Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions?  (Read 282419 times)

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Questions?
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

Reply 1 .  Will wait for Update as you have the direct line to the Answer.

Reply 2.  Thank you so very much; Everything helps.  Yes -  Everything is hand drawn and original.

?  ?  I was looking for "Terms"  Let me explain . . . No , there is to much.  I will sum up.   Um. .

I really am at a loss for words here.  As a new member I have no Idea what :
Bonus art implies.  What Fair use is or covers.  How a hand drawn Visual Guide Sheet should/could be shared and  how a VGS completed by another artist should be catagorized.   When I hand draw two things at once they are different non-tech involved pictures, but may look the same. Not bonus, traditional ?  ?   The Pini's have opened up their world at lot more now than   10  yrs ago. - Still I wish to tread lightly, as if I was in their home. "Fandom is at their sufferance."  was our clubs Motto. All the changes are exciting - sooo I just don't want to go off half educated.

This Site is very respectful.  I like your  guys' Style.   I am very New to On-line Fandom.  I wish not to offend.  Just color me Confused and not  t-literal enough to explain.
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 05:25:24 AM »

I am waiting on a reply from Richard Pini with regards to the question you posted earlier about the Wolf Logo/Fan Art/Imaging, so hopefully I can give you more info about that soon. ;D
I really am at a loss for words here.  As a new member I have no Idea what :
Bonus art implies.  What Fair use is or covers.  How a hand drawn Visual Guide Sheet should/could be shared and  how a VGS completed by another artist should be categorized.   When I hand draw two things at once they are different non-tech involved pictures, but may look the same. Not bonus, traditional ?  ?   The Pini's have opened up their world at lot more now than   10  yrs ago. - Still I wish to tread lightly, as if I was in their home. "Fandom is at their sufferance."  was our clubs Motto. All the changes are exciting - sooo I just don't want to go off half educated.

Bonus art is something that was done for the 2012-2014 EQFA planners and as for the other stuff, just post and if you are really unsure you should be posting an item you can always drop one of the mods or admins a PM and we can help you.

If you do happen to post something that we think shouldn't have been posted we will let you know and you (or we) can take it down. We are a pretty easygoing bunch.

This Site is very respectful.  I like your  guys' Style.   I am very New to On-line Fandom.  I wish not to offend.  Just color me Confused and not  t-literal enough to explain.

Thank you, we are happy to have you but you really don't need to be as concerned as you are, just use your own judgement and if you are really unclear about something just ask.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:37:16 PM by Maggie »

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »

I copied this from the Elfquest.com site a while ago. Hope it's helpful...

The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »

I was wondering if it's okay if I made a folder in my gallery in which I'd post photos of wolves. Only ones I made myself of course, and for the purpose of reference pictures for everyone on this site to use.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

Sure, why not.  ;D

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »

R  -  Art Trades.            Although I have no drawn art to trade at this time, I wish to know if anyone would like to trade some of their  Calendar  drawn  Art  for a 3D  Model of Cutter ?  ?   I believe I have 4 pours left after a limited run of Twenty and I would just love to see them put together and painted by different Artist and Artisans.  It is a 9 piece Model Big enough not be intimidating to put together.  My Deviant site has pictures, so please look before you leap, an realize  the cost of shipping for this Trade could be up to  35  $$  if you are over seas.

Maggie  -  Does this qualify under the Art Trade Rules ?  ?  ?  Before bartering was forbidden ,as a profit,  was made.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »

R  -  Art Trades.            Although I have no drawn art to trade at this time, I wish to know if anyone would like to trade some of their  Calendar  drawn  Art  for a 3D  Model of Cutter ?  ?   I believe I have 4 pours left after a limited run of Twenty and I would just love to see them put together and painted by different Artist and Artisans.  It is a 9 piece Model Big enough not be intimidating to put together.  My Deviant site has pictures, so please look before you leap, an realize  the cost of shipping for this Trade could be up to  35  $$  if you are over seas.

Maggie  -  Does this qualify under the Art Trade Rules ?  ?  ?  Before bartering was forbidden ,as a profit,  was made.

