. The important thing is to keep the ball rolling :)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »

February is fine by me. Are we gonna draw something totally random, or do we have a theme of some sort?

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »

Sounds like fun, provided I'm not swamped with other stuff at the time!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

I do this with the kids I look after, I'll join in but I can't promise that I won't draw a UFO in the background...haha.

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »

I've updated the 2nd post - you'll find the list of participants there. If you decide you won't be able to participate, just let me know - and I'll remove your name.

However, with the site-changes, new administrators, etc - it might be a good idea to wait until the new site is up and running. Esp. since some of you have volunteered to be modarators, and might be quite busy in that period. Or what do you guys think?

In any way-  with the new deadlines for the calendar, looks like we have to wait until at least mid-february.
We also have to exchange e-mail-adresses , but I'll get back to that a week or so befor we actually get started - probably I'll send you all a PM.

@ Maggie. UFOs are more than welcome! ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »

Agreed and agreed! I think it's a good idea to postpone this a bit, until the new incarnation is up and running.
May I emphasize how cool I think it is that so many people are interested in this? :D

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 02:39:28 AM »

I agree that it's awesome we actually have a "real" list of people interested! Whenever is convenient for you guys to start. I'm moving in the next week, but mid-feb should be enough time for me to be settled enough to produce some art :) Who knows. Maybe it will convince me to finally experiment with my tablet lol

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 09:48:28 PM »

So hoW is the party going? This thing sounds cool.
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »

Oh, I absolutely digged this idea. I am afraid that it died, because many of the members interested in this just aren't active anymore.

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

Is this still happening? Are you looking for people? I am totally totally interested. :D

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 09:38:08 AM »

I'm still interested, but I think there should be someone who would be active (and willing) enough to organize this, if Mirror is too busy.

Ca-Twin

• AdultSwim
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:13:41 PM »

I would neat to do.  I would be willing...to play..ahmm draw on my computer.  Still not ues to it but it would get me motivated to do more EQ stuff.
Truelife, PC, Sweetwater holt

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

I can take over the organization if needed. Just let me know.  ;D

Evafortuna

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »

That's awesome Maggie!

So... should we decide what direction to go in with the group drawing or just wing it was we go along?

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:42 PM »

Maggie, you're so cool!

Hmmh, I don't know if there should be a fixed theme, but I would love it if it involved a lot of characters.  ;D

I once participated in a FFXII group fan art picture, where the organizer had drawn a huuuge beach, and everyone would reserve a character of the series. Then they'd draw a sketch of the character and inform where they want him/her/it be put, and then they'd draw the finished character. The organizer would then put the image together. Here's the result: http://fav.me/d49olcv

I don't know if we would pull something as big, but I kinda liked the idea of a background where you could plan your characters on.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up