Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 589238 times)

silentleaf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »

good job foxie!

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:03 AM »

Teir (olive-skinned, loose-haired Final Quest)

Huh? Is there a pic of him somewhere avaiable? Or do you mean how he looked on the calendar pic with Ember? Don`t know which year it was. The one with the couples (or threesomes).

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »

Yeah, it's the Calendar Teir, as well as the new picture that Wendy shared from Final Quest (which hopefully we'll see more of after this weekend's presentation at Comic Con *little jig*).

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »

Off topic, but will anyone of you go to Comic Con? I'd love to, but I'm still on the other side of the ocean...

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »

I WISH! no go for me to much homework to get done.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Hello everyone!  It's been so long since I've been around and I definitely miss EQ!  I'm going to try to return more often and I also submitted a PM to join in the calendar fun ^_^  I intend to force myself to draw no matter what!

@Treefox - unfortunately I've had to avoid cons due to financial stress.  Some day...

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 12:00:28 AM »

One picture over half inked/colored.  I need to install some dancing emoticons on this forum to properly express my feelings right now.

This is like candy for artists. ^_^

*hums "sexy back" to herself*

And no, no comic con for me. :(

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

Yeah, it's the Calendar Teir, as well as the new picture that Wendy shared from Final Quest (which hopefully we'll see more of after this weekend's presentation at Comic Con *little jig*).

The pic of Teir looks great!  (Although... hey, look, I am a big proponent of "people should draw guys' nipples", but man... those are a little scary.) 

I'm a little discouraged, though, that WaRP appear to have abandoned EQ.com or the SoC in favor of FaceBook.  :(  (or, to properly express how I feel,  >:( ).  I mean, both the Moonshade picture and the Teir picture were posted on FB, not on the Scroll at all... until other Scroll posters happened to mention it. 

Would it really kill WaRP to post something to FB and then ALSO post it in the appropriate thread on the Scroll?  Why are people on the Scroll acting like it's not okay to repost the artwork in a thread there?   (There was hesitation over posting the Moonshade piece, and I'm not sure the Teir piece was ever actually posted there, except as a link.)

The same goes for whatever comes out of SDCC.  Is it really too much to ask that images, possible movies, or con reports be mirrored on the Scroll or somewhere easily findable on EQ.com, rather than just on FaceBook?  It leaves those of us who don't use FB feeling like we don't matter.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »

Ooo, I love a sexy back! Too bad that none of you is going to Comic Con to see the unveiling of the Final Quest trailer live.
Concerning WaRP's investment in the SoC I must agree. I'm on Facebook only to keep contact with my oldest friend, but otherwise I'm really not active there nor am I interested to become active. So I miss seeing the latest stuff on the Scroll or at least the homepage.
But back to the good stuff: I finished all three poses of my first one! Now I have to invest two more weeks to put them together and clean them up. ;)

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »

Re: Teir

Maybe he was really excited to see Ember? :o ;D
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Saree

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »

The pic of Teir looks great!  (Although... hey, look, I am a big proponent of "people should draw guys' nipples", but man... those are a little scary.) 
Agree!

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »

ohhhh i was so excited to maybe put something in the calendar this year! but my anatomy is so horrible and i'd hate to take a character that someone else might want and could draw better!!T_T maybe next year...

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2011, 06:03:51 AM »

ohhhh i was so excited to maybe put something in the calendar this year! but my anatomy is so horrible and i'd hate to take a character that someone else might want and could draw better!!T_T maybe next year...
Foxeye offered drawovers and critique, so give it a try! The calendar is for everyone, not only a select few ;)

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »

Foxeye offered drawovers and critique, so give it a try! The calendar is for everyone, not only a select few ;)

well...if that's the case....i guess why not. though my anatomy is still horrible...XD i'll have a look-see at whats left and take a pick or two

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »

I think ... they got suckered a little on the CMS platform that they decided to use - I tried to direct Richard to one that would have worked far better and kept the EQ community as alive as the original scroll had been, but he was getting a hard sell on the platform their webdesigners wanted to push on them.

