Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuttle Crowd pictures  (Read 3920 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Shuttle Crowd pictures
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »

A few weekends back Kael and I attended ST-135, the last NASA shuttle launch. It was very crowded. I have a folder full of pictures of the crowd we were stuck in (estimated at about a million folks around the area), and it makes a great study of just catching funny expressions and human antics, but I wanted to pick out a few to share with family/friends.

I don't have any of the launch itself, though Kael does have a little video footage.

In short: IT WAS AWESOME.

I even look back fondly on being there at 2 AM in the morning to reserve our 4x4 spot of bridge space.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Crowd pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »

I really wish I could have been there. I thought about driving out for it, but I don't follow the space program so I'm sure by the time I knew about it it was too late to make arrangements. Plus, I'm broke anyway. But, such an historic moment, it would have been cool to been part of it.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Crowd pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »

I actually think that is so awesome that so many people have such enthusiasm for this! Somehow the atmosphere seems fun and peaceful despite it being so crowded. You sure look like you're having fun and like you're wide awake Foxeye! Say, is your hair shorter?
Anyway, it's cool that you got to see the last launch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up