Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calendar for 2012?  (Read 12936 times)

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
Calendar for 2012?
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »

Maybe I missed it but was there not going to be a Fanart Calendar next year? I was curious because I hadn't seen any postings for it ^^;
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: Calendar for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:11:07 AM »

Me too!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »

I'm back from galavanting around the tropics and have been mulling over the calendar question.  2012 will be the calendar's 10th anniversary.  I am up for formatting at least one more calendar.

But my question to the artists is: are you guys happy with participating just for the pleasure of creating the art?  Because I have been increasingly disappointed with the lack of exposure the calendar gets from official channels at EQ.com.  Richard doesn't seem to "get" that publishing the calendar in his album is not in any way the same as having it part of the official content on its own page under "Fan Fare" like the old site.  I feel bad for you artists that you don't get hardly any comments on your calendar work on the Scroll and precious few views even in the gallery there.

So what it comes down to is: are you all fine with doing it just as a EQ Fan Art project?  Because that is what it essentially boils down to.

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »

Gallivanting around the Tropics! you lucky woman that sounds like a lot of fun ^^

I am perfectly okay with it just being essentially an EQ fanart  project, I hardly spend any time over at the scroll since they revamped it >.< I'm sure I would like it fine if I just spent a bit more time there but there are other things I would rather be doing Like drawing lol I would very much like to participate in the tenth year of the Calendar and I'll to my best to come up with more than one entry this year and hopefully get them done early so I'm not rushing during the last week. We should discuss this more ^^ and figure out whats to be Done

Also thankyou Windrider for being willing to format again, you always do such a beautiful job and are so patient with those of us who like to procrastinate *looks around guiltily*
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »

Depending on the theme, I'm game for doing it for the sake of the art itself, especially since this is the 10th anniversary.  :) 

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:32 AM »

Yeah, me too.  I like the challenge and the excuse (/prompting) to create canon fan-art.  I feel more a part of the community here at EQFA than I do at the Scroll, since the revamp, unfortunately. 

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:37:46 AM »

I am all up for the challenge and the pure fun of creating and sharing the art and my vision of the topic with the people here. Should less people take part because of little exposure to the public it would be a bigger motivation for me to finally contribute my own piece of work. I have become estranged from the Scroll since the revamp as well. This is pretty sad, because I did love the old place and used to post quite a lot.
Windrider, I am very happy to hear that you would also make the effort of formatting another calendar. Yay!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »

I'm in for the art! AND lets MAKE this the BEST year YET!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 01:42:08 PM »

Okay, Foxeye and I have been talking this over and we are hatching a plan to make this calendar very different from any in the past.  We hope it will be really fun and get lots of people involved.  We are not ready to reveal the plan yet, but I'll give you some hints:

It will be both easier and more difficult on you artists.

Easier in that you won't have to sweat over ideas on what to draw for a difficult theme - super easy theme.  Likewise, compositions aren't going to be too complex either.  I know some of you liked the challenge of creating ambitious pieces of art for the calendar, but this year we are going for FUN.

It will be more difficult for you artists, because we want LOTS of entries from you.  That's right, one or two submissions isn't going to cut it.  The images will be simpler, so we want to see you guys putting pencil to paper (or stylus to tablet, as the case may be) and submit four or five entries!  There will be no limit on the number of entries each artist can submit - and in fact, there won't likely be a contest - everyone is in!

Some of you calendar regulars are going to be getting a message from me, just to see if Foxeye and I are crazy or if this idea will really work.

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »

Im in.
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

I'm definitely up for it! In fact, I can't wait! ;D

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 12:42:48 PM »

Oh wow, this sounds very very interesting! I'm definitely in! <3

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 08:01:38 AM »

I'm getting more and more exciting about this. I sooo want to do this!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »

we need DETAILS!!

Sweetwater

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

I'm in!!! My first time ever!

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »

i had only really discovered the EQ fanart calendar last year...and got my first one by christmas of '10! now we're halfway through the year and the entire time,i can't stop thinking that i HAVE to set my 20 dollars aside to get the new one,after i lovingly pack this old one away so i can keep the beautiful artwork to look at...especially september,with beautiful pregnant Moonshade.looking forward to that month...XD and the whole time,i've been thinking how much i would love to try and submit some art that might have a slim chance of getting in the calendar! i don't care if no one ever says my art looks awesome...i want the EQ fanart calendar to go on for atleast ten more years! XD cue stirring music for the fanatic fan's speech now,yes? rofl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up