Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete Elfquest (unused) Movie Script Online  (Read 25722 times)

silentleaf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Elfquest (unused) Movie Script Online
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

I JUST watched lion king! "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, BIG ones SMALL ones some as big as your head."

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

Did Rayek get a musical number? Scar had an AWESOME musical number. "I know that your powers of retention...are as thick as a warthogs back-side. But THICK as you are, PAY ATTENTION! My words are a matter of priiiiide."

I believe he did in fact have one in there.   He should be so lucky as to hope it would have been as AWESOME as Scar's!

(I don't want to give the impression of being anti-musical.  Far from it!  I really love a lot of the Disney animated musicals.  And my collection of Broadway musicals is extensive and gets listened to often, esp. when doing art.  But I tend to have a failure of imagination when it's only lyrics on a page, and I can't hear the music.  I can't hold it against WaRP for dreaming of having an EQ musical as wonderful as what Disney was putting out at that time.)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »

Yes, I have most of that soundtrack on instant recall in my brain. ^_^

I have most of that movie on instant recall in my brain.  ;)

I also have the urge to say that I don't hate musicals at all! I was such a huuuge Disney fan! And I still like lots of Disney and musicals.
It's just that I guess I never made that connection Elfquest.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

Okay, the second version is up!
Aaand I like it looots better than the first one. Rayek is still a way too flat character, but even our poor Rayek gets a little better treatment in the end.
I actually really like how they brought back Timmain and Winnowill to the story. I think it added depth and kept me more interested. The ending was sadder and more dramatic. Leetah was also still damsel-in-distress-ish, but less though and I loved that they brought a PG version of the firefly scene in.
The songs... well, they remain, though.
Actually the ending seemed in part a little bit like what we have seen of the Final Quest in it's trailer.
And man, Nighrunner dying was hard to swallow... that got to me even in storyboard form.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »

I liked Timmain being more unable to understand how her children clicked. Winnowill was very flat, but she has become so in canon too.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Embala

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »

A bit late to post about the  old 1994 storyboard, I know ;) Nevertheless:

There were (and will be) necessary changes to keep the story dense and and managable within a 90 / 120 minutes movie - I understand..
Some of the changes in this storyboard are okay, some are surprising, interesting or even good.
Others seem unnecessary, irritating, over-simplyfied ... and some are changing the whole story into an Alternate Universe.

For me it looks like there was a pilot for a kids program TV show planned - instead of bringing the Elves and their Quest on the big screen. Actually I decided to look at it as an AU story for a MUCH younger audience ... and only for them.

I like:
- The ART! Even in a comparably sketchy state it's a treat! I love to look at the drawings.
- The many "quotes", scenes that are included from the original story line. Fun to find them!
- The singing. Well ... it fits THIS kind of children movie, so I'm okay with it HERE.

I dislike:
- The Recognition. It has become some sort of "love at first sight", almost meaningless.
- The role of the Tribe (and Leetah). Waiting to be rescued by the ONE hero (and his sidekick).
The Wolfriders have become just background figures - instead of being the center of Cutter's concern, active members and important portagonists during the original storyline.
- The singing. Pleeeease ... NOT in the REAL movie we hope to get!
- Rayek. He is one of my favorite chars in EQ ... in this storyline he's sort of a caricature. PLAIN selfish, PLAIN evil, and partly ridiculous in it's exaggeration ... the typical "has-to-beaten-down-super-villian". Unlikable and not redeemable.

Now I'm curious for the variant storyboard. Hope to be able to look and read through it soon ...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »

Oh.

That was much better.

Characters might have still been a bit over-simplified, but the bits about mortality were lovely. The whole thing felt a lot less disney and a lot "messier", in the right way.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up