Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 589242 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »

I also am wondering about Petalwing! Hopefully however does it will get the time do get it done.
Wildfire, are you not going to join the calendar then? Would be too bad...

afke, I also think your tip is good. I am actually doing it exactly the way you described. Also helps me with not having to draw such a tiny full figure shot.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »

Well, a sexy Petalwing is going to be interesting at  least! I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the artist is going to go about it. Kudos for creative thinking! ^__^

Ah, I'm joining alright. I've got dibs on two (hopefully three) characters and I'm already working on one of them xD Would you perhaps care to do some critique along the way again?

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »

Okay, just popping in to let everyone know that I am trying to answer PMs and assign characters in the order I received them.  So if I haven't got to you... I'm working on it!

We have officially exceeded the 53 assigned characters necessary for a weekly calendar.  Whether this actually transfers into more than 53 submitted entries remains to be seen.   ;)  If it does, then that means that this will indeed be a contest and we'll have to have the usual judging panel decide who gets in (Foxeye, Richard, and I are the usual judging panel).

There are still lots of characters unclaimed.  Some hunky male Wolfriders, lots of lovely Sun Villagers, and almost all the Wavedancers!

Oh, the question of unnamed characters.  Hmm.... I was planning to have the character's name be a graphic element, but I guess we can think up something to call various characters, like "Dart's Jackwolfrider Lieutenant" or "Go-Back #6"   LOL

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »

BTW, since I'll be seeing all entries as they are uploaded, feel free to email WIPs to me if you want any critique/drawovers.

Use my jerelyn at junglefire dot com address.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:53:28 PM by Foxeye »

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »

I'd be willing to take on the final quest Leetah ... although ... what exactly do folks consider to be the final quest books?

~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »

That is the story starting later this year (we hope) as a digital online comic at elfquest.com. Wendy has shared a sketch of final quest leetah:

Presumably ALL the characters will have "final quest" versions of themselves with new outfits. Chitter will be especially interesting to see!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:02:52 PM by Foxeye »

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »

Ahhhhhh, okay! Hm. Are there any other images of that? Looks like I might have to do some guesswork on a few things, especially the colors. No wonder she wasn't snapped up. LOL.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 11:57:34 PM »

No other images, but I'd lay odds that Leetah will appear in the teaser/trailer that the Pini's have said they'll be showing at ComicCon this summer.

The Final Quest versions of characters are a bit of a long shot, but if it *does* start to go live this fall, I imagine that some people would be enthusiastic about drawing the new "versions" of characters. :)

Course, in this teaser she's wearing yet another outfit, soooo..well, it's Leetah. She's a clothes-horse. ^_^

Elea

• Treewee
  • World through the eyes of rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 08:39:25 AM »

OMG! My heart - broken into pieces! I do not know who to draw! Give me a character, please! Well, at least someone who has not taken ...  ???

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »

Elea, I PMed you.  We'll work something out for you!

The character list is filling up fast.  Remember that not all the characters are on the list.  You can read through Blood of Ten Chiefs, Wavedancers, Future Quest, etc to find lesser known characters.

Remember that the characters on the list are not really "taken" until there is a DONE by their name!  Around September 1st, I will be contacting artists who have not yet submitted any entries and ask how they are coming along.  At that time, there may be an influx of newly unclaimed characters because of Real Life interfering with artists getting their characters drawn.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:05:31 AM by Windrider »

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »

Aww this is exciting. Sooo many elves! Also interesting concept to give 3 and if these are done people can do more. Sounds reasonable to me.
Just sad that Venka is already in the old calendar. I mean, why leave them out?
But anyway, I hope we get to see all entries. And I see that a lot are already taken. Heh. Seems people like the idea.
Wow, Ekuar is already taken. Now that might be an interesting outcome.
Few left. Now I just needed practise and time. :/
Damn even if decided to try all characters would be taken. The only really free area is WaveDancers probably since not so many people had access to it. Even the High Ones that just had appearance in one of the HYs are taken. Wow, this is going fast and I guess people really love the theme. :)

Elea

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »

Windrider, it is very sad ...
We, in Russia, came out only "The Original Quest" (number 1-5). Therefore, we only know the story, as Cutter met Leetah. All the other stories we know, because we have an irregular fan-interpreters, who work round the clock. They (translators) so far translated only "Siege at Blue Mountain", so ... I think that those who will draw this year because of our (I, EkaGO, Anna Phoenix, and possibly, Lina LaPina, David Kristens) - may face a problem: we may not be accurate in the detail of the characters.
Well, we will collect "Operational Headquarters" and think of something. On the other hand, more importantly, an opportunity to participate in the creation of the calendar. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to join the world ElfQuest.

