Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Nilla's nest  (Read 282806 times)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Nilla's nest
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »

Man, I love how insanely happy Beyond looks. It is like you took out a camera and snapped a photo of him just before he started laughing.
XD I love that idea!

. Have to say that in my eyes, Cone steals the show.
I totally agree on that. I actually thought about erasing Beyond and just having Cone there.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »

Two of the Timeless' High Ones, Maphara and Zharo arguing.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »

I've become massively sick. I don't dare say I might be getting better in a day or two. Can't wait to get better. I want to draw and write.

DestinysGift

« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »

Nooooooooooo!
*Mass scream across the world and back again*
So thats why you haven't been online...
Get better soon! I miss your art and writings!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

Nooooooooooo!
*Mass scream across the world and back again*
So thats why you haven't been online...
Get better soon! I miss your art and writings!
Awww. XD Thanks! I'll do my best.

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »

Urgh, I'm late to he party, ain't I?

Well, anyway, I do love the image. Maphara looks so angry. In the "get a fucking grip," way. You always come up with interesting looking clothes and jewelry. And hairdo's. What I like most though, is how you've drawn Zharo opposed to Maphara. Not sure if it is intentional, but the loose, less hard pencil lines on him seems to reflect how he is still damaged from the crash. Like he isn't quite here. Might be over reading, but still, it kinda looks like that.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

Not sure if it is intentional, but the loose, less hard pencil lines on him seems to reflect how he is still damaged from the crash. Like he isn't quite here. Might be over reading, but still, it kinda looks like that.
Nah, I left him looking lose because I didn't dare put a pen near after having drawn him up with a pencil. I thought I for once got him to look right. Main reason I hardly draw Zharo, I can never get him to look right.

Maphara looks so angry. In the "get a fucking grip,way."

That was what I was going for! XD

You always come up with interesting looking clothes and jewelry. And hairdo's.
I have to admit Maphara's design was a total was a total stab in the dark. I couldn't really think of anything else.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »

Kinda requested by Startear.
Hunter scale: 0-10.None hunter/Not skilled-very skilled.

