Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Nilla's nest  (Read 281896 times)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Nila's nest
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

Wip of a drawing I'm working on.
From right to left: Darkfall (who I've had to revive since Sun-Spear is a half naked law fanatic jackass and the family needs at least ONE* sane member), Darkfire and Darkleaf.
(Yes, their mother totally has an fondness for the word 'dark'. )

*almost all of the member of the Fire-clan have some major issues:
Khistal (their mother): Healer who altered her kids blood to make them stronger, without asking.
Little Sun (Father): Wanted to kill or harm any of his too wolfish siblings in Timmorn's day.
Darkfire: Rather emotionless. People are scared when she smiles.
Sun-Spear: Half naked law fanatic jackass.
Darkleaf: Paranoid that leafs are stalking him. Also thinks Khistal either stole him from another tribe (the fact his cousin Res kidnapped his son from his mother's tribe doesn't help) or had him with mysterious 'blonde treeshaper'.

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 03:52:12 PM »

Do you mind me sharing something I was doing but discontinuing because quite frankly, it is stupid?

A couple pose. With Uli and Beyond. Your characters, while being interesting and I love the designs are hard to doll. At least I think so. so I wanted to doll both of them together, but soon after finishing the make up on Beyond, it occured to me that this is most likely out of character and stupid. So I stopped.  

base by bunnystick
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »

*Blinks a couple of times, rereads text twice, looks at dolls, looks to muse who's lying on floor due to fainting from happiness, looks back to dolls, rereads text again, counts to 10.*

Startear, if you stop I'm going to spam every account/mailbox of yours I can find til I get banned for it. :lol

But seriously, they look fantastic. Probable the best I've seen from you yet. :)
It's not out of character if Uli is drunk/high on dreamapples. She tends to be very forward/blunt/overly happy and very quick to let it be known if she wants to 'dance' with one of her furmates in her drunken persona. It usually IS Beyond she ends up with.
And he would be giving her that look.
Heck, her drunk persona smiles more then the true Uli persona does.

On a completely unrelated note, WHY DOES IT SAY I'M A FREAKING ZWOOT IN THE INFO BOX THINGIE? :lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:56:10 PM by nilla »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »

*Blinks a couple of times, rereads text twice, looks at dolls, looks to muse who's lying on floor due to fainting from happiness, looks back to dolls, rereads text again, counts to 10.*

Startear, if you stop I'm going to spam every account/mailbox of yours I can find til I get banned for it. :lol

But seriously, they look fantastic. Probable the best I've seen from you yet. :)
It's not out of character if Uli is drunk/high on dreamapples. She tends to be very forward/blunt/overly happy and very quick to let it be known if she wants to 'dance' with one of her furmates in her drunken persona. It usually IS Beyond she ends up with.
And he would be giving her that look.
Heck, her drunk persona smiles more then the true Uli persona does.

He would? I've kept thinking that the look is the most out of character thing in this.  :-[

But sure, if it pleases I'll continue... after that darn exam is over.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »

;D
She's likely the only person he act like that for.
She's as of yet the only person he's actually Recognized. He would rather not Recognized anybody besides her. He kinda wigs out at the notion of another knowing or getting too close to him like Uli does. (Seriously, Beyond will crawl to a corner sit there and hold his knees and have a minor mental meltdown if the notion or thought becomes too strong.'DO NOT WANT.')
Heck, they live together for the most part. And Beyond typically becomes the foster father for Uli's other kids.

He was jammering about not minding Recognizing Sleeper, but I think he confused immense gratitude with another emotion.

But sure, if it pleases I'll continue... after that darn exam is over.
Of course.;D take your time.

Oh goddamn it. Now they're being all romantic...*must draw Beyond/Uli stuff*

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »

Bored.
Here's an rather edited doll from one of the better Azaleas dollmakers.
Edited: Hands, most of the flowers have been messed with, the scar on her chest was also added by me.
Uli for some odd reason is very easy to doll.

