Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Startear's Non EQ Corner  (Read 205951 times)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Startear's Non EQ Corner
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »

XD

Realf Chein is a newly educated social anthropologist, who thinks he knows everything about human minds. His brother partook in the war, on the side of the Trenchcoat Brigade. Michael/Chey-Chey was a violent figure and in the front of everything. So Realf considers himself as the one who must preserve the dignity of his brother and the ones who he considers unjustly treated by the government and media.

He is obnoxious, snarky, holier than thou arth, and knows everything. But he screws up without understanding it himself. And his morals are more... Curvy than corupt. He does have points he just... Screams it so loud and in a way that makes you deaf.

"Can I meet him?"

I'm gonna regret it, but sure. He lives in Lillestrøm, you can't miss him.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:47:07 PM by Startear »
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »

Gamzee from Homestuck. Did this just before I ran out of the house to watch Avengers. (Said movie was entertaining but not sure how fun it is to watch for the fans said superheroes. (Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Iron Man.)

But I digress. Never drawn Gamzee, his hair scares me. He danced for me... a odd dance with a lot of swinging on the ankles and flailing with his hands and clubs. Was done with black pencil, ink and then black pencil again.

---

Don't think above need much explanation. Just ink.

---

The figure in the middle is me in the same style as Gamzee, the one in the bottom left corner was me trying to draw someone dancing to this song; Waste - Foster The People and the orange thing is a preserver.

Black pencil, black ink and stabilo fineliners.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2012, 03:34:53 AM »

I saw an interesting aproach on profiles, and decided to try. And added dreads. Tried side lit shading. Not sure how successful I was. But oh well.

---

I promise that I'll translate this. I wrote it for a course I took in poetic language, wherein our teacher got me interested in other ways to tell stories. Here I tried to convey a character in how he wrote something to a newspaper. These characters has been with me for a long time, but never truly got something out of them all. Before this course that is.

Kommentar
Realf Chein sosialantropolog

Nok en gang har en av en av de overlevende som tilhørte den forhenværende gruppen som kalte seg Trenchcoat Brigaden begått en stygg forbrytelse. Denne gangen var det Eigil Simonsen, en tidligere lærer i matematikk på Sandaker barneskole i Telemark som er mistenkt for å ha begått ugjerningen. Ifølge artiklene som ble skrevet 8. desember bestod forbrytelsen av et drap på en maskemaker som nylig hadde bosatt seg i Gran, utenfor Oslo.

Det er ikke til å undre seg over hvorfor Eigil ble hovedmistenkt med tanke på hans relativt kjente bakgrunn som fangevokter av den berømte Armand Lago, en maskemaker som aktivt hjalp til å bryte opp gruppen. Det er også mistanke om at Armand skal ha tatt livet av deres leder, noe som aldri har blitt stadfestet. Noe som er en av politiets hovedbegrunnelse til at Eigil er mistenkt, bortsett fra at han ble observert på Gran kort tid etter at ugjerningen skal ha funnet sted.

Istedenfor å fokusere på hvordan politiets anklager er i hovedsak basert på indisier ser man tydelig at både journalistene og mengden av mennesker som skriver til avisene er mer opphengt i frykten de har for at brigaden skal nok en gang reise seg i de mørke krokene som gjenstår etter dens fall enn å følge opp utrykket “uskyldig til det motsatte er bevist.” Uten at noen virkelig orker å ta seg bryet med å gjøre den politisk korrekte handlingen å heve øyenbrynene.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »

Bluh. My computer's charger decided to schedule a meeting with Azrael. So, no computer on me...

I finished the very first in a number of images I've had in my mind though, and learning some things...

1. Inking on 10 x 10 cm canvas when you already hold the pen/pencil tightly is very painful.

2. Just because your pens are waterproof, doesn't mean that they are acrylic proof.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »

Gamzee from Homestuck. Did this just before I ran out of the house to watch Avengers. (Said movie was entertaining but not sure how fun it is to watch for the fans said superheroes. (Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Iron Man.)