1.Anyai: 4-5. Hunter of birds, badgers, rabbits. Archer. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
2.Arehe: 7-8. Hunts whatever he wants. Spear user. Stalks and attacks.
3.Ashlin :1. Has been known to pick up rocks and toss them at birds. Typically apologizes for slaying them. Collector of plants and mushrooms
4.Bearstalker: 9. Hunter of bears,deers, oxen. Anything big really. Has been known to drop down from trees and land on his prey's back.
5.Beyond: 6-7. Uses a sling mostly, is in possession of a crossbow. Hunts mainly small animals. Lizards, boars, birds, rabbits. Collects mushrooms.
6.Bright Frost: 6. Fisher. Uses nets. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
7.Buniq: 7. Archer. Hunt deer, caribou, also a spear fisher, collector of plants and mushrooms.
8.Ceedea: Around 7, although nobody would believe it, since absolutely nothing about Ceedea indicates any kind hunting ability. Nobody actually knows she hunts. Kills her prey by smashing their skull in with rocks or by slicing their throats with her metal knives. Mainly small animals, can take on boars. The brutality of her kills is the main reason for her hunts being a secret, as she feels it goes to show she can be equally as brutal as her grandfather, Marakka.
9.   Chenah: Hunts with metal spears. Takes on boars, stags, oxen, birds. Stalks and attacks.
10.Cobia:0. Gardener. Might have hacked up a snake or two in her work, but that's that. Collector of plants,bird eggs and mushrooms.
11.Dahka: 7. Hunts birds or all sizes (with Wrath) by catching them in mid flight with nets.
12.Danahree:5. Has managed to kill deers and bears by crushing them with trees. Collect bird eggs. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
13.Darkfall: 8. Hunts deer, caribou big horn sheep, oxen. Archer, spear user.
14.Darkfire : 8. Fisher,net-user and spear-user. Known to hunt raccoons, crayfish, beavers, caribou.
15.Darkleaf : 4-ish. Hunter of large porcupines, marmots, and Appplesnappers. Uses a sling to do so.
16.Draught : 7. Fisher. Net user.
17.Dream-Whisper: 3-ish. Knows how to catch birds with nets, and other small critters with traps. Not a avid hunter. Collector of plants, berries and mushrooms.
18.Ennits: 8. Anything. Uses her clawed hands and teeth when her head is in the shape of a wolf-like animal. Likes frogs. A lot.
19.Feverdust: 9. Throwing knives, crossbow. Hunts large porcupines,rabbits,hares, otters, deer, caribou, raccoons, lynxes.
20.Fire-Fern: 1. Has been known to snap the neck of small critters, like lemmings or mice, but; 'I prepare and cook food, I don't kill it. Now go get me something that isn't a damn stag.' Collector of plants, berries and mushrooms.
21.Frost-Feather: 6. Collects bird eggs. Hunts rabbits, hares, Applesnappers, weasels. Uses a sling.
22.Ice-Eye: 9.Spear user, knifes. Hunts rabbits, hares, Applesnappers,weasels, porcupines,caribou, big cats.
23.Khistal:5. Lizards. Used a sling.
24.Kieka : ?
25.Kyrer :7. Spear user. Deer, caribou, bears, boars, goats.
26.Little Sun:8-ish.Knife user. Hunts big horn sheep, oxen, mountain goats.
27.Maphara: 4. Small critters, rabbits, hares. Used rocks and sharpened bones.
28.Marakka: 8-9. Just about anything big. Has been known to use spears, knives but is known to be able break the necks of animals with his bare hands. Has been chase after his prey and jump on to their backs from trees or ledges.
29.Merheen: Unknown. Merheen claims he's never been a very good hunter of actual animals and let Chenah,Zharo and Arehe do it when they were still a small group of five, but at the same times he claims he was excellent at killing a specific type two legged of monstes when he was staying near Skyfire's band of Wolfriders.
30.Moth:7. Applesnappers, weasels, rabbits,foxes,big cats. Uses knives and a sling.
31.Padara: 7. Birds. Archer.
32.Pharoas : 8. Pretty much the same as Marakka. But uses knives,not his hands. Can also be found collecting plants,mushrooms and bird eggs.
33.Pyre: Archer. Will hunt anything.
34.Raven:?
35.Rea:. Can be coaxed into hunting small prey, but dislikes it immensely.
Res : -3. Worst hunter ever among the Timeless. Managed to catch the smallest fish ever seen by the Timeless as child, by nearly drowning himself. Arehe (who had to fish him up from the water) wanted to toss the fish back,but Res insisted on keeping it and convinced Arehe to keep it by kicking his shinbone.
37.   Shadow-Caster: 5-ish. Archer. Not much of an hunter, but will join up when a large group is going.
38.Shadow-Dancer:7. Bird hunter. Uses blow darts.
39.Shadow-Moon:?
40.Shasharn: ? Gardener.
41.Smokefeather: 7. Sling,archer and spear user. Will hunt anything.
42.Songbird: 0. Gardener
43.Stormcaller: 7. Caribou, geese. Archer.
44.Sun-Spear:8. Spear user, can blind his prey with his powers. Hunts bears, deer, big horn sheep, oxen, mountain goats.
45.Ta:7 Catches crayfish, beavers. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
46.Tairah : Boars. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
47.Tak :
48.Tananek: Mainly a hunter of big birds. Collector of plants and mushrooms.
49.Torch : 7. Caribou, Applesnappers,weasels,rabbits,foxes and big cats.
50.Trickery: 5. Hunts large porcupines,rabbits,hares. Archer.
51.Two-Soul:?
52.Uli :8-9. Spear user, archer. Hunts big horn sheep, oxen, mountain goats deer,bears, boars,big cats, caribou.
53.Vair 1: Gardener.
54.Vayka: 9. Trapper, Sling user, crossbow user.Foxes, small cats,boars,
55.Wolfclaw :?
56.Wolves Fern: ?
57.Wrath :7. Hunts birds or all sizes (with Dahka) by catching them in mid flight with nets.
58.Yawn-Sloth Sleeper: 7-8. Known to hunt caribou,boars, but is much fonder of fishing for salmon and freshwater eels.
59.Zarvee : 8. Throwing knives, crossbow. Known to hunt anything she sees.
60.Zehrus: 7. Archer. Caribou,boars, rabbits, big cats.
61.Zharo: 8-ish. Known to kill whatever prey he comes across. Known to use his powers to kill his prey by causing rock slides and such. Spear user.
62.Zihra:2. Small critters. Strongly dislikes killing.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:52 AM »

