Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer for the Final Quest  (Read 8238 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Trailer for the Final Quest
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »

Especially for all who are not on Facebook. The trailer for the Final Quest is out!

Elfquest Final Quest teaser

Wow... I have to process this in my brain first before I can say much about this. This sure gets me speculating...

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Trailer for the Final Quest
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »

Looks like its going to be great! though, I think i already miss the old school ink line art from the comics. they all have a very Flash art feel. But i wont complain! FINAL QUEST YES!

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »

Oh yay!

Wooo, Windkin is back!

Rayek is...short? That there says something about the timeline, to be sure.

And Ember is kidnapped. By zombies. 

Well, now we know what was freaking Cutter out. Zombies.

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

Elfquest 2011: Trolls vs. Zombies!
The Game Just Got Bigger.
(and it's freakin' Cutter out)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »

Now now Kael, you know that's how rumors get started.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:37 AM »

Elfquest 2011: Trolls vs. Zombies!
The Game Just Got Bigger.
(and it's freakin' Cutter out)
:D
That would be new!

Moonshade is SO PRETTY I have no words for it. But I'm a bit worried about the knowing glances between her and Strongbow. Remember Dreamtime? I'm so afraid she's going to die :(

The Palace vs The Way is going to be  difficult for most of the Wolfriders. They fought so hard for their right to have both and now they have to choose? Ouch...

Venka's with Rayek and Ekuar? Wow, I expected her to be out searching for Kahvi and Rayek and Ekuar travelling Abode on their own.

Skywise's headband makes me giggle, but it is fitting with a star.

Windkin's back! I wonder if he's still grumpy and hard-headed or if he's matured a bit. Fly-boy's got his wings back.

It's apparently continuing the Wild Hunt timeline it seems. Ember's still wearing the "Recognition" outfit and her tribe is seen in the background. Also, Brill's holding a baby so it must be 2-3 years after Discovery.
I'm pretty confused as to what Rayek is doing there though, what will that mean to Rogue's Curse? Will it still be canon? 

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »

Either the Pini's are playing fast 'n loose with timelines, or this story does do several time hops. 

In Discovery Ember was still in her "bikini babe" outfit, as I like to call it, whereas her Recognition outfit is decades in the future. Long enough to go through many outfit changes and for a human infant (from Mender's Tale) to age enough to grow stubble (in Recognition). 

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »

But we're talking HUMAN zombies! All the more suspense. I must say from what I've seen so far, at least I like the character's outfits better than the previous ones.  ;)
And that's Windkin! Of course! I just thought of Tyldak and was quite confused.
I am so happy to see a much better linework than the digital coloring in SatS, for example.
Hm, from this trailer I would also assume that Moonshade will die. But Wendy said on Facebook that the trailer will be full of misleading clues. So, who knows? Zombies after all?
And I noticed about Rayek... hm... must be earlier than Rougue's Curse...
Man, but really, I cannot say how much I am anticipating this! Final Quest! I mean woohoo!

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »

I'm incredibly excited about this, and is there any set date for this or just 2011?

Larialoyla

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »

I know so many ways that this story could freak me out (I remember being positively crushed when I first read issues 16 and 17 of the original Quest... I was still a kid back then, and I couldn't really cope with all that death and grief)...

It will be bittersweet, this final quest, the potential loss of some of my beloved characters and then... No more EQ?

... Or will it ever be over?

(I'm also curious about the date, do we know anything about when this final chapter will possibly be available?)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »

At WonderCon Wendy's answer to this question was "this fall" and Richard made noises that she was being optimistic. With her injury I have to now assume it's late fall at the very earliest.

And Wendy has even hinted on the Facebook page that they may decide to skip the web comic release (possibly for legal reasons...? she wasn't clear) and just go straight to print, in which case I'd expect it to be available muuuch later than this year.

Still, the fact that they are doing publicity for it is a good sign. :) I wouldn't be surprised if we continued to get little glimpses.

I also remember her saying that Final Quest is not necessary The End of elfquest for all time. There may be smaller, less grandiose stories still to come. It's just that this is the Big One that they need to tell to finish what started with the Original Quest.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:32:45 AM by Foxeye »

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:17:42 AM »

I hope we get to find out who Jink is in some way shape for form.
Pages: [1]   Go Up