Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Tool of the Trade] Wacom Inkling  (Read 22971 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: [Tool of the Trade] Wacom Inkling
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 07:41:04 AM »

Hmm, I've been reading a few more reviews and a lot of them seem a bit more negative (still good though). It's not entirely accurate and some people have other problems with it. I think I'll wait for Inkling2 if such a thing is in the works...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »

Yeah... also, I think I should get a decent tablet first... the super cheap one I currently own is not so brilliant after all.
But still, the Inkling does intrigue me!

Miss Gillespie

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »

That is a positive review... I am still tempted.
Maybe I should check my finance situation next year and consider to buy Photoshop and the Inkling...
But I am still undecided.

buy Photoshop? The program costs more than 700€!! If you're really considering buying a program for the Inkling, better buy the Autodesk program. It's made especially for drawing/painting and its way cheaper...

Apparently, you need the pen-nip to have constant contact with the receiver, and the lower parts can't be as well recorded; since they are farther away from the receiver.
Also, before starting to draw, you have to adjust the receiver, so I don't imagine it to be an as intuitive experience as standard scribblings.
Writings aren't well recorded, but the sketches are meant to become pictures, so I guess that's not a rel problem.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 09:45:39 AM »

Wah?! I hoped there would be a cheaper basic edition! There goes my ambition of getting Photoshop...

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »

I think it depends on where you are trying to buy it.  In the U.S., it is possible to buy a much cheaper edition of Photoshop for "students and teachers" -- $200, as opposed to like $800-$1,000.  But you have to be either a student of some kind, or faculty or staff at a school/college/university; you might be able to buy it if you are the parent of a student, too.  And I don't know if there are international versions like that.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »

Not to mention that one can find people selling their copies cheaply on Internet. One has to look at the salesman though, not all are serious sellers. Someone scammed me from a copy of books by refusing to send it... claimed that I hadn't paid enough postage. Bullocks, I had. That dude cost me more than forty dollars.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Miss Gillespie

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »

I guess most people buy software right from the internet; will say, they download it. I don't know, if it is possible to download PS from the US site, when your IP-adress is from Europe. For example, I can't subscribe to American TV-channels (internet-streaming), because I have the wrong IP-adress.

Than, if you're importing the physical software (the discs), then you might end up paying a lot of custom duties.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:15:38 AM by Miss Gillespie »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 01:55:03 AM »

But you have to be either a student of some kind, or faculty or staff at a school/college/university; you might be able to buy it if you are the parent of a student, too.

Sadly, none of that applies to me anymore...
Thanks for the tips, everybody!
I am now thinking about buying an older version... but the dealer should be serious, that might be a problem. Anyway, maybe I should buy a more decent tablet first and work more with Gimp. Gimp and I getting along quite well lately. All my calendar work was done with Gimp. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up