Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Startear's Non EQ Corner  (Read 205827 times)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Startear's Non EQ Corner
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »

Well, i thought to myself... why not join the cool kids? Especially seeing that most of my art isn't EQ art. To tell the truth, drawing is something I haven't done on a regular basis since I was fourteen, which is six years. Now I'm drawing again.

Here are the first I drew.

Andrea (Needs a new name, she is of Spanish descent and there it is a male name.)

Eridan Ampora from Homestuck

The others were drawn after my father was put in rehab.

Donald Duck

Wayward Vagabond from Homestuck

Nature

Disciple from Homestuck

Feferi from Homestuck

Hale

Try at watercolor

"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Startear's Non EQ Corner
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:25:47 PM »

Actually, these pictures make me interested in reading the story behind this. I am quite pleasantly surprised to see something entirely different here like Donald Duck.
By the way, did you like to color with water colors?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »

Most of this is actually fanart. Homestuck is a web comic which sometimes is a game. Link: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6 Very long, (5997 pages, and still in progress.) But worth reading. The author has a knack of portraying complex characters through speech, thoughts and actions. The art varies quite much, sometimes it's chibi like, other times not.

Donald Duck is just too fun to draw, especially when he is angry. XD

Andrea is one of mine, a character in a universe I'm writing through articles, interviews and diary. Haven't got them to fully kick yet, due to the fact that my characters argue when ether its a war or at the brink of one.

Watercolor was very fun. Different from what I'm used to for sure. Haven't been doing it much since I got it, since what I've drawn lately hasn't been things that I've been so pleased with that I do not dare to use them in fear of destroying it.  Though one of them are colored with the pencils, so f I get the confidence I'll do it.

Speaking of which, here are todays drawings.

Stickfigure composistion to a bigger piece

A devil (Part one of piece above.)

Warweary Villein (Later Wayward Vagabond) in a moment of self rage (Hometuck)

"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »

Have some more art.

This was very quickly drawn when I should have gone to bed. It is a cougar leaping, as you can see.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/Yeha-Noha/Halemating.jpg

I'm just posting a link since it is mature rated. More or less. Remember that blue skinned creature in first post? Their race is a little complicated. When they are born, their skin is red and very slowly they come blue. They are inspired by stars. According to what my school teacher in Science told me, the light we see from the stars is from the past. A red-white star means it is closer, therefore the light is younger than a blue-white. As a stargazer myself, I find that fascinating. So i used it.

Now, onto the piece itself. They come out in two categories, those with two horns and those with only one. This has nothing to do with genders. To make love, they connect their horns together. If you want children, one must be one with one horn, and one with two. Who bears the child depends entirely on who has the will to do so. In this case, it is the red one. They are old enough to do so when the base of their eyes are magenta/purple. By that time you have to do it on a regular basis. If not the horn will grow so big that you risk snapping your neck due to the weight. You will also get a lot of nasty comments both behind your back and to your face, since it is frowned upon.

Drawn with pencil and Faber Castell Pitt pens

-----

I found one canon outfit of Snowman from Homestuck as an Exile, and tried drawing it. Only a headshot since I've lost my eraser.

Myself as a Homestuck troll. That sign on his/her shirt is in fact the Chinese sign of Goat, which is my Chinese Zodiac. Base is Angy-chan's regular anime base
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:41:08 PM by Startear »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:20:33 AM »

I'm working on drawing masks again, but will most likely not show them to anyone, since I might sell the drawings on Desucon next year. So I'll show you one which could be a very cool mask, if it was made. Won't sell this drawing, as it still qualifies as Homestuck fanart.

And one more, who I kind of forgot. She is a sort of religious servant who takes care of a temple. When people come to visit, she usually follows them around. She is lonely a lot, and when there s people around she has a constant grin on her face.

Sketch version

Idea of color

The colors are made with a blue Stabilo 0,4 mm pen and a blue Faber Castell Pitt pen.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:46:03 AM by Startear »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »

In Homestuck I'm a big fan of the Exiles. I've come to notice that usually, one draws either Wayward Vagabond, Peregrine Mendicant or Windswept Questant, while Aimless Renegade and Writ Keeper are usually not portrayed as often.

Not that I don't understand why.