I kinda got completely sidetracked with this when I added the flowers in her hair, because I suddenly got the notion they symbolize her lovers/Recognized mates/most constant men in her life.
White Flower: Arehe due to his icy and cold personality. They've been friends and occasional lovemates since Timmorn's time.
Lavender Flower: Bizarrely represents Marakka, her lifelong rival.
Purple Flower: Beyond, who she's Recognized twice, and is the foster father of one of her other children.
The one on the floor is meant to represent her long dead lifemate Feneak.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:52:03 AM by nilla »

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 12:00:41 PM »

I wandered into a lot of artwork of Homestuck (series Startear makes a lot of art for) trolls on DA. o_o Found a troll maker. And I made one.

Now I've drawn one. (I'm not really a fan of the series, the outstanding artworks of the true fans have made just inspired me to try my hand at at one.)
Can't really draw in real style, so I just went with what I'm used to.

Name is Atalus Sinnox.
I'm still kinda looking into the blood caste order stuff.

Reason for holding his hands like that? He doesn't like holding stuff/objects. (tho, I think he'd gladly lay hands on his frienemy, Illira Anpara.)

Gonna clean it laaaaaater...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:17:32 PM by nilla »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »

I think this hair is the best you've ever drawn. Seriously, it looks so right on a Homestuck character.

You know, your style really works well with Homestuck in general. I love your troll. He is so cute, and looks friendly. Especially the jacket. I want to steal it. And wear it.

One of the things I love about Homestuck is that the art varies so glubbing much in the comic, it leaves room for even novices like me to draw in whatever style we want. Another thing is how rich and complex the characters are without turning into ideals. But Hussie is kill happy though.  :-\

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »

I think this hair is the best you've ever drawn. Seriously, it looks so right on a Homestuck character.You know, your style really works well with Homestuck in general.

...I bizarrely had the same notion when I was about half way done with him. :lol And I usually wouldn't sy something like that.
I love your troll. He is so cute, and looks friendly. Especially the jacket. I want to steal it. And wear it.
XD Would your troll do that too?

:lol I'm still confounded b the fact I manged to create a rather normal character. Happy to hear he look both cute and friendly.

One of the things I love about Homestuck is that the art varies so glubbing much in the comic, it leaves room for even novices like me to draw in whatever style we want. Another thing is how rich and complex the characters are without turning into ideals. But Hussie is kill happy though.  :-\
I've been looking though that horrible Wiki the series has and I was surprised to see some damn fantastic screens. Most of the artwork in the series it self has always stuck me as about :score3 or lower.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

Yeah, that wiki is horrible. I only go there to check the names of some characters or cloth designs.

The art varies a lot. From chibi's to this...

*sobs at the last pic*

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 03:33:04 PM »

Now that is wonderful looking art.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

Hmmm...Startear, you know we talked about the whole title thingie along side the bloodcaste? What would 'Heir of Life' actually indicate/mean? The title kinda got me thinking of some kind of 'revival/resurrection' power. I know the...*Goes to the atrocious wiki *The Condesce?- had the ability to extend a troll's life. Would it be over the top to let him have a power that lets him resurrect himself? (Doubt he has any control over it. He get's killed, he resurrects at random and then precedes to annoy the hell out of the nearest troll or one of those kid persons near him without really trying.) He's still a bit (Lie:a lot) flaky on the bloodcaste thing. (He's bizarrely indifferent to the whole blood caste thingie.)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 02:29:56 AM »

*Drags herself away from Terraria*

Atalus with some color.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »

Those glasses are just soooo...stoned somehow. *goes to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas*

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »

D'oh, didn't see that you had colored his skin before now! Nice! Can't wait to see the finished result.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »

Those glasses are just soooo...stoned somehow. *goes to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas*
XD That's the notion I got too.

