Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 589254 times)

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »

There's a lot of butt-crack in my drawings.... :D

Who's complaining? 8D By the way, would it be alright to draw the pinup pose with the back towards the viewer or at a 3/4 angle or similar? Venka's being awfully bashful and will rather show me her butt-crack instead of her front-rack *doh*

...yeah.

On another note, I remember someone mentioning something about the possibility of the finished calendar being published in actual planner format - is there any word on that or will it be the usual

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »

I have to interrupt this thread to cryptically say:

:jam :woohoo :jam

Windrider knows of why I do the victory dance (or she will when she next checks her inbox).

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »

I remember someone mentioning something about the possibility of the finished calendar being published in actual planner format

I'm waiting for Richard's say in this...whether he'll either help us with this end of things, or whether he'll give us permission to do it himself. I'll nudge his inbox again. :)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »

Yeah, Foxeye is da WOMAN!   :jam

Butt cracks and elf bums are just fine.  Front view, side view, back view - doesn't matter.  The more variety the better.  It would be boring if y'all used the same sexy pose.

Yeah, I drew Savah from the back (if I ever getting around to putting paint on that drawing) because it just didn't seem true to character for her to do a blatantly sexy pose, it needed to be more subtle for her.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »

:o That sounds AWESOME!!! I wonder how much more excited I can actually get about this...  :lol

I also want to add a  :beer  which I am going to have now for finishing the last one.
I think I did it!!!  :hyper

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2011, 01:37:14 PM »

ugh I'm making no progress with Cutter !! The sigh pray for some inspiration for me! it better happen soon. I'm doing extra classes right now and about to film a movie 14 days to shoot day 1. "smacks head"

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »

By the way, would it be alright to draw the pinup pose with the back towards the viewer or at a 3/4 angle or similar? Venka's being awfully bashful and will rather show me her butt-crack instead of her front-rack *doh*

I have to say that sometimes, my favorite "sexy" pictures are that back view with a look over the shoulder.  That is VERY SEXY.  (I have always thought that the interplay between the curve of the small of the back, down into the butt, is really, REALLY nice, on both men and women.)  So I fully support the idea of that for the calendar!  (I was kind of considering using it for one of my pieces as well, although I'm not decided on it.) 

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »

One of mine is definitely all about the sexy-back-and-butt, rather than cleavage. ^_^  I <3 the sexyback. Don't have any buttcrack though. :( So I'm glad others are bringing the butt-cleavage.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

Silentleaf, you're not alone... Haken doesn't really agree with me, but we've got to keep going! :D

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »

*giggles at the butt-crack discussion* This is going to be one heck-of-a calendar, I can tell already! I'm still desperately trying to get my stuffs done. I've got a solid...1/3...done on both (not including color ^^; ) But, I'm hopin' and prayin' and trying very hard to get it done! If I can at least get all the inks done before Thanksgiving, I think I can make it!

...by the way, does anyone know if WOLFRIDER was ever colored? I need to get a few color swatches. Otherwise, I'll have to get them as best I can from another source.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »

The only coloured pages are the ones Foxeye did (the Crescent ones), so for colour swatches I think you'll have to match them with other appearances.   

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:51 AM »

I think Elea was doing the coloring of the fan translated ones. Or at least I think she has the links. You could ask her. :)
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:17 AM »

Okidoki! Thanks a bunch, y'all!

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:11 AM »

Of all the stupid things that are holding up my project ... I can't seem to get one foot on Willowgreen's pinup right. Both her other poses are inked, scanned, and placed, and the rest of her pin is inked ... but that one foot is just being a total and complete pest. Even with references.

... seriously, if I can't manage to get the thing right over the weekend, I'm putting a plant there and moving on.  >:(  I'd really like to finish both her and Zarhan, and maybe even take a stab at Ikopek if I'm ahead of the game.

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 09, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »

WOOHOO apparently stating that I'm having problems kicked my self competitiveness into over drive! Cutter bust is DONE! as in the pinup, though i think i need to tweek the colors so they are cohesive.. now to sketch some moment into his life! woohooo

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »

@ Tevokkia - That's what a random plant/rock is for. :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »

Yeah, I was just gonna say, if Joselle sneakily hides feet, then it is okay for the rest of us.   ;D

Just want to give everyone a heads up; with the deadline in less than a month, we are probably going to get a number of characters whose artists find they can't draw them.  I mention this because I know there are artists here who really like Rain and right now he's just become available.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »

Oooooh, SaBM Scouter's available (though he possibly already were before people gave up characters). I'd like dibs on him!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2011, 04:55:13 PM »

Okay, Wildfire, I've updated the list!  You sure you have time to take Scouter in addition to Haken or have you had enough of Haken and want to trade?

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2011, 12:53:45 AM »

Man, I would so much like to take Rain...
If only work wasn't so darn busy at the moment!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2011, 07:06:46 AM »

:hyper Eeeee! Just noticed who's doing my favorite chief!

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:34 PM »

@Windrider, I kind of already started colouring Scouter, so I should be able to manage  :lol  I just can't get a grasp on Haken... Perhaps it's the tall, willowy build of the High Ones I find difficult.

Anyway, I'll give him another shot. If it doesn't work out I'll let you know ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 05:21:22 PM by Wildfire »

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »

@ Tevokkia: Lol, I had the excact same problem with the excact same character! Willowgreen's right foot was turning out reaaal weird.  I had to ask Foxeye for help, so now it's coming along ok, but at one point I was just going to put a big rock in front of her and say "finito".

As for the others... argh.
Let me just say that Venka doesn't have a nose anymore.
And Tanner looks high.

But. I. SHALL. get. there.

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »

I've decided to do a weekly update.
So far I've finished Reef, Tyleet is still in the rough stages, and Dart hasn't even been started yet. Though chances are Dart is gonna get done before Tyleet because she was in rough last week too.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:51 AM »

I need to fix the final layout of KotBW Venka but it shouldn't take too long when I actually get working on it.

I've sketched out Chot's (Going Back arc) portrait and action pose. About to start work on his pinup, then all three pieces will be ready for inking and then colouring :D 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27   Go Up