But I digress. Never drawn Gamzee, his hair scares me. He danced for me... a odd dance with a lot of swinging on the ankles and flailing with his hands and clubs. Was done with black pencil, ink and then black pencil again.
Forgot to say say I love this one. o,o For some reason I have a fondness for the simplicity style you used here and in many of your other works. I think you captured his hairstyle well. (I sure as fark couldn't draw it as it looks in canon. He'd be all longish hair and curls if I had to draw him.)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »

Aww, thank you so much! I had loads of fun with that one. (Not so much on the other... I was cross eyed because of lack of sleep. Damn you brother of mine, having parties when I'm bone dead tired, and keep me awake.)

Gamzee's hair is hard to do. I do think that the easiest of the trolls/humans is John's and Rose's. Gamzee has wild curly short hair which is starting to get long, and in the comic's style, it goes out of portion.  o.O

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:18 AM »

I finally got a new charger for my computer. No more using my mom's old one. I did mostly play with inking and some painting.

This is one of many illustrations I’ve had in mind for months. As some may know, I am an ACA.

It stands for Adult Child of Alcoholics.

When my dad was in rehab, they gave me all these papers about it. What annoyed me most while reading through them was they categorized you in one out of two groups. Either you were a Angel, a sweet kind one aiming to please and help out.  Or you were a demon, a wreck who went their own way and was stupid. And doomed to become an excessive drinker yourself.

Did not help when that mean woman who was our councilor automatically put me in the demon one. Because when dad’s drinking escalated, I was at boarding school.   :rant

I got this idea, of trying to get the duality and how one is neither and both at the same time. And express it in art and fiction.

Only took about eight-nine monhts to finish one, so I might do these for years to come. XD

Skin was done in acrylic. The canvas is a tiny one, 10 X 10 cm. Drew it first, then inked, and painted. After finding that waterproof doesn't equal acrylic proof, so the rest is in watercolor.

Excuse the crappy photo though.

---

this one was without using pencil first.

---

A little try at using pen shading.

---

And, by far the best ink drawing I have. Me thinks. This time I looked up some shading tutorials online. Only problem was that it only tackled face and shirt... so at the pants, I just tried to go along with it. Umn... not sure how sucsessful I was.

And I forgot the boobs XD

---

a photograph of a truly wonderful place I found not far from my hut. It is a safe area for... biotopes?

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »

Very interesting that you get judged so easily and be put in one of two groups... Must be very easy for the councilors... I actually hoped that people who are trained to work with ACA knew more shades of grey and actually all other colors as well...  :-\ I like that you made your own "grey" version.
And keep on practicing the shading! It looks good. I think it takes some time and courage to do it. Well, at least for me, because I tend to ruin pictures with my ink shading.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »

Yes... it seems very easy. And this isn't a problem only directed towards people who are ACA's but other groups as well. The world isn't black and white.

Very glad that you like my ink shading. :)

So happens that I arted today as well.

A mermaid, who smokes. Just had the idea... if you live under the sea, and like to smoke... how do you do this? Tobacco can't grow under the sea, as far as I know. The only possible way that I see is to befriend a human, and get them to buy cigarettes for you.  And perhaps store it in a grotto of some kind.

Anyway, have a mermaid enjoying her cigarette.

(You have to love Promarkers' skin sets. So easy to navigate through. Though, in this case it was because I wanted to use the more yellowish tents that the Caucasian ones.)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »

Haha, that is hilarious and oddly enough I did once draw a butterfly smoking, he was French and enjoyed a cigarette every now and then, maybe that is who gives them to your mermaid...haha.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »

:D I'm sure my mermaid would highly appreciate that.

Do you still have your butterfly. I'd love to see him.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »

I had my nynorsk exam this friday. Did not panic. Did not freeze, and finished in time.

So now I'm free. Kinda. Still have to look for a job, but still. Glorious almost freedom. Right after I was finished, I went to an art store, and bought pastels. Both oil and chalk.

Here is my first test.

Next one turned so much better, lol.

Oh, and did some more ink doodling.

Oh, and this is the first fox I've drawn in 10 years.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

Bleh, I've ignored this thread far too much. So... art explosion time.

Did this one quite a while ago, but forgot it.