Too bad too. It's clunky, it NEVER ported over correctly, there are STILL broken pieces all over the place, the galleries suck and don't integrate well with the forums, and it's just sad. I hate going there now, it hurts the web designer and coder in me to see that shoddy workmanship.

It will never behave the way that I think they would have liked.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:45:00 PM by Faerydae »
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »

...too...many...elves. *faceplant*

I have enough discarded poses to probably create pinups for 5 other characters...sheesh. Some poses were really hard to discard, and some which made me wonder what the heck I was thinking. One young lady just went through 10 different action poses until I settled on one, though at least her sexypose was the right one the first time I tried.  Another has gone through 4-5 poses for each aspect. Gnuh.

Just one last action pose to work out, and I am DONE with the concept/sketch phase.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2011, 05:02:22 AM »

Coming up with the poses is the part I dread the most.  :-\

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 03:04:22 AM »

Oh, I think that is the fun part! ;D
Some characters just make a pose pop up in my head, trick is to get it on paper.
I'm using various images to get it to look right, both in the sense of character likeness as anatomy.

Googling helps; for example I've used the legs of one picture that would fit right under the bust I drew earlier from scratch.

Also another tip; http://www.posemaniacs.com
If you're not sure about which muscle is supposed to go where, this site covers a lot of poses from many angles. Just click and turn to check from another side. I don't think the given poses will make good pin-ups, but some will help as action/clothed version.
Especially usefull is the handviewer ("Hands for drawing" in the menu); various hand poses you can view in the angle you need. Also the 2nd from the top is a foot you can turn and the 3rd is a head (best part of it all!), all the others are hands. Unfortunately they don't have a female version of the head (yet), but I'm sure it'll already be helpfull if you pick a different angle for the head than the usual portrait.

[Facebook] I mainly use it to keep in contact with family and friends I don't see that much (mostly because of distance). Didn't know the Pinis posted that much there. :o I've just added their official page, but I must say I'm not really interested in everything that is posted there. I'd rather just hear the highlights here. ;)

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »

That's a great site afke!  Thank you for sharing that :)

I've chosen my characters, now to force myself to sit down and get the time to draw.  I have rough ideas on what I want them all to look like, it's just getting them down on paper at this point and hope they look okay XD

I'm really excited about it and I'm anxious to see everyone else's when this comes out ^_^ 

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2011, 12:58:51 PM »

Damn! My mail believed that the notification to this place was spam, so I didn't see this before now! >:( Chot and Zey are taken. Oh well, I'll just have to choose some other characters then.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »

Hmm... Is it okay to show boobs or is that too risque? My lovelies won't really cooperate on that point >___>

EDIT: Nevermind, I really ought to read through the thread before asking such questions. Hmm... Then I'll have to think of something that doesn't look too forced. I'll manage somehow xD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:41:22 AM by Wildfire »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »

To make sure no one misses this...

From Windrider:
UPDATE:  Change of rules!  EQ Fan Art has had a massive influx of new members due to this contest, more than we could have ever anticipated.  In no way do Foxeye and I want to stifle anyone's desire to participate or produce as many entries as they wish.  So... with nearly all the characters taken already and more artists wanting to join in each day, we are going to have to open up the list to each character being taken more than once.  In order to get a good balance of lesser-known characters, every character (and character version) on the list may be claimed TWICE.  If and when almost every character is claimed twice, we will open the list for a free-for-all (check back in the fall for that).

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 10:12:06 AM »

Was just ready to post, Foxeye, and you beat me to it!   ;D

I would like to suggest that if an artist wants to claim three characters, that they choose ONE who is a favorite, then another they really like but is less of a major/popular character, and finally one character who will be a challenge for them.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »

This seems fair. 

The fact that there's so many people wanting to participate is fantastic!

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »

I am sooo incredibly excited! :D
I've seen these calenders before and I've really wanted to enter.
So hopefully I get my chance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27   Go Up