Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590310 times)

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »

BAM! One down!
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 25, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »

Woo!  :woohoo

I'm in the sketch phase of almost all the various bits.  Have been doing that rather than taking each one all the way through done.  Inking soon, but trying to finish up sketches tonight.

Hating my layouts.  (Have been doing test composites.) (Why did they work so much better in the thumbnail layout sketches?)

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »

Thank you guys for your concern!  Luckily it wasn't a severe accident, but a back injury and minor head injury just doesn't work when trying to do art diligently  :-\  I'm walking and talking so am thankful for that.  Now to get my vehicle fixed.  I hate seeing her all scratched up  :(

:( I was looking foreward to seing your version of Tyleet :( I've always loved the Venka-Kahvi-Vaya piece you did for another calender.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my art piece.  I noticed the date today and it's not too bad even with the looming end of the month so I may try to crack out the Tyleet picture.  It was actually one of yours that had me biting my nails over drawing her, Mirror!  I was whining to my sis and she was all like "right, show me the pieces" and when I did she was "wow" XD;;  Your work is inspirational to me even as it makes me self conscious XD 

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's art!  This has been really exciting!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »

I have been in and out of the hospital for the last few months and as a result I have done practically zero art, I've been really struggling just to work and do school work so that I could stay in school - as my school loans depend on me keeping that going or my bill situation would get out of hand if I had to start paying back those too at the same time as my medical bills.

I can't make this deadline - I barely started painting when I hit the hospital for the first run.

I have no idea if there are any extensions available, but if not, I'll need to sadly drop out as there is just no way I can do them both in three days. :(

I am so sorry, I kept hoping my health would get better in the nick of time but that didn't seem to work out for me.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »

Greetings from here while doing art. Life is busy like crazy. And the bad news is I just got sick on Friday. The good news is I git sick on Friday. So maybe maybe I will have a few days off work or work only half the day and then get back home, cuddle myself in blankets and sit here drinking tea and vitamin juice and finishing the 2 pieces.

windbourne

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »

Mrfle. I'm pretty good on the drawings for three of mine, but the coloring is making me spit things, and Moonshade's face image is a little weird. And then there's Skywise, who is impolitely refusing to look at all like himself, and I suspect I may have to drop him.

It's terribly frustrating when you're having one of those Just Can't Draw moments and it's one of your favorite characters. ...:(

Long story short, I'm hashing away, and hoping to make the deadline. ^^;;

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 27, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »

It is okay if you need a little more time, as long as you have a WIP to send me.  No judging or contest this year means I can format the calendar and "save" spots if I know they are coming.

If you want, send me a WIP of Skywise and I can help you see why he isn't looking like himself.  I find Skywise to be the easiest EQ character to draw of all of them, but because his facial design is so simple if even one thing is a little out of place, he ends up not looking like himself.

Oh, and everyone: my email address appears in my profile.  That is where you are sending your entries.  You can still PM me, of course, if you want.   ;)

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 27, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »

Submitted all three entries! Finished! ;D

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #408 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »

Wanting to finish my inks tonight for both pieces so I can send a WIP (and hopefullly only take a couple days on colors), but now that I've decided on how to take care of my foot debacle, the fallen leaves are being pests.  Anyone have some good tips on the tricky little buggers, or should I just buckle down for an evening of staring at autumn photos?

Jeedai

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 27, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »

Jink is done done and done!  ;D

I just sent in a draft of the combined image.

Rosalie

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 27, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »

Deir is done.
I'll try to make time for Kahvi, but with a fulltime job that will be challenging...

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »

We are past 70 entries!   :woohoo

In addition to marking the list with a DONE, now that the deadline is so close I will also mark the ones IN PROGRESS.  That way I can get a better idea of which characters are going to need some last minute love by a quick-working artist (heh... not me!)

Edit: Okay added the IN PROGRESS and we will have plenty to fill the second year!  We rock!   :jam

Now, just because we have enough with the already done and WIPs, don't stop drawing just because I don't have you in either category!  We are including everyone.  One of the things Foxeye and I are talking about is that with the publisher we are likely to use, we are going to have to create our own calendar grid pages.  If we have to do that, well heck, we are including images on those too!

Now if everyone draws the characters they say they will, then there will be more than enough for three years.   :faint
I may not get a 2014 calendar formatted before the end of this year, but it would be a possibility to save that group of entries and have it come out a little later in 2012 (may have to do that with the 2013 one, too).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:05:14 AM by Windrider »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

You can put the In-Progress thing on Minyah and Greenz. :) I might deliver a day or two late, but they will be done.

As for poor little Bowki, I might need to call that one off. no matter what i do, it ends looking like Jethel. A young Jethel.  >:(
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #413 on: November 28, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »

You can mark my Teir as in-progress. I should have both him and Ember done, if not before the end of the month, then soon after.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »

All of mine can be marked IN PROGRESS. :)  Inks are done on all (though I may fix the inks on one of them), and Mantricker is all colored, but I still have to clean those up after scanning.