Wayward Vagabond is at first glance a goofy person, with a lot of dept. He raised a rebellion against the ceaseless war between Derse and Prospit, and was witness to a slaughter of not only the Black King but all of his friends. After this he has displayed a survivors guilt and is very hard on himself whenever he commits a mistake or gets stupid thoughts. He is also hard on other's display of stupidness. He calls himself a mayor, and wants to bring justice, as the founder of Can Town. He talks to you in a rude manner, he distrusts and dislikes royalty, he is a vegetarian and freaks out for seemingly no reason.

Peregrine Mendicant is a plain Jane. A letter carrier who will do whatever is needed to do her duty. The mail shall be delivered, even if she must kill. This was sadly the reason why Jack became so powerful, he asked her to give him the white queen's ring and white kings scepter in exchange for a package a man of law had confiscated. This was something he always asked, because someone actually doing it was hilarious. He didn't expect her to do it. With those things given, he rose to power. Unlike the Vagabond, she is very polite. She is appointed to be a queen herself, and is told to bring Jack to justice.

Windswept Questant was once the white Queen of Prospit. She is the prettiest of the Exiles, her carpace isn't as dirty as the other's. When PM came to her, explaining the bargain she had made, the queen abdicated, and gave PM the ring. She lived in a world of constant war, but seems to care for her people. Or does she? When she shows up in the game, she appoints PM, who was once her citizen to Queen. She becomes the royal advisor, having first hand experience, and tells the new queen that it is her duty to rebuild the kingdom in this new land (Earth) and put Jack to justice. This makes many ask questions about her motives. If Jack is put to justice, will she take the throne away from PM?

Aimless Renegade is the only other from Derse. He was a regulator, ensuring law to be followed. He confiscated a package, which was given to Jack Noir. So he can be percieved as one of the people responsible of the exile. He is obsessed with justice, but in the more violent form than the others. A carnivore. He saw that someone was sleeping during the fall. He stapped the person to the flight board and rescued said person. He could have died. He tried assassinate both PM and WV, but seems to have a crush on the former.

But still, people know more about the others than him. Rather sad. :(

So i had to draw him. But messed up. I use my Pitt pens quite like markers. Not sure if that is either cost efficient or smart, but it gives a lovely strong color. Still love my color pencils, but it comes better off on my scan if I use the pens. I didn't think that using the black pen for text might be a bad idea. It was, smearing together rather nastily. Thought that even a unsuccessful drawing was better than nothing. And I'm a fan of showing people how one can fail. 

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 03:16:29 PM »

For this piece I kind of wanted to not have any more lines than the ones in the cloth already. It is my fourth attempt to color with my Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens.

A ballpoint pen drawing, one of the chaps on the sketch dump I had. It is Eridan Ampora from a AU where everyone is on a facility for mental illnesses.

My avatar. Very much in spired by Eridan Ampora in said AU story. Not quite him though. If I'd ever write a story for my version, it would be much about learning to shine in one's own light... which I wished Eridan to do in canon, but never did.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »

After seeing some pen art done by http://owlings.deviantart.com/gallery/ I wanted to try my hand at it.

I was thinking about people having OCD when doing this. I know some people who has it, and I think it is sad that they have to deal with it. At the same time ones tries to be supportive. Dealing with them when they have the "why couldn't I be like you" looks is rather painful, so is knowing that they blame you for not being perfect after their standards. You know it is the OCD which does that, yet it doesn't always help.

Enough about that. I call it "A crow into a tree"

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »

Oooh, the colors really came out nicely! I actually had the chance to try out the Faber Castell pens at the super art store I discovered last week.
I think I would really love those for inking, but I also had difficulties at filling a bigger space with an even color. So kudos for handling these so well!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »

Aw, thanks. I was actually surprised to hear people having trouble with them. For me they work alright. Need to be a little careful of course, but all in all I don't think it is that hard. First try ever wasn't that good I admit. But I just smashed colors on top on it, so ain't surprised that didn't work. 

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »

:love
I have to say I think this is your bet one yet. Star.
He looks lovely bewildered.  :)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »

:D I love drawing Eridan, and that one is one of my favorites, especially because it was a ballpoint pen drawing. I know the lines are rough and not the smooth and beauty of my last add, but it seems more alive with rougher lines. So me happy you like!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »

The rough lines is why I like it.  :lol

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »

:D

I tried to make some smooth lines again. I rather like this one.