A more recent one, mostly training to not be so picksnickery with me lines.

---

First ask I answered, was by nilla, wondering if Jerred likes his name. Now with nastier teeth. XD

----
Batgirl, on request.

---

---

Gengar. :D

Kvitulven joked about that my gengar looks like stinky from moomin, so that little fellow had to be drawn.

---

Basing mermaids on sea critters is mighty fun!

This one is based on this fellow. http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fish-hands-legs.shtml

And the leafy sea dragon. http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/enlarge/leafy-sea-dragon-ocean.html

---

Me and my sisters cat. Had this... umn special moment wherein I lay on the floor, and my sister's cat joined me. Uncomfortable but soothing to have the cat there.

I fell asleep there, and the cat snuggled up. It was really sweet.

Have a heck of a neckache though.

---

Drawing panels in the car... not really a story, just odd snappshots stuck together.

the one in the middle was because some burglar creep stood outside my window not long ago. Fucking creepy.

Threw a plastic skull I have for decoration on the window, and scampered off, but result is that I'm even more paranod than I was in the begin with.  :-[

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

So I've been without net for  a day. My mom was convinced that it was the forest fires in America that had taken all of the servers... turned out that it was a stupid glitch, and it is fixed.

When doing so, I played a lot of the newest pokèmon games, black and white. And got unnaturally attached to one called Deerling, http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110213005617/pokemon/images/d/d0/Deerling.png, who is very much like me, then it evolved  into a sawsbuck, and I was scared because of sounds.

And...

I wrote a screenplay to a fan comic. Will draw it out.

Clock Says

(Start by showing Sawbucks forelegs. For convenience sake, it will be summer. Grass sticking up to his feet. Cut to a full shot, possibly looking down.)

I am weak.

(First sentence has a panel each. Young Deerlings hopping playfully, then some trainers or a obviously strong pokèmon jumps forward, and Deerlings scatter to hide. A sawsbuck chasing the pokèmon away, and next day training some moves.)

When we are young Deerlings, we hide ourselves in the grass when we feel hostility directed towards us, hoping that our mothers shall drive the danger away. Dreaming of the day when we no longer run at every sound we hear.

I was no exception.

(Sawbuck looks directly at us.)

I am tired of always being afraid.

(Deerling transforming. Show it with aura and glitter. Obviously surprised, then full charge ahead, antlers pointing sharply at us.)

I believed that after my evolution, I would feel better about myself. strong, able to take down anyone who wish me harm.

(Cheap stilouette of the team, Simisage was a pansage at this time, and Snakeskin was at his earliest. Sawsbuck using energy ball and jump kick. Pokemon being called back to their owners, some miffed others just awed.)

After I joined the team of this trainer, I kept hearing the same thing. Trainers falling, reluctantly saying that we beat them. And always some words about my swift movements and powerful kicks.

(Just text.)

So why do I still feel like a coward?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2012, 08:43:20 AM »

I'm not back home with my scanner yet I'm afraid, but I found some things that I hadn't shared, but is scanned.

Kvitulven's faun, Edgar. Done with caligraphy pens, which are super cool.

I was at Desucon, selling artwork. Was loads of fun. Shared markers around with my neighbours, met new people, some old people I knew. Made about 6 euro or something, on commissions. The best part was when I was buying art and other stuff when I was on the walk abouts. But anyway, there is a lot of dead time. In it, I made this. A very cheesy  image of a tribe I had, which was set in a pre middle ages romantic fantasy universe. The tribe which was the protagonists, lived on a land which had mountains in the north, grasslands in the west, and sea/dessert in the south. Every year, when the youth was to become adult, they had to go through a test in the middle of the whole land. If it turned out that speed was your forte, then you went to live in the west, to the grasslands.  South was the works of magic or spiritual parts, east was for strength, and north for the clever. They had different animals to represent them. The grasslands had the deer as sign, north had the eagle, east the bear, and the south was ambiguous, but often represented by the snake, cat or a turtle.

After a while I just drew things.

Fjord ponymaid.

Oh, and I found this old image of Pinkie Pie, which I had inked but was going to color on the computer. So i just quickly jazzed it with markers.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

I am doing this in batches.

