Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

How old are you?

>15
- 0 (0%)
16-25
- 11 (28.9%)
26-35
- 18 (47.4%)
36-45
- 8 (21.1%)
46<
- 1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 24733 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
How old are you?
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »

A couple of us have wondered about the age groups of people on this forum. So yeah, poll time!
If you feel like it, then make a post with your answer (and maybe how long you've read Elfquest?)  ;D

Personally I'm 21 and I've read Elfquest since I was 7 or 8 or so. Been a bit on-off in the fandom, but Elfquest itself has managed to stick with me!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: How old are you?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »

Twenty. And I discovered ElfQuest when I was fourteen.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »

20, turning 21 in December. I got into Elfquest whenever my library first started carrying graphic novels. I know it was before I was 14, so I want to say since I was 12-ish.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »

43, here.  :)  And I first read ElfQuest when a new friend at college in 1986 shoved the first graphic-novel collection of the OQ into my hands.  (I don't remember at this point whether it has the honor of being the first comic book I'd ever read; or whether that was the issues of the X-Men Dark Phoenix saga another friend loaned me.)  So that's, um, 25 years.

Mist-eyes

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »

I'm 28 now - I started reading ElfQuest in grade 7 when I was 15. One of the first new friends I had made saw me drawing elves and faeries during a math class and said "Have I got something for you!" I read Fire & Flight every break and spare second I had and then proceeded to draw elves during class when I couldn't get away with reading about them. She loaned me OQ 1-5 hardcover editions, and I started collecting them for myself soon after :) I have folders full of characters we designed together. Highlight of my ElfQuest life - meeting Wendy Pini at FaerieCon a couple years ago, dream come true!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »

I'm 33, veeery close to 34. As I just have talked about this with my sister, who was the person to introduce me to EQ, I can happily say that I indulge in the World of Two Moon since 1987. So 24 years now.
I barely learned to read! But still, I think I did read Asterix and TinTin before EQ.
For me it was also a real pleasure (and so exciting) to meet Wendy and Richard in ca. 1997. That Wendy was even so generous to draw sketches for everybody totally blew my mind! Not once ever has the thought of selling that sketch on ebay occurred to me. 

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

I just had to pop in to represent the over 35 crowd. I started reading about 1980 or 1981. I remember anxiously waiting for WARP issue #5 to come out to find out how the trial of head, heart and hand would come out, and actually being surprised when a friend came home with issue #6 because I thought the story was over! But I was so happy that we got to see Leetah and Cutter's kids on the cover.

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

I'm 25, turning 26 in a few months. And I've been into elfquest since I was about 6, so that's about 20 years. (My dad bought me a copy, having seen the world "elf" and thinking it was some kind of tinkerbell-esque disney stuff  :P I'm eternally grateful for that mistake!)

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 03:02:41 PM »

I'm not giving away my age *cough* but I know it's been over 10 years since I was introduced to EQ.  I wish I could remember...it might be close to 20 years  :lol  My mom actually found the first issue and picked it up because she liked the design of Winnowill and it all progressed from there.  My sister basically claimed the fandom after that, but had me draw fanart from the beginning and I got hooked on the artwork. 

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »

Turning 21 in November and I think I stumbled over ElfQuest back when I was 12-ish - though it was a single issue found at the school's library so I didn't get to read more than that at the time. I think I rediscovered the series and started reading them chronologically a year later or so - and it eventually led me to you guys ;D

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »

24. Might have been in my early teens when I discovered EQ.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »

I'll take part too, well, Berit here is 27 at he moment, and how long I've been into Elfquest... I honestly can't remember, it's been a long time. I found some EQ books in the library, and the first comic book I bought was Elfquest, if I remember correctly, I remember being all excited about it...

Shadowstar

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »

I'm 20, and I've been reading since I was 12 or 13. My mom had a huge box full of comics in her closet, and when we got a new cat, I went looking for her and found the box. My search for the cat got lost as I began digging through, and I found my mom's comics. I started from the beginning and read everything she had, which was...just after Winnowill refused Leetah's healing the first time, I think.

