Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions?  (Read 282411 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Questions?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »

Yay, it worked :D Thanks

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »

Hahahaha, did you call it a chibi subforum?!  That's cute. I like that.

And that's a good idea...I'll create one.

*squints*  ...oops!  ...my eyes are getting old :P  I thought it said "chibi" but it says "child".   ;D  Anyway, thanks a bunch! :D

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »

Is it possible to move a picture to another folder without deleting it and the comments?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Is it possible to move a picture to another folder without deleting it and the comments?

Not between user galleries, apparently. Huh, wonder why they didn't add that ability...hrm.

Well, for the time being, send me a PM about which pictures you want moved and to which albums. I can make it happen behind the scenes.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »

Oh, btw Sgaana, in case you mentioned that functionality because of a concern that you'd missed art that had fallen off the front page, the "unseen" page (top right of gallery) will show you a list of all the pictures in the whole gallery that are new to you.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »

Uhm.. If one colours another persons lineart, is it allowed to put it in a seperate album, with credit given where due of course? Or should I out it up somwhere on the forum?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »

Yes, you can put it in your own album (I've done this for stuff I've colored). Just, as you say, giving credit (and having permission), are essential.  If you can link to the original picture, so much the better.

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »

*squints*  ...oops!  ...my eyes are getting old :P  I thought it said "chibi" but it says "child".   ;D  Anyway, thanks a bunch! :D

X3 actually as far as I can tell it says "Chibi"   Kitt Your eyes were not deceiving you.
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »

umm, Hi! I was hoping to get some advices to few broblems I'm having, and maybe I'm an idiot or something for not finding the right place to ask, so I think this was the closest (Sorry if I'm stepping in someones toes!) well... I was wondering that is it ok to use one of Wendy's pictures as the avatar image?... I had the picture of Skot in the earlier gallery, I'm not sure if it's ok in this new gallery?... and this doesn't fit well in this forum, but how do I comment the work of other people? everytime I choose "comment" a strange side window opens that reads "move" or "close" it just goes on enddlesly... sorry if I'm a rotten fish poker! and if I'm annoying someone!...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »

Hello :)  If you don't mind that I have a tendency to move posts around (a bit of a organization-freak I'm afraid), then I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about stepping on toes.  So far no one here is easily offended. :)

I was wondering that is it ok to use one of Wendy's pictures as the avatar image?

Definitely :)  That is one artist that we have "blanket approval" to use. It is also safe to use any artwork by the team of Original Wavedancers (I asked).

how do I comment the work of other people? everytime I choose "comment" a strange side window opens that reads "move" or "close" it just goes on endlessly

That sounds like the comment window, though the bit about going on endlessly sounds ominous. It should look like this:

[img width=493 height=387 alt=]http://www.elfquestfanart.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=1197[/img]

I take it that it doesn't?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 03:26:35 PM »

oh, THIS is the place for me to add some questions about the art! ok... I don't know how i missed this!... anyway, I still don't know how to comment other peoples fanart... I just can't get the hang of it... and I have YET ANOTHER question, well, about my own character... can I post pictures of my own elven character, if he was made for Elfquest AND another fantasy world alike?... and should pictures that show hunting animals be counted as gore if there is some blood? or is it forbitten to even show dead game in the art?...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »

That sounds like the comment window, though the bit about going on endlessly sounds ominous. It should look like this: I take it that it doesn't?

yeah, it looks like that for a few seconds, then it starts "dropping down" waith an alarming rate (I cant keep up with it) leaving only multible copies of that MOVE / CLOSE text hanging about and it just keeps copiing that text on the screen like there is no tomorrow... the bar on the side just keeps shirinking and shrinking...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 04:03:47 PM »

can I post pictures of my own elven character, if he was made for Elfquest AND another fantasy world alike?...

If the character has any connection to ElfQuest, then it's appropriate. Now if, for example, you redesigned your Elfquest character for, oh, a Lord of the Rings gaming group, so that they no longer looked like an elfquest elf, then those particular images wouldn't be on-topic. If that makes sense.

To complicate matters further...redesigning *canon* elfquest characters for another world is on topic. Because, well, they are homages to elfquest, and fans can make that connection.

and should pictures that show hunting animals be counted as gore if there is some blood?

Naw, blood does not equal gore.  Internal organs clearly visible in a wound would be gore.  The simple way to think of it is "have I seen it in the ElfQuest comics?". If you have seen Wendy draw it, then it's not gore. :)

There is probably a line that can be crossed, of things that are forbidden, but I would very shocked if we ever see any of that here.  For most things that are more violent or more risque than Wendy has drawn, just toggle the "mature" filter on. :)

yeah, it looks like that for a few seconds, then it starts "dropping down" waith an alarming rate (I cant keep up with it) leaving only multible copies of that MOVE / CLOSE text hanging about and it just keeps copiing that text on the screen like there is no tomorrow... the bar on the side just keeps shirinking and shrinking...

Oh dear! That's not healthy. What is the browser and browser version you are using?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »

Oh dear! That's not healthy. What is the browser and browser version you are using?

I'm using Mozilla firefox, though I have no idea what version it is, ME NO SMART with computers! hahah! well, I'll try updating the browser, and see what happens then... but I have to bother you again (the last time I'll do so in a while! I PROMISE!)... does the gallery allow non-elfquest characters, that have been tranformed in a Elfquest elf form?... I have few pictures like this, and I'm really not sure...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »

does the gallery allow non-elfquest characters, that have been tranformed in a Elfquest elf form?... I have few pictures like this, and I'm really not sure...

If they are drawn in the style of elfquest elves (four fingers, big swooshie ears, etc), then yes, please share! :) 

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

I got the comments working now! thanks for the help in everything Foxeye! if I can be of service in anyway, just tell me, I'd be glad to help!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

Heya! Berit's here to bother you again! this time, I'd like to ask how can I add thumbnails to the character Bio I wrote? I really have no idea...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 07:58:55 AM »

Hi, it's me again!! this time, I was wondering, that is is possible somehow to switch pictures within my gallery files?... I think I should have done a gallery file to my animal pictures separately, because now the file that has my characters, other peoples character and animals looks awfully messy...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

It is definitely possible for me to move things. The blue "move" button may work for you as well, but I'm not sure...I seem to recall it was buggy in this version of the software.  Create the gallery you want and try using the "move" option to move pictures there. (It's right above the comments area, second option from the right). If you don't have the option or it doesn'twork, let me know and I can move your pictures for you.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »

I don't seem to have the option, and I'd be glad if you could put the four wolf pictures from the "my characters and other mess" gallery to the "Animals and plants" gallery... sorry for troubling you so!...

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »

In the Member Character's thread, I tried posting pictures of Wildfire, but it just says [limit Reached]. Help xD

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

Are you trying to post pictures using the "smg" tag, or are they from external sites?  Does it give you that error if you try to just add more text in your post?

Songflower

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 11:42:10 PM »

So, I have a question...well, you know, I can't produce my own fanart (of any quality), but really like good EQ fanart images of canon characters.  What is the etiquette around downloading images from this site (and also from the fanart section of the Elfquest.com forums if you feel comfortable answering that too)?  I absolutely will not be posting any images on the web or otherwise spreading them around anywhere or doing anything commercial with them; they are all going to live on my one and only computer for my enjoyment only.  Is this OK, or does one approach each individual artist and ask permission (frankly I'm hoping not, but will if it's the right thing)?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:46:21 PM by Songflower »

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 12:18:43 AM »

I know if it were me, I would want someone to come and ask permission from me to use my artwork anywhere, including icons. Others might feel differently about that though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up