Pokemon gen 5 fanart, request. My Sawsbuck (the deer, Clock), giving Elanor the Liligant flowers, and my Herdier stumbling upon them, being proud that Clock is doing something right that he didn't sugest. The kid is learning. :D

Elanor belongs to Kvitulven.

---

Simple shading exercise. I tried using three colors, usually I just one one, maybe two if the marker color doesn't allow itself to shade. This time it was purple.

---
30 day Monster girl challenge. Doing them sporadically. Day eight is for the octomaid!

First try on marker paper.

---

Day 29, A monster girl and their significant other.

Just silly figures on watercolor paper.

---

Jane from Homestuck. Many complain that she is boring, but I am inclined to disagree. She isn't as badass as the other females, but a nice and decent girl whom many can recognize themselves as.

Now, here is two things. In Homestuck, the human characters are aracial. If you are to read the The creator said that it is so in order for everyone to interpret them however they like. Same with the hair. Want them to be black? Sure, go ahead, write and draw them as so. The reoccurring skin colors in fanart is; Jade = african-american, John = asian, Dave = albino, Rose = Caucasian. Though, these may vary. Jane doesn't have a specific one, but my guess is mostly olive.

What's special with Jane is that she is the Maid of Life. From what we know, these people can resurrect themselves and others, and keep it in limbo. Can she heal someone who is living? We don't know, because it isn't seen. What if she can't? What if she can only heal a body completely if it is dead? Like, if someone has cancer, would she have to wait or maybe end someones life to heal them completely, and is there a time limit?

My sister's mother lost her life in the battle against breast cancer the same day as I did the coloring, so I had to push some tears away. My shading wasn't strong enough, so when I was going to do it again, I grabbed the wrong marker.

---

Treefox, your Moonshade picture was so inspiring that I decided to create my own monochrome series. Blue for Azula (Avatar the Last Airbender), Orange for Zuko (same series, because they have that fun duality), Green for Bolin (Legend of Korra), and pink for Will (W.I.T.C.H). I was not going to do purple, but it was the one where i had all colors correspond so nicely, so I made this of Brainbent Eridan. May favorite character in my favorite AU.

His neck is too thin, he really is so skinny that his head looks big, but I exaggerated.

---

My aliens, this time more like how they really look like. White hair, horns, and their skin color. Though, this one is actually a no-horn, her skin is that odd shade between red and yellow. Curious to see how those with horns lived, she pretended to be a two-horn. she was, to her surprise very successful. After two centuries, she grew tired of her game, and revealed the truth. Her customers felt betrayed, but no one had anything they could say. There was no law saying that one wasn't allowed to pretend one isn't of your own category.

Sadly, some of the shading was lost, but I really like how it turned out. :)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »

After I found that purple looks well if used in shading on causcian skin color, I tried using it watercolor. I think that blue works better in this medium, but it was interesting.

Mostly trying to draw someone relaxing. Here I tried blue to show shading, instead of black which I normally use.

This is the character that started my odd aliens. Hale. She is a rebel, but doesn't have a sense of direction anymore. She says that she has simply lived too long, what is there to rebel against now? History repeats itself. Her catchphrase is "my self is smoke."

Studio Killers - Ode To The Bouncer (Official Video / HD / AATW) watching this video, I had to draw some fanart. Not that happy with the drawing itself, but I like the movement.

The last watercolor I did. An octopus and a jellyfish. Figured out how to blend two colors together with watercolor, that was rather neat.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »

I look at myself as mostly a line artist, but sometimes, I only use color. The lines on the top lady was added after. I don't know why I added them, I think it mostly was in order to make her clothing more visible.

I've started University at long last, and I love it. Truly, it is amazing. However, I don't have much time for drawing. Just one here and there. For two weeks I've wanted to do a very specific desert landscape. So, before bed time, I did this. Thirty minutes. Does that count as speed drawing?

I did a somewhat similar scenery with acrylics. At the time I did this, I could not locate one single brush. So I used a sponge. I like the effect, it looks wind blown. Unfortunately, the picture of it is rather crappy. 