'Don't worry, he always gets like this when I take a new mate that doesn't have any interest in him, don't you Marakka?'
Augkhfdbz. Get out of my head. I can't draw or write that well at the moment.@_@
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:24:49 AM by nilla »

DestinysGift

« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »

For some reason I read Zihra's hunting thing as: Small kittens.
I got really sad then re-read it, oops.

And who is bugging your brain? ;)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »

For some reason I read Zihra's hunting thing as: Small kittens.
I got really sad then re-read it, oops.

And who is bugging your brain? ;)
That would be Arehe. XD

DestinysGift

« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »

That would be Arehe. XD
rjgvnrjgn
*fangirls*
now to write that story....

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

rjgvnrjgn
*fangirls*
now to write that story....
XD

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »

Playing around a little today and thought I'd finally try painting this. Just looking through your thread and realized that her shirt was supposed to be purple.  Well, the red works better against the background.  ::)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »

Playing around a little today and thought I'd finally try painting this. Just looking through your thread and realized that her shirt was supposed to be purple.  Well, the red works better against the background.  ::)

Heheheh, very nice work Jeb! It's always interesting to see what you come up with. XD Must say the red shirt is a bit of  surprise to see. but it works well with the background, as you said. =)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »

An Breaker of Grounds. An animal that can grow to absolute monstrous size.They live underground. Not much is know about them, besides the fact that when they become giant sized, they will go for another underground dwelling spices. The Shadowgrounds' trolls. The trolls and the Timeless typically band together in order to bring them down since the Timeless are rather fond of their troll neighbors.A Breaker of Grounds is incredibly hard to kill. The first one ever killed had 16 spears and 50+ arrows embedded in it's skull alone.

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »

It kinda reminds me of the badgermoles from the Avatar series. Bit like, if you crossed them with the tracker that June used, and you got it. Or maybe even the hork bajir from the Animorphs series. (Hork always makes me think about hairy creatures, even though I know they're amphibianesque.)

Anyway, your Breakers look rather friendly. Cute even. Which is sure to make them dangerous.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

It kinda reminds me of the badgermoles from the Avatar series. Bit like, if you crossed them with the tracker that June used, and you got it. Or maybe even the hork bajir from the Animorphs series. (Hork always makes me think about hairy creatures, even though I know they're amphibianesque.)

Anyway, your Breakers look rather friendly. Cute even. Which is sure to make them dangerous.
I did think of the badgermoles when I made it.  And tried to steer away from their look as best I could. XD Breakers are supposed to be big and none too elegant.  (for some reason, Badgermoles  kinda strike me as elegant)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

Trying to color in mp.
Maphara knows how to get the attention of a rockshaper. Wrapstuff them and back them up against a pillar.
Zharo is the rather wrathful High One of the Timless and the father of Beyond and Arehe to name a few.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

The Timeless, animal types:
Beyond: cat.
Arehe: Mountain goat.
Uli: red serpent.
Marakka: Really big black wolf/or a jackal.
Shadow-Dancer: Weka.
Smokefeather:Cassowary.
Zarvee: A Kea.
Dream-Whisper: Spider.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:59:34 PM by nilla »

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

'She is his personal ruin. The one who made him what he is now. Ice, rocks. Her choice ruined him. She hurt him beyond anything you can think off.'

(20-30 minute drawing, little cleaning done.)

Something made while chatting with DestinysGift over skype. I asked her to design a character my muses claim they couldn’t get feel on.

Then, BOOM, I write what’s going on from one of my characters pow, and suddenly they know how to tackle the woman here. DestinysGift’s version is this lady when she’s ‘well’. Mine is when she’s ‘far gone.’ Or dead, as she said. XD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:55:07 PM by nilla »

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »

‘Who eats frogs?’ ‘I DO!’
A 50 year-ish old Marakka playing with his little sister, Ennits. Their mother disappeared when Ennits was very young, leaving Marakka to raise his little sister. They’re playing ‘Who eats who.’ Blackneck, who is Ennits’ owner, once told me she thought frogs are utterly adorable. She ok’ed that trait be passed on to Ennits. Here Ennits is a little kid and his munching on a frog figure.

