Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Startear's Non EQ Corner  (Read 205946 times)

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Startear's Non EQ Corner
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »

I really like the design of this guy. The lineart looks lovely rounded. (Compared to the Duck drawing which is very straight looking ) I really love the hood. Any plans to add shadows under it?
What is he?

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »

Thanks! Yeah, I like the lineart better here. The Donald one is entirely without sketching.... one of my "clever" ideas popping into my mind at one am.  ::)

I'm not quite sure what he is. Sort of a northern cyclops is my closest guess. Who aparantly likes Enigma.

Tried some shading. :)

"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 12:51:28 PM »

:yeahthat awesome!Adds much more depth to him.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »

I was very surprised how well it turned after the shading. Thanks for reminding me.

By the way, the paper is 100 % organic and 50 % elephant poo.

Just thought I had to inform everyone about that.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »

By the way, the paper is 100 % organic and 50 % elephant poo.

Ahhhh, that explains a couple of things. :lol

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »

I really love that paper. Outside the cool texture, drawing on it is a wonder to me. I have a problem with lines, I keep presseng my pencil too hard. Erasing is very easy on this.

This is something which Kvitulven allowed me to do. She does a lot of pen art, and let me practice the same here. After finally getting myself a 0.1 mm pen. Which I used here. The symbol on the shirt was filled in with a 0.4 mm pen. Which I accidentally broke when there was shouting on tv.

I present to you, the Prince of Hope.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

Decided to color my Donald is running drawing. Decided to do two editions. One in GIMP, because they have the paintbucket, which I'm so used to from dollmaking that I have a hard time living without it. The hading was done with the airbrush, but didn't use the fuzzy brushes...

And one with color pencils.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 03:35:56 AM »

Oh yeah! I like the way your lines are turning out. Nice flow of thicker and thinner lines. I think some drawing exercise to loosen your hand is also a very good idea. It makes for more fluidity and maybe you'll also feel more relaxed while drawing.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »

Upon Treefox's request, I've uploaded my only comic. This was actually my first story outside the assignments given at school. My stories never finished those days, because I wrote by hand, and I held the pen in an iron grip. Halfway down the first page, I'd get cramps, and then reluctantly put it down. When I could write again, I had lost motivation.

Anyway. This story took place in the US. Why? Because I was going to visit that place in a year when I wrote this. The idea was a dark urban fantasy story, where the soul of a girl called Aria, who was there on holiday, was split into tiny pieces. After the son of one of the greatest magicians and werewolf slayers found one piece, they both embarked on a quest to regain all the pieces and restore her full soul. Unfortuneatly, the souls had grown by the time she got to them, and in the end she ended up in a closed ward, supposedly having Multiple Personality disorder.

There was only four story lines which ended well, and I decided to do them first.

If this had a title, it would be Dark Encounters, knowing my old self ;)

Translation

1. Get lost!

2. Dark! We must talk.

3. We don't need to. We can send.

4. People of light wishes to see you.

5. There is only one I'd like to see.

6. Who?

7. Father!

1. Remember what I told you, Lucifer?

2. Don't say huh! You know very well what I'm talking about!

3. The thing about that I'd rip you to pieces? You better hope your daughter won't do that!

1. That is not my daughter!

2. He hasn't changed.

3. No.

1. Bloody Hell!

2. You speak Norwegian?

1. How did you do that?

2. Quick! Someone may have heard.

3. Sorry!

4. Go into the woods. Your father won't dare to go there.

5. Go!

The end for now.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:27 PM »

It's pretty dark! But I like how they stand on top of those houses and little EQ influences in it. Also, it looks like a looot of work! Did you feel comfortable drawing with a ballpoint pen? Because, as I probably have mentioned somewhere, I had a phase in which I absolutely loved drawing with ballpoint!
Thanks for posting it!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

Oh yeah, ballpoint pens were my life! And I was sporting the idea that you were the best ever if you only used ballpoint pens. Still love using them, though it happens far less these days.

Yeah, that storyline was one of the few which ended happily... despite having it's fair share of darkness.  ::) If I'd ever ought to pick it up again, I'd do the story where she meets the Lady of the Sea, and will do what it takes to not harm it or their creatures, even protect it if needed to get one of her spliced soul pieces back.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »

Art dump!

---

Having trouble uploading on the site of late, 'I'll dump this one here.

nilla said that if anyone felt bored, they were free to color her pics.

Willowgreen. I love this character. she was always so frightened, and yet she was Two-Spear's mate, and stood beside him. She cleansed the splinter tribe's wolfblood. What drove her to do this?

Skin colored with copics, eyes with faber castell artist pen, inked rest is all watercolor baby.

Lines by nilla, whom I may or may not be recognized too.

---

Another one of the Eridan which Kvitulven allowed me to try penning. Forgot to use the purple fineliner at his sign. First time I used my 0.3 mm pen on this.

---

And one which is another study in thick and thin lines. My own art.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »

I made a little chibi.