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »

Some of these are a few weeks old, sorry. While I do not spend many hours on the university, strictly, the hours spent in classrooms in one week is only ten, two hours per day. On Mondays we have history, the Tuesday-Thursday we have language classes. But, being language classes, a lot of time is spent studying on the side. So, while I technically have time to draw, it is spent on... reasonable things.

Yes, I do wonder what my life is coming to.  :P

But anyway, I have been trying to focus on different bodyshapes. I have started swimming regularly on top of my classes, in order to stay in shape. Because of the chlorine, everyone has to go to the showers, so you see various bodyshapes whether you try hard to look for them or not.

This was colored with copics and promarkers. Some leave white spots for speckles of Light. I tried that too.

I had written "is there anybody here" in hindi. Not in devanagari, as I usually do, because the example wasn't given, and I didn't bother to drag up the alphabet this time. But what I did afterwards was to draw a mermaid under it. Her colors are inspired by the bengali hilsa fish.

My troll in God Tier. I had so much trouble here. While the prince outfit is pretty straightforward, the color scheme was not given. So, I had to ask for help. My mother suggested pink. I find it hilarious that a girl troll, who is in one of the destroyer class, walks around wearing very pink clothes. XD

nilla helped me figure out the color of her crown and sigil.

Last image I have drawn and been happy with. Asked my followers on tumblr to ask me to draw myself dressed up for Halloween. One of my friends asked me to draw myself as my favorite character in Homestuck, Wayward Vagabond. I complied, and decided to make me do what I did last Halloween.

Bowling.  ;D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »

Wanted to do a watercolor, and I used my references for once.

I used the woman on the right for the pose; http://kanzeeposereffences.tumblr.com/post/33655793543/oogum-boogum-helllllllllllo-ladies#notes

And this one for hair;http://kanzeeposereffences.tumblr.com/image/33698932345] [url]http://kanzeeposereffences.tumblr.com/image/33698932345[/url]

Inked

Colored

Her shirt is purple because of Spirit day. Finished too late, but it is the thought that counts, no?  ;)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:39 PM »

So, University, moving out from my parents and video games ate up all my time. But eventually, I arted.

For my own Birthday, I got myself a tablet. It renders me  ???  but it is fun to muck around with.

Shitty color version.

Trust me to draw tree's.

And of course, I have to draw... Goblin Cat. 1/4 goblin, rest is cat, and he hates you all. Because he can only get a job in banks, as a mouse hunter, and it really sucks. You wouldn't think that job comes with so much stress, but it does.

I'll post some more tomorrow. :)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2016, 06:16:08 AM »

Man, I haven't posted here in a while! I'm not even going to try to bring everything over. But since Berit and I had an discussion on body positivity, and how many people either don't bother to draw fat or plus size (depends on which term you prefer) people or just draw what they think is pretty... I've been trying to draw double chins. Why? well, it's one of the things I'm a bit self conscious about myself.

Yesterday I think I finally figured it out while drawing Allone the graceful, my adventure character from Tradewinds Odyssey. Only nation where your character can be plus size is greek, which is a shame. (The gals from Persia have a rally cool wardrobe, and the hair of the African ladies is to die for.) She used to dance a lot, and when her husband passed away, she took out some savings, sold her house, bought a ship, and set out to start a new life. She is now trading across the Aegean, earning extra money on doing odd jobs. Everything from making wine, piracy, hunting giant squids and even some fetch quests from the Gods.

I wasn't too happy with the drawing on lower part, so I conveniently cut that off. XD

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2016, 09:27:24 AM »

Darn, you have some pretty dark stuff here... I actually know what it is like... my mother was a drunkard and addicted to various pills... I had to look after her from when I was like 6... I really feel for you... dang, I hoped no one had gone through that, sorry for my language... that shit... but it's good to see you drawing... drawing can help you in many sorrows... it can give you back your wings that were clipped from you... so fly, dear Startear, fly with your new strong wings!... and when you soar to the sky, drop us some of the things you do there as before! hahaha! nice to see all this stuff here! you do draw lots! no wonder I see improvement in your art all the time!...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up