Made of stone.(Hides from Blackneck)

I excuse myself with the fact she’s a little child.
I kinda dipped in an old manga style, mainly because I find the round eyed look funny and useful at times. In this case I felt it would work for a child who’s having fun.

In this case, ‘Nomnomnomnomnom’ means  ’more frogs!’

The snake around Marakka’s hand is also a made of rock.

DestinysGift

« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

‘Who eats frogs?’ ‘I DO!’
A 50 year-ish old Marakka playing with his little sister, Ennits. Their mother disappeared when Ennits was very young, leaving Marakka to raise his little sister. They’re playing ‘Who eats who.’ Blackneck, who is Ennits’ owner, once told me she thought frogs are utterly adorable. She ok’ed that trait be passed on to Ennits. Here Ennits is a little kid and his munching on a frog figure.

Made of stone.(Hides from Blackneck)

I excuse myself with the fact she’s a little child.
I kinda dipped in an old manga style, mainly because I find the round eyed look funny and useful at times. In this case I felt it would work for a child who’s having fun.

In this case, ‘Nomnomnomnomnom’ means  ’more frogs!’

The snake around Marakka’s hand is also a made of rock.

I cannot tell you how adorable this is. Its just, Marakka. The best babysitter ever.
Ennits is so cute as a kid.
And MArakka.... He's so young its just....
*Flails like a fangirl*

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

I cannot tell you how adorable this is. Its just, Marakka. The best babysitter ever.
Ennits is so cute as a kid.
And MArakka.... He's so young its just....
*Flails like a fangirl*
Yeah. I think he's going to go back to those cloths. XD It just seems to make him...nicer.
And yes. Best babysitter ever. XD

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »

I think I'm going to add this guy to the member characters-thread.

Colored by Cometduster:

Name:Tananek, sometimes mispronounced Tanatek.

Birth-tribe: A unnamed tribe of elves that were either half goat or simply had altered their shape to look like it. He was born a very sickly child and his Timeless parent, Res stole him away a week after he was born, when it became clear the mother’s tribe would do nothing to save the child. Tananek grew up with the Timeless and has never shown any interest in his mothers tribe or spoken about her.
Parents: Res and an unnamed Satyr elf. The grandson of Arehe.

Age: Born in Freefoot’s time. 4227 years old when Blue Mountain fall.

Appearance: About a head taller then your typical Wolfrider. Leanish, well built. Has the Timeless insignia tattooed on his left shoulder.

Attire: In warm seasons he hardly wears anything.Prefers to be mostly bare chested. He likes to wear thin thread ropes as decorations. In colder seasons he wears ponchos. His furred legs keep the cold away nicely. His horns are often decorated with threads and small, colorful stones. His eyes are very bright lime green, hair is black. Has 3 silver rings around the end of his tail.

Role: Maker of arrows and spears. Hunter of birds, collector of plants and mushrooms. Often entertains or babysits the tribe’s children, who are often the ones to decorate his horns. Can often be found painting figures on walls and making decorations for other people or feasts.

Skills: Very good leaper, climber, excellent marksman with bow and arrow. Good at getting at hard to get plants.

Personality: Oddly quiet and shy for a Timeless. Known for being very patient and very good with children. Seems to be rather fearful of Wolfriders due to hearing  about their more wolfish ancestors and believes they’d try and eat him.

Background: Res at one point left the Shadowgrounds and went exploring and ended up with a case of amnesia after an accident. He some time later met a satyr elf and ended up Recognizing her. Little is known about their relationship, because Res refused to speak about it. All that is know, is the fact a Res, who was slowly getting his memories back, stole a very sick Tananek from his birthtribe and left the satyr-elves a week after his birth, and managed to get back to the Shadowgrounds and get his son healed.

Tananek was utterly accepted by the Timeless and his childhood was happy, secure and peaceful.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up