Stabilo fineliner

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »

Tried making my troll oc again. Pink is my true color, the one to my shadow self. But my character said a very loud no to be a sea dweller. Which she would be if she had pink blood. So I made her a blue-blood.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Homestuck+troll+maker#/d35e0kj

Your name is Teskje Skriva. You are six solar sweeps old. You have varity of interests, but mostly writing. You have six hundred writing books and write everywhere you go. However none of your stories ever finish. You have a passion for the sea, but you dare not go too close, in case you meet a seadweller. You have a fondness for drawing, but you aren't good at it. It is the only thing you allow yourself to hate. You are destined to become the Prince of Hate. You are not sure why you are going to be a prince when you are in fact female. You have no quadrants filled. You steal things when you are not drawing or writing about the ocean.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:05:11 PM by Startear »

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

She looks very much like a male. XD Shouldn't there be 6 letters in each name?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »

D'oh! Yes, you're right.

I'm rather androgenous in body. You see I'm female now because I have boobs now. Before that they were so small and I dress in loose clothing, so no one saw. Tried to generate that in her.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »

Awww. XD
Btw, you want a link to the troll maker I used?

You steal things when you are not drawing or writing about the ocean.
I'm going to take a wild guess and state she'd steal Atalus' jacket a lot?

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »

I'm going to take a wild guess and state she'd steal Atalus' jacket a lot?

You were saying?  ;D

Yes, that would be nice.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »

Man that thing is too easy to use. Made another one.

Male. Too cool for school, obviously

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

In that moment you excuse yourself, and leave the dinner table. Quickly depart the restaurant, seeking the comfort of a pristine bathroom. Luckily all of the doors have the white streak on them. Turning towards the mirror, you stare into wide eyes. Inhale, you think. Exhale. Remember the smell of a forest cleansed by water. Inhale.

You are getting worse.

Once you'd order the burger. Homemade with beef ground in the restaurant. Two strips of rich smoked bacon on top. A salad made of sprouts, grilled bread with a very thin glaze of balsam vinegar. Father would smile and speak to you in the most terrible voice. As if you were a child. You would ignore it of course, because it is way more fun to deliberately eat food which is bad for you when others stress it.

Perhaps it is the exam again, sneaking up on you. Cannot be safe, not even in the mountains. Turning the tap towards the blue side, you soak your hands in water. It is only a temporary escape, but your mind goes all kinds of quiet. In that moment you don't even miss your beloved iPod.

A moment later, you turn the water off. Taking one last look at your acne infested face, cursing the period for the fifth time, you go back to your seat. The waiter comes as soon as you've done that, looking at you with curious pity. Most likely thinking that you are bulimic.

Your eyes narrow.

"May I have the reindeer sirloin please?"

Base: http://www.bunnystick.com/bm.html

Sort of illustration to above story. Happened to me on the 23 rd of November. Usually i keep off those things, but that night was just after a really terrible night sitting up crying, and I felt... like I was functioning again.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »

Bah. Should work on my new norwegian short story. Exam is not far away, and i still haven't been able to deliver anything for the course, always something comes up and makes me into a shivering mess.

Did some lazy edits on the same base on above post.

Hopefully this looks more like it is made by wood.

This one was a challenge. Usually when editing pixels, I start from dark to light. It is easier to not make them too wide from each other that way. Here, with the strings, I tried from light to dark, seeing that I was going to use white. Corel Paintshop isn't kind on grey and white colors, way too easy to delete the lines by accident.

Base: http://www.bunnystick.com/bm.html

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:47 AM »

Tried drawing Donald Duck again. I love doing different poses of him, especially the more challenging ones, where he is running, jumping or lying on the stomach looking very displeased.  ::)

What I was trying to draw. The pose was chosen because of the way he holds his arms and hands.

http://www.supercoloring.com/pages/donald-duck-coloring-page/

What came of mine. Some places I inked the wrong line, and the left arm had to be taken away in photoshop because it looked so awful.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »

This started out as a try to loosen my grip. Usually I hold the pencil and the pen in a iron grip. Which ends in me having craps. Today I managed to not do it. Yay!

Colored with color pencil and Faber Castell Pitt Artist pen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up