Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions?  (Read 283059 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Questions?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 06:00:14 AM »

Hey! and yes! it's me yet a again! I was wondering, does this site allow me to upload "game art"? for example, if there was a game where I dug up the ground so that it looks like EQ character, can I upload it? or if I used some character creation of some game and created an EQ character, can I upload a picture of it?... I remember seeing something about the subject somewhere in the forums, but I can't find the post... I understand if that isn't allowed, because it is debatable is it art or not... but I've been wondering this for a while now... if no-one knows what I'm talking about, I can always link this to some examples...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »

The first example, of digging up the ground, as weird as it is *giggle*, I'd say "yes" to. It's a strange medium (digging up virtual dirt), but why not? Sorta digital-sculpting.

Elves created from character-generators, however, are a "no" for uploading, unless you've modified them in a digital art package after creating them. Forum posts on the subject are OK.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 02:09:46 PM »

ok! thanks! well, I'll be adding some of them, then! they are screenshots I have cleaned a bit in gimp... and what if some game uses character skins, and I personally make my own skin in a drawing program, is that ok to post here? (I'm not sure if I'm doing anything like that, but just wondering)...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

Aye, if you've done anything more than move sliders and choose from existing assets, that would be same as editing a screenshot in an art program. In other words, there is a personal contribution involved.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 02:07:26 AM »

Alright! thank you!...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »

This isn't really a question, but I wasn't sure where to post it.

I am trying to move a drawing from one folder in my gallery to another, and it seems I can only move it to one of Foxeye's folders. I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem, and could it be fixed? Thanks!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »

That's a bug. :( And not one I've been able to chase down and fix easily. Send me a PM of which images you want moved and to where.

Shaddy

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »

Hello there! Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, I just joined the site, but I'm wondering why I can't access certain artworks/albums, even though I can see mature works.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »

Quote from: Shaddy
Hello there! Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, I just joined the site, but I'm wondering why I can't access certain artworks/albums, even though I can see mature works.

Welcome!  :hello

Could you give me an example of which artwork/album you can't see?  I did make some changes to permissions today...hopefully I didn't break anything.  :ohno

Shaddy

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »

Thank you!   :D

Windrider's work is one example- The profile says she has 147 images, but when I browse through her artwork it only shows me the 27-or-so images from two of her albums.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »

Ah. Yes. :)  That's because she is the coordinator for the calendar project, and so has uploaded 120+ images into the private albums for that event. :) Once those calendars go public, those will be visible to all members.

Shaddy

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

Oh, okay! Thank you for clearing that up :)

Windschatten

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »

Buuut I have the same problem with Midnight's Album. It says 16 pictures but I only can see 10 and I could see others before. Her original characters I even left comments on are gone somehow.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »

Buuut I have the same problem with Midnight's Album. It says 16 pictures but I only can see 10 and I could see others before. Her original characters I even left comments on are gone somehow.

One of her albums has been set to not let anyone view the art in it. I suspect it's in error, since she gave guests permission, but I don't want to override it since it's her turf. I'll send her a PM.

Midnight

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Tomb of the King 1&2
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2011, 08:08:12 AM »

Sorry guys--it must have been a glitch......hopefully I fixed it? Didn't mean to make you feel unloved.  :P
LM

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2011, 10:46:20 AM »

and it's me again! yippee! sorry to bother you once again, I was just wondering if anyone of you knows why I'm having hard time in logging in lately, I've had to change the password countless of times to log in, for some reason it always tells me that I inserted a wrong password even though I'm most certain that it is the right one!... it's very odd, since no one besides me seems to have this broblem...

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

Hm, I must say, I never had this problem. Sounds a bit like it's browser related. Anyway, it's really good to have you back!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2012, 04:48:04 AM »

Huh? Somehow my questions just has gotten deleted. Maybe I just pressed the wrong button. Anyway, I cannot comment on smexy.fae's stuff. Did she disable commenting or is this a technical glitch?

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »

Nope, me either. I think she disabled comments :/

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Ah, no problem then. Thanks!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »

It's a problem that happens when people get confused by the "Profile" choices and use something other than a Default Profile for their albums. I'm guessing she woudln't upload her art if she didn't want comments, so I went and fixed the profile on her album. Should be comment-able now. :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »

Thanky thanks!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »

Related to Berit's problem, recently I too sometimes have had to type my password a second time to login. But then it logs in fine. Could be also that I'm a sloppy typer. :D

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »

I have had a Lovely time following the bouncing ball all over this Site.  I have bn wonderfully digressed' by Wendy updates on Final Quest, seen pictures and talk-talks'.  Whew. 

Pardon my asking , especially if it has bn asked somewhere before. (I could not find it in my vitural travels)

1.  " Where are the Pini Rules on Imaging / Fan Art written by Richard ? I know I found them somewhere and remembered reading not to use the Wolf Logo.

2.  'Can I download my own Model Sheets and EQ drawing quidelines without stepping on any "High Ones" toes ? .  If feels like I am giving away a secret; even though it is the same formula used in the Big Gatherum.

3.   "If so ; how do I title them .  Copyright them.  Share them.    ?  ?  ?
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »

1.  " Where are the Pini Rules on Imaging / Fan Art written by Richard ? I know I found them somewhere and remembered reading not to use the Wolf Logo.
Something that may have been here in the past, may not be here now, the site is under new management and so things are still (ever so slightly) in transition. I am not sure about the Wolf Logo, I used it in my calendar page and no one said boo about it but that doesn't mean you should. I guess if you remember reading that you shouldn't use it somewhere stick with that thought until we can give you an update.

2.  'Can I download my own Model Sheets and EQ drawing guidelines without stepping on any "High Ones" toes ? .  If feels like I am giving away a secret; even though it is the same formula used in the Big Gatherum..
3.  "If so ; how do I title them .  Copyright them.  Share them.    ?  ?  ?
You can upload them and if the Admins or Mods feel it is too close to the EQ version we will let you know and they may have to be removed but we can't know for sure until you post them. If they are your own and not copied directly from EQ it should be fine.

As far as title and copyright, if they are your own personal work put your name on them and title them as you like, just so long as they aren't copies. If you want you can mention in the description that they are based on the EQ character sheets done by Wendy Pini.

I hope this helps.  :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up