Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590613 times)

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »

Well....I may need a taaad more time. (If you want them really awesome that is. :D) ... will send WIP's. :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »

In that case, may I send mine on the 1 st of December? On the 30 th of November I have an exam. I'll try to have them finished before that of course, but just as the final deadline?
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2011, 05:18:58 PM »

Blargh .... I got totally slammed with other stuff and if I make it for my last two, it will be by the skin of my teeth. Busy placing plants in front of the pesky parts of Willowgreen right now, and still struggling with Action!Zarhan.  Hopefully by Saturday, I'll have Willowgreen in color and can focus on the last bit of stuff.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

I just finished Ekuar and I should be able to make the deadline without any problems. Skot is pretty much finished and Spine is coming along nicely.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »

I was so hoping that Ekuar would make it into the calendar!
Good work!

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:02 AM »

What's the Facebook account name where I can find you guys?

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »

I'll see what I can do. I am aware of 30th closing in, but RL is stressful. Got no facebook stuff or anything.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »

I think I might have my last submission completed by then, but it'll be close. If not, I'll need a few days to get it completed. I can send a WIP, though.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2011, 09:13:27 AM »

Quote from: Kitt
What's the Facebook account name where I can find you guys?
We just need to get the deadline reminder out to those who only access the EQ fandom through Facebook.  Foxeye asked Richard, but I think the deadline will pass before he gets to it.  So those of you with Facebook accounts, just get a topic on the the wall of the official EQ Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/elfquest

Quote from: Treefox
I was so hoping that Ekuar would make it into the calendar!
Good work!
Maggie did an outstanding job with one of my favorite characters.  I think her Ekuar "pinup" is the most surprising and insightful entry we've got so far - a real stand-out.

Oh, and I just have to add how awesome it is to see all those entries in the gallery!  It is so neat how they look like a unified project but are all so different.

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:02 AM »

Just submitted my first two pictures!! :bounce

FINALLY!

Edit: Afke - you beat me to the posting on Facebook ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:10:55 PM by Mirror »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »

Oh duh, I remined people on my own wall. ;P Didn't realise you meant the official page. I posted on the official FB page just now. Hopefully it'll help. 2 years here we come!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »

GAH! no time to work on cutter.. Need more time.. DAMN finals and-designated baker for thanksgiving.. AHHH 2 cherry pies DONE 1 pumpkin DONE.. from scratch....... cutter NOT DONE!

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »

@Silentleaf: skimming your last post, I got the impression you were drawing cutter in a pumpkin. Like, popping out of a giant pumpkin. That would be very...halloween-ish. And weird. And possibly very cool.

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »

@Silentleaf: skimming your last post, I got the impression you were drawing cutter in a pumpkin. Like, popping out of a giant pumpkin. That would be very...halloween-ish. And weird. And possibly very cool.

I just got a mental image of a Chippendale/Wolfrider version of a stripper jumping out of a cake.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »

I remember someone doing a Cutter jack-o-lantern!

Thanks for the Facebook post, Afke.  Now can someone tell "Ginger Wood" that they need to read the guidelines if they want to participate and be assigned a character.  They seem to think that a character is up for grabs if there is no DONE by the name, and don't seem to realize that we've got a ton of artists working frantically to get that DONE put there before Dec 1st!

And yes, I do check EQ Facebook now and then, but I can't post without an account.

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »

Richard posted a reminder on Facebook from the EQ official page, just to let you know.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »

I posted a link to the Guidelines in the same post, but who knows if people will read them :P

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »

Thanks for getting the word out, guys!  We'll see if we get any last minute sign-ups.  I'm willing to extend the deadline a bit, but I really need to know that the art is coming and where it is likely to fit in the year.

Oh, and we are past 60 done entries now!  42 to go for the second year!  I've got Skywise almost done and Aurek is getting there, too.  However, I will likely be drawing Savah in December while I am formatting the calendar - one of the perks of being the organizer.   ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »

Giving up on poor Petalwing, eh?  :lol

I finally managed to make some solid progress on Teir last night, and have a 4-day weekend ahead of me, so there's hope!

Jeedai

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »

2 Jinks done as of ten minutes ago, 3rd Jink getting there.

PMing a placemarker image now.

What's that about no Petalwing :o? If the drawings are done I'd be happy to color it.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »

I'm spending the day colouring LongFin and Dodia and should have those set to send in.  OT at work and a car accident sent me far behind  :(  I'm not sure I'll have Tyleet ready.  I really wanted to have her done, but I've become very self conscious of drawing her after seeing some amazing pictures others have done.  I doubt I will do her justice as the others have  :-[

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the States!

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2011, 05:38:48 AM »

I'm spending the day colouring LongFin and Dodia and should have those set to send in.  OT at work and a car accident sent me far behind  :(  I'm not sure I'll have Tyleet ready.  I really wanted to have her done, but I've become very self conscious of drawing her after seeing some amazing pictures others have done.  I doubt I will do her justice as the others have  :-[

:( I was looking foreward to seing your version of Tyleet :( I've always loved the Venka-Kahvi-Vaya piece you did for another calender.

And...car accident?? Hope you're all right!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 25, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »

Hope the car accident only damaged the car and not you, Branchscamper!  It is still a pain dealing with getting a car fixed, but hopefully you are okay!

Quote from: Foxeye
Giving up on poor Petalwing, eh?   :lol
Well, let's just say that Petalwing is the lowest priority of my characters, the rest who are major characters and must be in the calendar.  Well, Petalwing is a major character in its own right, but not one you would expect for a pin-up!   :lol  It started off as a funny idea for the April Fools day slot.  Might still get to it, but I got a surprise visit from my sister and family this Thanksgiving weekend when I was expecting to be able to paint.

Quote from: Jeedai
What's that about no Petalwing ? If the drawings are done I'd be happy to color it.
Well, that was part of the joke - the only thing sexy about it was how it was going to be painted.  But the sketches are still pretty rough and not ready for color.  Thanks anyway!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:59:16 AM by Windrider »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2011, 08:45:02 AM »

I'm really close to drawing zombie elves again. I mean, for real this time.  :-\
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »

I'm really close to drawing zombie elves again. I mean, for real this time.  :-\

I still kinda like the idea of Zombie elves  ;)

Seriously though: if you want, I'd be more than happy to do do some C/C. I've had to ask Foxeye for that myself, it realy helps to get some fresh input!

Just send me a PM :)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27   Go Up