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »

If it helps any, Elea, the full run of the comics is available to be viewed at Elfquest.com. You may not be able to make out all of the text, but, Wendy Pini's imagery is so good, characteristics should be easy to follow.
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Elea

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:31 PM »

Dear Multimedea, if I knew more English language - it would be wonderful))))

I am think, that Russian cope with the task. We any times do the "impossible" ))))). It's not a competition "who will make the picture better, cool, faster"? Personally, I just enjoy drawing on ElfQuest. Tell me: "Lea, draw us rocks and trees!" and I'll paint the stones and trees. I do not pretend to "pivot" characters (though they reveal much simpler), but when almost everyone is busy, once i am start to get lost: a choice to make ... Whom draw?! (<= that was sarcasm )))).

amee

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »

I'm so excited about this I think I scared my boyfriend with my enthusiasm. I haven't taken part in the fan-art calendar in years, but now I've got the time and space to do so. I even have a little studio with a drafting desk to work with, so I'm all about it!

I sent in my character requests via PM; two of them aren't on this list yet. Think outside the box and you'll likely find someone you love that nobody's thought of yet ... ;)

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »

OH wow this is so great! i'm even drawing a guy! and its going well so far!! oOOOO so happy.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 03:21:13 AM »

Oh, now you mention it I don't recall seeing a male character from you. I am so lookign forward to seeing everybody's entries!! 6 months seem like a long time though I am afraid that they're going to pass too fast in the end.
My first entry is also coming along. I am facing more technical problems than artistical ones (okay also artistical ones). The sheet of paper I was coloring on just gave up and now I can only hope to fix it with Gimp.
Also, why do my final drawings never look as good as my sketches?  ::)

amee

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:57 AM »

There's something in sketches that I've always found to hold the original passion and spirit intended by the artist, and I strongly believe that's the most important aspect -- if technical accuracy was the key ingredient to good art, Picasso would never have been regarded as a visionary, and nobody would understand stylized comic book proportions. :)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »

There are a number of you who are patiently waiting for me to confirm your character choices.  Be patient!  I am trying to juggle some characters choices made early so everyone who wants to participate has a reasonably well known character.  Some of you guys are being forced into choosing characters even I don't know!

So many artists want to participate that I am going to be opening up the characters that Wendy has already done.  Mind you, I wouldn't want to do them - because who wants to be compared with Wendy!?  (Anyway, that was the original thinking for excluding them).  But some of you might want to put your own twist on those characters.

So... if anyone wants one of the characters on Wendy's list, PM me.  If you have already picked three characters, you have to give up one of them in order to claim a new one.

Also, recheck the list.  So many characters have been in EQ a long time and have undergone many changes - so I've put other versions of those characters as possible choices

That should put more character choices back on the table!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:32:29 AM by Windrider »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

Holy moly, there are some DONE's! :D

Almost ready to start coloring parts of one of mine, but of course I keep bouncing between pieces.  This is so much fun. ^_^

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 10:24:05 AM »

There are DONE'S? No kidding! Nope, I'm not feeling any pressure.   ;D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »

YIKES! well good on them. I'm SOO busy right now I'm taking extra classes. but i at least have some good lines done for my hunky elf man. PURRR Super excited. must finish paper so i can draw as a reward!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »

Faerydae, there is a decent pic on Wendy's Facebook page of banner with Leetah in color. check it out.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »

Faerydae, there is a decent pic on Wendy's Facebook page of banner with Leetah in color. check it out.

Link?!  I must be looking at the wrong facebook page (or else my lack of a facebook account is biting me in the rump).

Edit: Och, nm, found it.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:38:39 AM by Foxeye »

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »

DONE's? That's a bit terrifying O.o But hey, it looks like people like the idea! Hopefully it won't be a problem getting enough art this year!

(If the "Some of you guys are being forced into choosing characters even I don't know" thing applies to my final character as well, then no worries, I'll be glad to draw her! If you already put her on the list then nevermind, I must be going blind :P
EDIT: Actually, nevermind that. I'll send you a note in a few minutes)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:40:25 AM by Wildfire »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Up