D'oh, didn't see that you had colored his skin before now! Nice! Can't wait to see the finished result.
I had a bit of trouble with how light/dark the grey should be. The glasses and horns

Now I'm just wondering how to write his introduction thingie... ??? I think he has one of those 4 thingies filled. (Is sleepy,can't remember)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

I once created a Preserver that made me write a damn short fic. Forgive  the errors, I'm not good at writing.
___
In a cage, spacious and grand, filled with flowers,small trees and a little lake sits a Preserver.
It hums and sings a tune so dark and mad it makes it's own kind happy it's in a cage.
Yipyap and Chatterbug fly by often and bring glowing flowers and pretty gems to brighten up the dark mind of the one who resides within a false world.

The Timeless all talk to it every day. Even the one who cannot stand the sight of the colorful beings.
They hardly ever get an answer from the one in the pretty prison. It hums and sings and speaks with words that hurt the mind of others.
They still visit it though.
Merheen hums along with it when he's near while Marakka tries to memorize every mean word in it's song.
Zharo asks what's worse; The World outside or the little fake world it's in now.
Darkfire has staring matches with it and remarks how similar it is to to her hellion son Beyond.
Beyond makes it giggle by telling it horrific stories.
Jarkaan makes it cheer as he grumbles about how he despises one of the Nine and puts curse upon curse on her name.
Dream-Whisper goes over what she should put in her next poison. Wolf's Bane or Man's Bane? Or both?

The other Preservers can't remember what it's real name is.
"Much Old-Much Angry-Thing" Applesnatcher calls it,miffed, while Chenah puts a small ball of bight metal into the cage. Two small, pale ice blue hands instantly size the ball and the flutter of wings can be heard.

The Timeless have several names for it.
'Bonegrabber' for it's hat made of small pieces of bone.
'Tatteredwing' for it's tattered looking white and dark blue wings.
'Madchild' for it's fondness of ripping the legs off bugs.
'Glow' for it's nearly luminous pale ice blue skin.
'Worse then Beyond' for being...well, for being worse then Beyond in one or two areas.

It sings and hums and waits for someone who doesn't bother to ask WHY it's in there and just smashes open the walls of it's world, thinking the Preserver is being mistreated.
They're sure to come. Riding on wolves and with Death in their blood.
Smash smash.
The Preserver in the false world smiles and puts a new piece of bone it's hat.
Smash smash.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:38 AM »

Haha, "Much-Old-Much-Angry-Thing". Sounds like a description of me!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 04:30:56 AM »

Lol. :D You come off friendly, if you ask me. ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 05:01:33 AM »

Well yeah, luckily I am still a friendly person in my private life. More a description of em at work. ;)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2011, 01:10:58 PM »

;D

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 05:24:22 PM »

Unfinshed. Startear's troll Teskje and my troll Atalus.
Based on the fact Startear said she wanted to steal Atalus' jacket.
Atalus somehow managed to steal Teskje's shirt while she has his jacket and a neckerchief on.
With his teeth.
Yes.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:36:33 PM by nilla »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »

Copying my post in comment, because I'm a little lazy. XD

God. That is... ah, that is so awesome. Their expressions! Atalus looks like a dog who has captured the highly dangerous sweater, and conquered it. So proud. While Teskje looks annoyed about his smug face and sort of WTF because how did he do that?

I like the height difference. I know that they are different age, but still. You don't see enough height difference in the comic, so it is always nice to see.

Oh, and thanks for not giving Teskje big boobs. A slight per peeve of mine is when artists who aren't newbies give characters big boobs. Or when all of their females has big breasts.

Ooh, I see you've outlined the color of her shirt. Nice!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »

XD thank you so much. I really happy you like.
The doll of Teskje I used as a reference  looks very male and I just had the nation of her supposed to look very male. A small bust seemed logical. She was very interesting to draw, having to balance between male and female features. ;D
I tried my best to make her symbol look right.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:57 AM »

This is brilliant! And the shirt says goat! How appropriate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up