Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firefly Stories  (Read 3970 times)

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
Firefly Stories
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »

I've not used to write stories so this is some of my first stories.
So I hope you enjoy.

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
Re: Firefly Stories
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:21 PM »

Firefly's Powers

The candle’s light flickered restlessly as the furs stirred, though neither men stirred from their sleep. A pale naked Elvin woman pulled her head out from under the furs. Slowly pulling herself out from under the blankets, Firefly moved over to the opening of the den she shared with Dart and Kimo. Leaning on the den entrance, she saw no movement she should be concerned about. She stared out at the sun, the light playing across her exposed skin.
She loved the sun, and the heat it brought. Firefly reached out to a nearby candle and with a flick of her finger the candle flared extraordinarily. Sighing, she allowed the candle to resume its normal gentle burn. It was this that separated her from her tribe, she was a fire starter. Ever the opposite of her Sire, Redlance, the tribe’s resident tree shaper. Firefly loved her Sire even more for this, for not rejecting her. She could still remember when her abilities presented themselves to her...
“Firefly... Firefly!” Called Nightfall, her Mother, “Come here Cub!”
Out of a large pile of snow came a small version of the fully grown Firefly, brown braids soaked from the melting snow she had been playing in, while the rest of her kept warm by the fur lined winter leathers she was wearing. She was little more than 7 turns of seasons old and enjoying every moment.
“Yes, Mother?” She said bright nosed and smiling.
“I told you not to be out here, the storm is too strong.” Nightfall said sighing at her daughter, “I have a task for you.”
Taking her cub’s mittened hand she walked her back to the father tree, pushing through the slowly increasing snow fall. As they came up to the Father Tree Firefly noticed a number of tribe mates including their chief at one of the dens at the base of the tree. Hurrying forward as best she could Firefly came to stand between her Sire, and Cutter, their Chief.  Slowly her Mother came up behind her.
*This is the task cubling.* Her Mother sent, placing a hand on her shoulder.
Their Chief continued for Nightfall, *Firefly you need to stay in the den with Shuna. She was out here coming to visit when the snow covered the entrance to the troll caves. We have to uncover it after the storm*He sent to her, showing Firefly, a frail and aged Shuna.
“I CAN DO THAT! I CAN DO THAT!” Firefly shouted happily. It wasn’t often that a cub was needed for something. Hurriedly she climbed into the den with the shivering Shuna. She climbed into Shuna’s lap, hugging as much as she could of the woman with the small arms. “Shuna! I’m here to keep you warm!”
After what seemed like hours, Firefly unwrapped herself from Shuna. She stretched and walked over to the den’s opening and pulled back the leather cover. From what she could tell she thought it was day light, though one couldn’t really tell because the storm was raging worse than ever. Looking back over at Shuna Firefly bit her lip, it almost looked like Shuna was turning blue. Even she knew that wasn’t the proper colour for a human.
“It’ll be okay Shuna...” She said rather unconfidently.  
Firefly climbed back onto her lap. Shuna wrapped her arms around her immediately, trying desperately not to freeze. Firefly wanted to cry she didn’t know what to do. At this rate Shuna would die, and she would fail her family and Chief. Firefly needed to keep her warm but how? She slammed her fists on her knees.
The next thing she hadn’t expected, Shuna hadn’t made a sound since she entered the den. Now, she yelped. Firefly opened her eyes to see what had bought such a sound from Shuna’s lips. Only to see the cause of her sound was Firefly’s hands. They were covered in Fire.
“By The High Ones!” She exclaimed, staring at her hands. Firefly then smiled at Shuna, “This’ll keep you warm!”
Firefly sat patiently in Shuna’s lap holding her hands out in front of her keeping them both warm until her parents came to fetch them. Not long after that was she was taken to the palace and started her training under Timmain and Savah.
...Firefly smiled serenely remembering the incident. Two pairs of hands suddenly wrapped about her tugging her away from the den opening, making her smile even more broadly.
“Lovemate, you are always looking at the sun when you could be creating more heat in here.” Dart said teasingly. Kimo on the other hand ran his hands along her body.
Giggling Firefly had to cave. Turning from the heat of the day, she looked at her two lights and wrapped the three of them in furs. *I would like nothing more.* She sent, knowing only truth could be in an elf’s sending.
Pages: [1]   Go Up