Then I found the giant collections that were like manga, and I now have vol 1-14, minus 12. Thank goodness for EQ online!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »

26. I first found out about Elfquest from our town's library, when I was 13. So it makes about 13 years with EQ. Half my life! :D

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »

29- first discovered ElfQuest when I was 10 or 12 by finding a stray copy of New Blood in my local library. It was one of the Barry Blair covers with Suntop and (Berrybuzz?) ... I thought Suntop was a girl at first.  After that, it was a long waiting list for each of the big, colored graphic novels to be free, and my sister and I had to read them out of order. XD

I had an OC back then- Windsong, the cheiftess of a seaside tribe I had made up. Don't remember much about her (or her tribe), but boy did I work hard on the picture I drew of her. 

Never really kept up with the fandom, though.

AngelsEmbrace

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »

I've been in EQ fandom longer than many of you have drawn breath.

Embala

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 09:29:45 AM »

I was in my mid twenties when I found the first EQ issue (literally #1 ... though it was a translation) - fell in love on second view ... and now I'm longer with EQ than witout  ;)

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 12:58:32 AM »

Discovered EQ in 1979, and I was 9 years old. So I followed the original quest from the very beginning, and still do! :)
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

DestinysGift

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »

Activate thread!
Wow first post and its about how old I am...
I am in my teen years (wow I feel young, don't worry, I'm old enough to use the internet by myself!) and I've been with Elf Quest since... Before I could read.
Probably about 4 years old? Maybe younger... I'm not too sure, my memory on it is a bit fuzzy. My dad and uncle followed elf quest and had many of the comics and graphic novels around so one night out of the blue my uncle came over with 1-9 of the graphics and gave them to us as a present. The original comics are around here somewhere but the graphic novels are in my possesion. I love them too much.  ::)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »

age: Closing in to 33. :/ Meh, don't want to be so old already.
Discovered Elfquest with ... maybe 20? I just remember pen & paper RPGing and I always played Elf of course. :) And one day I noticed a comic in one of the RPG mates' apartment and on the cover was something with pointed ears (I think it was Cutter). Instantly I was like "eeeeep! Elfsness!" and had to borrow the comic.  It was the colored issue of main quest.
Soon I had read it and wanted the next one. Of course I already had beginning sympathies for Rayek. But that got stronger during his development.

Later I started buying all EQ related stuff I could get (and afford!), mainly from a local comic shop and a lot from various online auction platforms here in Germany. Soon I also imported lots of stuff from US e-"shore". Especially things that were out of print.
Didn't have the time to read again a lot recently but I still like Elfquest. And I still play elves in pen and paper RPG and LARP.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »

Wha-? You're also from Germany? Who knew!
Yeah, getting the English issues over here wasn't easy and sometimes quite pricey. Especially concerning old dollar - mark exchange rates...

Larialoyla

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »

Hitting 30 this year :)

Larialoyla

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 02:10:57 AM »

...oh, and started reading EQ when I was about 8-9 yrs old...  :D

Peacepine

• Treewee
  • www.elfeyesonly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

What an interesting thread! I'm 38, will be 39 in March. I discovered EQ when I was eleven years old, so in 1984. I was visiting my Grandma and we went to the corner store to get some milk. I saw a reprint of the first comic and my Grandma bought it for me. I was hooked right away! Then I learned that my older sister and brother had been reading it for a long time! My sister, who is ten years older than me, read the EQ story as it was coming out. She described to me the agony of waiting for each issue. I think she said it was three months between issues. I had some waiting time myself between books. I had to save up the $17 myself for each book.  :D

Hypnotixtic

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »

I am 21 and I started reading EQ when i discovered them in my mothers storage when I was about 12 maybe 13.
-There is beauty in all imperfections-
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up