Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Problems  (Read 5478 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Site Problems
« on: April 29, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »

Our apologies for the site being MIA for several days. What was supposed to be a "routine maintenance" by our hosting provider turned rather nightmarish. First they accidentally rolled back one of the servers to April 1, losing a month's worth of images, then they destroyed that server altogether when they tried to repair it.

Fortunately we had backups, and so have been able to rebuild the site.

Please let us know in this thread if you encounter any bugs/problems! And cross your fingers that they won't be screwing anything else up until we can identify a new provider.

Known Issues:
- Registration is currently disabled.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:54:39 PM by Foxeye »

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
Re: Site Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »

Registration is currently disabled because I have not yet set up email on the host where the site currently lives. Once I've set up outbound emails, we'll re-enable registrations.

Our hosting provider's SAN storage corrupted all data on the former web server virtual machine. Apparently we're not the only ones it happened to, so we're working to move away from this provider as quickly as possible: their SAN storage platform has simply proven to lack sufficient reliability for any serious use.

So yay, go backups. There were one or two configuration files we did not have up-to-date backups of, but fortunately those were easily re-created.

The icing on the cake was that our hosting provider tried to sell us their backup service when they told us that our dear web server virtual machine was beyond recovery. Offered to give us pricing and everything. Not good pricing, just pricing in general. How so very thoughtful of them. Never miss an opportunity to upsell, I guess; capitalism at its finest.

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »

We have re-enabled registrations.

Rawr.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »

You guys rock. :)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:20:50 AM »

One of my friends are having a real hard time getting registered. She has tried for many days, and I have tried too create one for her too, but we constantly get a Internal Server Error message.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »

One of my friends are having a real hard time getting registered. She has tried for many days, and I have tried too create one for her too, but we constantly get a Internal Server Error message.

Is that kvitulven?  Did they get the activation email at all? I can always resend the email, if that is part of the problem.  If that isn't the problem, could you tell me at which stage you get the Internal Server Error?

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »

The problem was that it showed up we filled in the name, code, password and the I accept the terms. But since she is in now, it hardly matters anymore.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."
Pages: [1]   Go Up