You can also mark IN PROGRESS the three down for Celticgriffen - older Bearclaw, Flam, and Lehrigen.  I've seen the inks for those, and I expect she will either have them done by the deadline, or very soon after.  (I told her to get in touch with you.)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 28, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »

What do you guys think about just assuming we will have three years worth of art?  If we don't have it by the end of this month, we could certainly have it by the early months of next year.

How's about I format the 2012 as soon as possible (we have plenty of art already) and we can put it up for sale as soon as Richard gives the okay.  Then say, about mid January I can put up a 2013 and a little later a 2014?  That would give an opportunity for those are are really ill now (I've had PMs about members in the hospital), or have other Real Life problems to participate in at least the 2014 calendar.

An added advantage of this is we can see what the publisher's quality is for the 2012 calendar and maybe do a change if necessary for later years.

The disadvantage of this is a change in plans for how I am assigning the art to the weeks.  I was going to split the artists into "Team Windrider" and "Team Foxeye" so that all the entries from one artist are in the same calendar.  This was so that people who could only afford one calendar could buy the one that they are in.  We were going to offer both calendars as 2012 and then again in 2013, so you could buy whichever you like the first or second year.

While a nice idea, this is causing major headaches for me anyway.  Now what I think I'm going to do it is that if you submitted three entries, you'll have one in each calendar.  Those with six, two in each calendar.  If we are running short for 2014, some artists can submit more work in February.  All the characters will certainly get some love that way.

What do you all think?

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

@Branchscamper: Awww  :hug  I'm keeping my fingers crossed - hope you'll manage to finish Tyleet!

@Windrider: If that means we get to see the 2012-calendar ASAP, I'm all for it :D

My impatience aside, and on a more serious note: Seems like a good idea to me. If we're running short of entries for the 2014-calendar , I'm sure a lot of artists will step in to fill the slots, especially if submissions are open until february. We can repost the message regularly on facebook and the EQ forums to get the attention of new artists, too. Once the first calendar is published, I suppose even more new artists will want to participate.

Basically, though, it all boils down to what's easier for you guys organizing it all.

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »

That sounds like a great idea, Windrider.

My final two are IN PROGRESS ... still finishing up the inks on the two pinups, and have finalized the pose for Zarhan's full-body.  Admittedly, it's a bit more incentive for me to finish him, knowing that he will likely be in a different calendar from the other artist's rendition of him, as it seemed a bit silly for such a little-seen character to snag two pages in the same year.

If I don't have WIPs to you tonight, I'll have them tomorrow.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »

I think this sounds like a good plan as well.  It also seems like it makes more sense to me to try to balance the characters amongst the multiple calendars.

I also think that if the deadline is extended into next year for the 2014 calendar, we'll have no trouble coming up with enough art to fill that one.

One question -- is all of the art going to be made visible in a gallery from the start?  Or is the art that will be used in the 2013 and 2014 calendars going to be "held" until a later reveal?

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »

I hope the later calendar art will be held for a however long it takes to finish the art / formatting...ect. That way each individual calendar will get a bit of spotlight time. :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »

I finished both LongFin and Dodia and am cleaning them up a bit in PS as soon as I log off here.  So they should be to you by tomorrow if not tonight!  Also you can mark Tyleet as "in progress" as I've got some sketches down. 

However you guys want to do the calendar to make it look awesome and with minimum headaches I'm cool with it.  I kinda would love to see all this art before 2014, but if we have to keep it hidden then we do.  I would be up to providing more art if needed  :)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

I have to say, I want to see all the art that gets done by this first deadline, at least.  It's been fun watching the list get filled in, and to me, it would be a bummer to have to wait years to see some of it.

Finnguala

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART gallery
« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:46 AM »

Ahhh I just finished Krim and Little Patch! I am REALLY eager to see the finished thing! Also, I would definitly be willing to do another one if the deadline is extended. I really enjoyed working on this project, don't know why I never participated before :O

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #423 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:26 AM »

I'm really happy you managed to finish Little Patch! I'm really looking forward to your version of him. :D

I've actually made a list for myself of possible characters I want to do if more pictures are needed, so if for a 2014 calendar we get an extra month or perhaps 2, then I know who I'll draw. ;)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 29, 2011, 04:23:06 AM »

Woah, that's some news, indeed!
While I like the general idea of having a calendar for three years, I really think it would be better not to hold the art for the later calendars back.
In three years lots of interests change and maybe the later ones would just sell much less than the first one. Then the art wouldn't get any recognition and that would be a shame.
Also, it would be nice to get the chance to also print our own versions of the calendar and maybe choose a combination of characters we like best. I'd like to have the choice among all (or most of) the pictures to additionally make a calendar for my wall.
Aaaand I am so,so, so curious to see all the pictures that were announced, discussed hinted at here!   
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Up