Hi Tah-Marien, I hope it's OK for you and Maggie, if I answer your question.
There actually has been a small exchange between Mouse and Foxeye concerning this topic and Foxeye managed to get a statement from Richard Pini concerning trade/bartering/paid commissions of Elfquest copyrighted art and characters. I quote from Richard's exchange with Foxeye:

I (speaking for Warp) don't mind if someone does a commission sketch at a convention. I don't mind if, in the course of an artist's work for Warp on EQ, they want to unload some of their original art pages. I do mind, however, if someone gives the impression that they are in the business of doing EQ art for others.

I do like the notion of freedom of expression with respect to fan art and fiction. I do not like the notion of someone using EQ for personal gain in such a manner that it appears we've given permission (explicit or implicit).

And I think we will keep 100% to Foxeye's statement concerning this topic:
Quote from: Foxeye
So, in a nutshell, WaRP does not give permission to offer paid commissions, or sell fan artwork, of ElfQuest copyrighted material for pay. If someone feels they have a situation which may warrant an exception, then you can PM Richard over at the elfquest.com forums, or send him an email (I believe rpini_at_elfquest.com still works).

In general we have no qualms with posting sales, or offering paid commissions for, original characters.  Whether or not any of your original characters run a risk of infringing on the ElfQuest copyright is not a gray area we are going to impose ourselves into.

So, Tah-Marien, an art trade for non-profit reason should be OK with original EQ characters. If you really just charge the shipping cost, I don't really see much of a problem.
Maggie, please comment,  if you feel that this could be problematic.

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »

NEW - Question                Maybe a prescribed drug haze has left me loopy !   I cannot for the life of me find a way to Submit more ART.  I know I Have submitted in the past , so I is very confused.     " Posting "  Does not cover Gallery.    Where or where do I go and why can't I find it.  I am very confused  ! !

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2012, 12:41:43 AM »

Click on the "gallery" button at the top menu. When you're logged in you can see the option "my albums" on the right. Go there and click on the album you want to add a picture to. In there you can find the option (on the right) "add an item to this album".

This is how I always do it (there's a more elaborate way to go through the members list and find yourself there), if anyone knows other/quicker ways, please enlighten us. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:47:41 AM by afke »

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2012, 05:29:02 AM »

:D Thanks afke! That's really helpful.
There are other ways, I think, but this might be the most easy one.
I should make a mental note to make a guide with pictures once.

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »

Question ?   ?     More of an suggestion really.   FOXEYE  did an amazing Monochromatic picture of MoonShade.    I would suggest that we add the catagory on/in   "Challenges"?    What a wonderful challenge idea and a great example to live up too  !  !     Anyone ? 

I have something on the back burner that just might fit the bill.  he-he

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2012, 06:19:26 AM »

Good idea. It might be best to save a new challenge for after the calendar though.  ;D

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »

That is for the Best I agree.  Otherwise I will try to finish one more thing in stead of working on my Comic page.   You are Wise.   

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »

Haha, yes...wise and bossy...

Finish that calendar page!  ;D

Your challenge idea is a good one though, so I will make sure to post it once this calendar business is done.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »

Heya! Berit has done the Marut thing and wandered around for quite a long time! but now I'm back! and let's start with two questions that might be obvious to others, but I need to ask..

1. How much gore is too much? I want to know so that I won't upset any people, are there perhaps some gory pictures/text I've posted here that are too much? if so, I'd like to know what they are... (I'm sorry, but I'm into gory art! stop me, if I post something that isn't ok)...

2. If I do these... doll thingies in dress-up games or doll makers, can I post them into my gallery, or should I post them to a forum post? (same goes with game renders, screenshots of games where I have created Terra-verse EQ characters) or are these things okay at all?...

That's all! thank you!...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »

Hey Berit glad to see you back at the site.  ;D

Gore, hmm, well I don't have a problem with it, maybe just tag your art to let folks know there's gore to be seen.

As for the doll thingies etc, if it's EQ post it to your gallery if it isn't then put it with your non-EQ stuff. If it is based on EQ (your original characters) then to your gallery as well.

I'm sure I am probably contradicting some rule posted somewhere but I am an admin so I can get away with that...tee hee.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »

Ok! thanks! well, I'll be posting some dolls then shortly! I've written GORE in the title of every gory drawing I have and they are in a mature folder, hope that helps people who don't want to see them...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up