Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590453 times)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »

Wolfrider, do you know how to check your PMs?  Because ever since you've been posting Nightfall art in the gallery, I've been trying to contact you to see if you want the last slot open for drawing Nightfall! 

So yeah.... I'll put you on the list for Hidden Years Nightfall.   ;D

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

I was just doing a tally of the project so far.  Do you guys realize that we have 65 artists involved so far, with 170 pieces of art promised!  :faints:  This is the biggest EQ fan art project I know of, short of the fan movie!   :o

Granted, there are only 6 finished pieces submitted so far, but still.... it is months away from the deadline and usually I don't get the first submission until October.   ;D

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

:o That is... friggin' amazing! 170 pieces of art! That should hopefully draw some additional attention to Elfquest! If even half of that gets done, it would still be wonderful.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »

/tangent

This is the biggest EQ fan art project I know of, short of the fan movie!   :o

...and if there are any media pundits out there lurking for cute soundbites, NO, this fan art project is not happening because the fan movie caused a resurgence in interest!

The fan movie is AWESOME and a very significant achievement, but none of us were waiting around for them to hoist the banner to rally behind.  We've been sharing our love of EQ for many decades, and this awesome 10th anniversary event is just the culmination of that. Well, and an excuse to draw fanservice. ^_^

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2011, 01:27:23 PM »

I finally began scetching my drawings. And poor Minyah looks like a zombie.  ::) 
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Wolfrider

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2011, 09:40:34 PM »

Question: Would Hidden Years era Nightfall essentially be the same as Dreamtime Nightfall? Between the two, Wendy changed her outfit very slightly. But I like to be sure about these things. Anyway, there's more copious images of Nightfall from Dreamtime.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2011, 09:24:28 AM »

Question: Would Hidden Years era Nightfall essentially be the same as Dreamtime Nightfall? Between the two, Wendy changed her outfit very slightly. But I like to be sure about these things. Anyway, there's more copious images of Nightfall from Dreamtime.

I think so, especially as Hidden Years (if you are talking about the storyline with Ember, and not brief glimpses of Nightfall throughout the first five issues as drawn by Wendy), was a different artist altogether. :)

On a slightly different subject, someone on Deviant Art just did a pinup of one of the Original Wavedancers.  We can't include the OWD in the calendar, so sadly this can't be an entry...but that means we can enjoy it now instead of in a half year. ^_^ I <3 Sleia.

AmethystSadachbia

Wolfrider

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »

Heck, I'm already halfway done! Already drawn, scanned and put together. All I need do now is color it, which will be a big job. I can't believe how fast I'm going on my piece; it's nowhere near November still!

Oh, here's a hint of things to come with my Nightfall: the return of hot pants!  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »

Whoops... hotpants returning here as well... But hell, I really loved those on her, so why not, right? And it just looks damn sexy!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »

You can never have too much of Nightfall's hotpants. ^_^ Best pants in the whole series.

Wolfrider

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »

well, here's the thing - since I'm doing Hidden Years/Dreamtime era Nightfall, the hot pants are in accordance with her leathers from that period. They'll be green. I just had to figure out a way to show more skin, make her sexy (well, sexier than she already is) and somehow I arrived at those rockin' daisy dukes she wears back in book 2, in Sorrow's End. 'Cept, it'll be different.

by the by, could we post previews of our entries here? Or let everyone wait and be surprised?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2011, 01:46:37 PM »

by the by, could we post previews of our entries here? Or let everyone wait and be surprised?

You can share discarded ideas, but not previews of the final entry.  I think.  Windrider?

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »

After being nearly finished with the coloring on the portrait and halfway done on the pinup, I decided I didn't much care for my Willowgreen anymore and am starting over.  I'll probably post up the version I'm not using after I smooth out the pinup a bit .... minus the action shot, which I still like and plan to keep.  I think my problem is that I drew her face too wide, so she didn't really look elven enough.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »

I finally began scetching my drawings. And poor Minyah looks like a zombie.  ::) 

Zombie elves are why Foxeye and I have volunteered our services to help with anatomy and other artistic problems anyone may be having.   ;D  We are both on the judging crew (if indeed there will need to be any judging), so it doesn't ruin any surprise sharing your sketches with us.

No posting of previews of your entry publicly, though!  I guess it is okay to share discarded ideas... but personally I would wait until the big public sharing.  So much of the usual element of surprise is lost this year out of necessity that I kind of want to encourage everyone to keep whatever surprises they can.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »

And thanks for posting that Sleia pinup! It's cool to get the chance to see it. I think she might have been my favorite character in the OWD. Nice to see a pencil colored drawing!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2011, 03:48:14 AM »

Zombie elves? lol
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:42 AM »

The game just got bigger.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2011, 01:22:35 PM »

Is anyone else finding that they are drawing action pose aspect too small? Each of my pictures I've had to scale down the headshot and size-up the action shot. :P 

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2011, 02:55:59 PM »

Is anyone else finding that they are drawing action pose aspect too small? Each of my pictures I've had to scale down the headshot and size-up the action shot. :P 

I'm having to essentially just draw everything on a separate layer and size it accordingly afterward ... since the head and action elements are essentially square, and action, to me, generally suggests something either horizontal or vertical (not necessarily strongly so, but certainly not square!), I'm having trouble keeping my action shot from running outside its quarter page. I'm afraid two out of three of them are somewhat less than truly action-oriented.

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »

i am for sure foxy. sigh! i keep changing what i want them to do!

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »

The action pose always gives me the most trouble, too. As Foxeye said, I end up having to size-up the action shot. Repeatedly. And when It's finally big enough, the composition is off balance, or it's not enough space. Gah.

Anyone else has the problem that as soon as you're reasonably happy with one pose, the other two suddenly seem horrible and make you want to start the entire picture from scratch? :P

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »

Anyone else has the problem that as soon as you're reasonably happy with one pose, the other two suddenly seem horrible and make you want to start the entire picture from scratch? :P

I've started Willowgreen from scratch at least three times, the most recent of which was after I was more than half done with the colors.  But it was more that I was so happy with my lines for Graywolf and Zarhan that I was disappointed in hers by comparison.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:44 AM »

I had the same problem with Aroree! I thought the action pose was too small, but kind feedback from Windrider assured me it was okay. I really like the composition of my Aroree pic, so I was happy to be able to leave it like it was at least for now. There definitely might come the tome when I want to do it all over again...
But for me it helped a lot that I sketched the whole composition on a square paper beforehand.

Mist-eyes

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »

I had the same problem with Aroree! I thought the action pose was too small, but kind feedback from Windrider assured me it was okay. I really like the composition of my Aroree pic, so I was happy to be able to leave it like it was at least for now. There definitely might come the tome when I want to do it all over again...
But for me it helped a lot that I sketched the whole composition on a square paper beforehand.

Same here -- I think seeing the square space that you have to fill puts you in the right mindset for fitting everything in and making it flow. Good luck!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »

since the head and action elements are essentially square, and action, to me, generally suggests something either horizontal or vertical (not necessarily strongly so, but certainly not square!)

I have to disagree! There are tons of possibilities, in all three elements.
For example the action shot; if you make the character sit or squat, then the space needed will be more squareshaped. Action doesn't only mean standing or running, just make 'm do something in character and you're good.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Up