Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: V1.0 - is anything borked?  (Read 15636 times)

Flowerstar

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: V1.0 - is anything borked?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »

:-[ Err ... Okay, then I need to do that *feels really, really daft*.
Humour is reason gone mad. (Mark Twain)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

Don't feel daft. :P  I made it hard to figure out on purpose. ;)

I fixed the problem where mature items were showing up under "unseen". Still trying to reproduce the other problem...

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 06:05:36 AM »

I got this error when I tried uploading a picture to the gallery today.

----------------------------------

Zero-Sized Reply
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.elfquestfanart.com.alias/index.php?
The web server did not return any data for this request. This typically indicates a bug with the site programming causing the server to abort the request without sending any data in response.
If this message persists, please contact the site operator for assistance. If you are the site operator, please review the relevant FAQ entry for possible causes and solutions.
Generated Fri, 01 May 2009 13:03:32 GMT by vhost.phx.nearlyfreespeech.net (squid/2.6.STABLE22)

----------------------------------

Plus I'm not sure if it's just me, but the pwetty background disappears from the lay-out if I browse too much through the site. When I go back to the main gallery page or the main forum page, it's back again.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:08:01 AM by afke »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 08:35:29 AM »

I got this error when I tried uploading a picture to the gallery today.

That's not good. Did you get it more than once?  If so, does it still occur? I uploaded a file just now with no problems, but it may be something admin's don't see. I'll try it in a bit with "bob".

Plus I'm not sure if it's just me, but the pwetty background disappears from the lay-out if I browse too much through the site. When I go back to the main gallery page or the main forum page, it's back again.

That's intentional. :) I make it go away when you are reading a thread or looking at a picture, so that you won't have to scroll down so much (and so that it won't distract you from the important content).

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »

That's not good. Did you get it more than once?  If so, does it still occur? I uploaded a file just now with no problems, but it may be something admin's don't see. I'll try it in a bit with "bob".

I tried 3 times, but got the same. And I gave it another try just now, but got the error again.
There's not some file size limit that might cause this?

[Edit] I tried a different picture and that one did get uploaded. I tried the first one again but that one still won't. ???
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:47:05 AM by afke »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »

There is a file size limit (1024 KB), but it's supposed to just tell you that.

The "alias" and "vhost" bit makes me wonder if it's something to do with our webhost doing a bit. This is something for Irianta to troubleshoot, though unfortunately he's stuck in meetings right now.

Looks like you did finally manage to upload something. Did you try something different (browser, filesize, etc)?

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »

Unfortunately this is just a symptom of a larger issue. We are working on a remedy, but it's a rather major operation that is going to take a little while to execute.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2009, 07:47:01 AM »

Looks like you did finally manage to upload something. Did you try something different (browser, filesize, etc)?

I had 2 pictures I wanted to upload, and after finding out the 1st just wouldn't, I tried the 2nd and that one went up without a problem. So I still have another picture waiting to go online.
1st was 151 kb and the 2nd 80 kb. Both are JPG, 1st is almost a year old now. I don't see what other differences there might be between them..?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up