Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Nilla's nest  (Read 282641 times)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Nila's nest
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Nothing wrong with that, but yellow eyes is soo underestimated.
I've always thought it might be because yellow might somewhat 'out-of-bounds' for most people. I mean, there's what? Five canon characters with that eye colour? I went with it because it was the one that fit her. XD (That and her father also has yellow eyes.)

And her hairstyle is awesome, the leather wrappings are so cool! (And I totally didn't dare to doll 'em when I made one of her, ages upon ages ago.)

Aww. XD I still love it. I think the wrappings might be easier to make on bigger doll, I may say so.
Lastly, I like how she is rather small in the height, yet she can truly crack a well aimed punch in your ribs or any other vital place.

XD Then it's good I didn't change her height that much when I gave her minor redesign.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:27:37 PM by nilla »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »

This conversation makes me think of the movie "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie's describing the local bully:

"There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"

I think there is something disturbing about yellow eyes. It's not like "la, la, my elf's going to have lavendar eyes. And beautiful, long, flowing hair!" Yellow eyes mean business.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »

O,o I see your point. Yellow eyes, to me, have a primal feel to them.
(I just looked the guy on Deviantart and the only thing that really show up was yellow eyes.)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

‘Hello sister. How have you been all this time? What’s that? You’ve been holding up this arch? Oh dear, father shall be more cross with you then he already is. Becoming one of these living dead hiders and one of those who only exist to do a task? Hee hee hee, He’ll rip this place apart…’

Beyond on the left and his sister, Rea, on the left.

Rea left the left her birth tribe, The Timeless, because she firmly believed they would end up destroying themselves in a massive war they had with a group of humans, and fled to Blue Mountain.

At some point she followed the same rote as Brace and the two Doors and became Arch, who had to make sure a gigantic arch stayed in place.

After some thousand years her father, Zharo and her brother, Beyond (and two of his ‘students’) infiltrated Blue Mountain and kidnapped her back to their tribe.

Why? Zharo hates the Gliders, considers them to cowards due to hiding from the world, were Zharo (and the Timeless) live to fight it and beat it down and basically went ‘Fuuuck no’ when he figured out where Rea had gone of to.

Would you believe me if I said Beyond has actually never creeped me out til I made this?

It’s not even his expression that creeps me out, it’s how his hand is placed over Rea’s. Or more precisely, how his index finger is touching her hand. *Must colour and use as avi* 

I actually gave Rea a big redesign. It started out with it just being her cloths and the she ended up having much longer hair.
And feathers.
Oh gods, the feathers.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »

I LOVE his hat. I have a weakness for anything that reminds me of jesters.... Or bells...
Love love love it!
And yeah, he looks a bit spooky...  :-X

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2012, 04:53:53 AM »

I love jesters too.  ;D
I have a weakness for anything that reminds me of jesters
:lol Then it's a good thing I went with his normal cloths.  (For some reason he wanted to wear the other set of clothes he has.)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2012, 08:17:04 AM »

Tsssssss. Playing around with www.ragemaker.net

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:17:24 AM by nilla »

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2012, 07:10:10 PM »

I had that the other day, it almost made me cry since I was uploading something

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »

Awww!  :) Hopefully it's be back up soon.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »

Now were am I gonna get my references?  :'(

I hope its up VERY VERY VERY soon.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:34 PM »

I think Rea's feathery outfit is awesome. I especially like her headgear. So Glider-ish-

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2012, 04:29:02 AM »

Now were am I gonna get my references?  :'(

I hope its up VERY VERY VERY soon.
There's always google. And Tumblr. People tend to upload stuff, where ever they can. :)
Anything in particular you're looking for?

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Nila's n thing est
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:04 AM »

I think Rea's feathery outfit is awesome. I especially like her headgear. So Glider-ish-
I'm very happy to hear that!  ;D I thought I might have have gone over board with the feathers, but I couldn't really think of any else that would look right in that point of view.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »

Glider skin was oddly easy to colour, btw.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »

I've been practicing drawing cutter and I'm so close to perfecting young version of him (I have been set on learning to draw guys, so far its going good) but I'm glad I have my novels for young cutter references, I hope the site comes back up before I need older versions. I don't have many good ones with his older facefur.

(And glider skin looks so frail. How do the chosen go out in the sun without burning?)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »

(And glider skin looks so frail. How do the chosen go out in the sun without burning?)
Hmmm, I think the chosen's might have a more 'normal' skin colour, compared to the other mountain dwellers, since they are out side, possibly everyday. Tho, they're pretty much covered from head to toe. There's not much skin to burn. 

Embala

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Nilla's nest
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »

*snickers* Your rant comic made me grin, Nilla. Good to see that you can make fun even from "Scroll deprivation".

(Well ... in fact I could not see it for two days ... for me it disappeared shortly after you had uploaded it ... until I refreshed the page today. The later postes showd well, tho ...)

And ... I love to read the headline of the last panel  :)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »

I must say I think it's weird it didn't show up Embala. O_o it's shown up every time I  pulled up my thread.

on to something else:
Dahka with Zarvee sitting on him. I’m pretty happy with Dahka’s redesign.
Hardly cleaned because I wanted to take a breake from it.

These two are absolute hell to draw btw.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »

Pull my hair! No, seriously they look so like they really adore each other. Love how intertwined they are and the clothes are so detailed!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »

Pull my hair! No, seriously they look so like they really adore each other.
:lol They do.  Zarvee is actually one of my most man-happy elves I have, but she's fallen head over heels in love with Dahka. :lol (Originally I just threw Zarvee after Dahka because he was giving me so much trouble, I didn't think they'd fall for each other.)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen Zarvee so... calm before. I mean, when she shows up here to mess with Lilac, she looks to be very amused, but not as relaxed and at ease as she is here. Hell, they seem romantic. In a good way, of course.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen Zarvee so... calm before.
:lol  Neither have I. Her facial expression also gave me hell. I think I went through ten or so expression before I got this one, (Honestly the paper in that area was soooo worn out) and I honestly went 'Holy hell, she actually looks genuinely happy! Right, you're with Dahka from now on!'
I'm sure she's be her normal self whenever she's going to pester dear Lilac. ;D He has a special place in her heart. ;D

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »

Original drawing of Beyond’s house with stick figure-Beyond on the right as keeper of scale.

He likely has to tilt his head a bit to get in the door.

I donno.(I have never been good at scales) Beyond is half a head shorter then the High Ones, so his house is really large. It has 3 floors, ground, top and underground.

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »

I'd love a big house like that, though I wouldn't be much of a fan of just stone outside. Maybe Shadowtree should stop by sometime... Or maybe not... There'll be a lot of roses and dreamberry bushes outside, for looks only of course. But there'd also be random bear pelts hanging around for cold nights  ;D

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2012, 04:49:53 PM »

XD I think Beyond has decorated the inside of it to a ludicrous degree. The outside he just doesn't care about. XD
Random bear pelts actually do show up whenever a very drunk Uli ( tribe's treeshaper) happens to come across his home.XD
She wears a bear pelt when she off her rocker:http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=3299
My muse decide she wanted to do a mini comic and it takes place inside Beyond's house/hut/cave/dwelling. (What's the right word here?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up