And colored. Used copics on the skin and watercolor pencils on the rest.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »

I really like what you did with the Willowgreen picture. Very nicely handled.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 04:37:14 PM »

Thank you, Kitt. I'm glad it looks good, considering that it is my second try ever at watercoloring. :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

Aaawww that little pirate chibi with it's chibi peg leg!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »

I just couldn't resist drawing a peg leg on him.  :D

I actually used to be very into pirates. Had books about them, sang their songs and knew The Code almost by heart. I even got me hands on a very expensive book written by an expert on the field, but alas, it was sold when I was staying in Lillehammer.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »

Meet Irene. She used to be Andrea's first girlfriend. She is of South African descent. Her mother left her abusive husband and took her three year old daughter with her. When she was five they ended up in Norway. They lived in Verdalen for ten years, which is why both mother and daughter has a strong accent. Her mother works as a chef, and got an offer to work in Oslo, which she took. Irene meet Andrea while both were attending Senior High, and were together for two years. Unlike Andrea she isn't lesbian, she is bisexual.

Personality wise, she is very honest, which makes her slightly unpopular. She likes being active. Is inclined to ask you on a workout date on the first. First date she and Andrea was on, they rappelled. Been working since she was sixteen, wants to be a psychologist. Very loyal to her friends. She has a pirate fetish, and loves roleplaying that everywhere. Especially in bed.

These days Irene and Andrea aren't together, but they share an apartment with another friend, working and studying.

Base: http://disappeared.de

---

This one was very fun. For the Color Me Contest. The idea was to keep the lines, but you could edit the colors. Everything but the grass and the glowy hands were done in Paint. The other was photoshopped.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »

I like them both! I like the name Irene, she looks spiffy!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »

Thanks Treefox! Been looking for Irene since I drew Andreas, her former girlfriend, in early July. And suddenly she knocked on my door.  :lol I'm pretty happy with her, especially the hair. It is harder to make straight hair look real than curly or short. and there was no shading on the base, which you probably can see. Trying to learn to not trust the shading on the bases these days.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

So, I went to Grandma to fatten up with non lowcarb food. I did some art of course...

First, a sugolup. On the train there was these elderly ladies, all of them from the same neighbourhood, having a social gathering on the train. They talked very loudly and kept disturbing me away from Goethe's Faust.

So I took my pencil, and started drawing. I drew this backwards, which means, I started on the boots and worked on the thigh. I used to own a horse, wanted to be a breeder on the side of being an author, so I used to draw horses a lot, first traced and then on my own. I love the cirve on their hind legs, in fact the whole hind leg is very pleasing to my eyes. And I often go a little over board like here. But this wasn't aimed for realism, so I'm sort of safe. ;)

It is three legged horse creature like, mostly minding it's own business... however, their feet have healing power. Bother then and they will either gorge you with their horn, or kick you, and break something. Which will mend incorrectly and cause a lot of pain. Everything but the sky was done in fineliners, which the scanner ate :(

---

When I first got me hands on the sandman issues, I was so excited of finally getting to read it properly that I missed that the Dream King can make one insomniac. If he wants to. So in the painful waiting of getting enough money to buy more of this series, I made my own character, Insomnia, his dark sister. She had no eyes, but a nose, never rested and was inclined to rape and kill to hold her victims in her grasp. She had a song, sung in comfortable tones, but basically said "I am his sister and I will take your life."

It was suposed to be an elf, hence the corny ears, but it went down the drain. So reuse time! Fineliner all of it.

---

I had the idea to make something stamp like right after I got a ruler. Drew the Stamp outline, and then one of my lazy turtles, which I can whip up in no time at all and is something comfortable to draw. However, I did one mistake the whole time I was working on it, I drew it this way:

And not the way it was suposed to flow, which was this. I cannot unsee the above one.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 11:41:45 AM »

You surely drew a couple of very stylish things. I just gotta love that horse. That is all kinds of awesome.
I also used to draw during train rides, but always found it difficult to do. So kudos!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »

Oh dear, I didn't see your comment Treefox!  :-[ Sorry about that.

I love drawing in cars and trains, it is fun, because your arm will do sporadic movements. It makes it a lot more interesting. But I must admit that the ones in the car are usually very much trash fooder. XD

Okay, some drawings up here.

First, I must tell ya a secret. I. Rarely. Sketch. It usually goes from a few lines, and then straight to lineart. I don't know why, I rather like it rough and dirty in drawings.

Tried the lomis method.

Inking went to hell, so no upload of that.

For Christmas, I got a iPad. Within a few days, I developed a sickly obsession with it. Or so ther claims. Anyway, I tried drawing with it in a program called DrawCast. It is mighty fun, but cleaning up the sketch usually looks ugly, so you guys get to see them in their sketchy and rough glory.

Nepeta. (and first Homestuck fanart in almost two months)

And this guy, whom I am considering to either fuse him into one of my many stories or make one centered on him.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »

Decided to make my own Da icons, and used Paint for an obscure reason...

And of real art, I tackled a illustration to one of my favorite singers song. Santa on a Helicopter...

Ink, copic and watercolor...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:19:31 PM by Startear »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »

Using my gifts, I drew some comical cats in different poses. And named them. Even gave them personalities... or, rather, they talked to me.  ;D

1. Moses, a religious cat, focused on spreading the word of Christ and "protecting" his owner Melissa.

2. Hani, a bashful lady cat. (Suposed to be more orange like than red, but didn't have anything better than poppy red marker.)

3. Fleur, rich lady cat.

4. Poo, constantly getting paint over him, lives on the street.

Colored with letraset markers and a touch of copic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up