Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Treefox's non-EQ stuff  (Read 32897 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Treefox's non-EQ stuff
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »

I love the headdress of the last one and her hair is beautiful :3 The first one is very lovely as well, especially their faces as Faerydae said. And the second one's got awesome clothes :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »

Thanks guys! Feedback on my non-EQ stuff is especially sweet!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »

Am still considering if I really want to post it, because it's kind of embarrassing. Some time ago my sister uploaded a comic she and I made way back in 1997. We used to collaborate a lot, because she is a passionate writer and I always loved to draw and we both like Elfquest (she introduced me to it). So she wrote and I drew. In this case I guess the writing is much better than the art... and it's sadly only in German. Anyway, it is the last part of a trilogy about a tribe of plane-dwelling elves. This one is actually the earliest time line wise. My sister and I were talking about the trial of head, hand and heart and decided to make our own version of it. So in this case the tribe is searching for their new leader by using a similar challenge.

http://nikaesque.chaosgoettin.de/comic/comic01.htm

Even when I finished it back in 97 I found that I had used way too many browns... It really hasn't got a lot of contrast and I'd rather not start on anatomy, perspective and things like that... But there are things that I like. The flow of the panels isn't bad methinks and also just expression and emotion-wise there are some things that I can still look at and be satisfied. And I was able to draw at a small scale at that time! When did start to loose that skill I wonder? And even more amazing: I actually got a comic done! My drawing was much more efficient. So future plan: learn to draw smaller, be more efficient.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:14:57 AM by Treefox »

Mist-eyes

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »

Thank you for sharing! You did a great job on crowds and mood and emotions in your comic for sure! You could also really see the thought in the lighting. I loved how detailed the curly hair was and her lips as well - lots of emotion there! It's so satisfying to see finished products :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »

*mega blush* Gosh... thanks so much! Thanks for taking the time to read. In a way I guess a part of my embarrassed self was hoping people might ignore the tiny link. Yeah, but it's good to put out there just to show that I did comics once and I actually managed to finish things.  :D

Sweetwater

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 09:04:27 AM »

Treefox! i've always admired your art!  But now i'm literally speechless the mermaid on the last page is beautiful! i love her ears and her scales!! Its sooo pretty!!!! AH! Keep up the great work! :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »

That is very flattering! Yeah, mermaids are good to me. Try it out! They are fun to draw. No gravity, no legs!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »

The last one of the vampire stash reminds me a lot of how I view Akasha, the vampire queen from the vampire chronicles. (Actually the only vampire series I halfway cared about. Book one was blah, second was good, third awesome, never finished the fourth...)

Anyway, I love the way you handle colors. It is so alive and pretty. :D

I can't read German, despite having worked in Munich for a short period in 2009. I do recognize some words, and others are so close that I can understand it. I think I get the main message. I do agree that there is perhaps a little too much brown certain places, but I think it is alright. The creatures they're domesticating are really colorful and pretty.

Looking forward to seeing the finished calendar pics! :D
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08:43 PM »

This comment has made my day (which was horrible so far)! Thank you! Thanks for taking the time to look at the comic. Yeah, those "Peekhooves" were quite a neat design, I think. Some color finally! I guess I did watch too many Tim Burton movies back then, though...
So, you worked in Munich? Wow! As I am from Northern Germany I don't know Munich very well, but from the few times I have been there at least I gather it is very beautiful and expensive. I hoped you enjoyed your time there.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry your day was bad. Can I cheer you up with Chandeen's version of In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated?Chandeen - In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrvpdkF17c#]Chandeen - In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated[/url] Of course, as good at it is, it cannot beat the original Brendan Perry - In Power We Entrust The Love Advocated (from Dead Can Dance"The Hidden Treasures"). but Chandeen's version is like a bath to take away aches.

Almost a year ago I stumbled upon my first comic, written when I was fifteen. It is so fun to find old treasures like that. For me it was a mix of emotions. First the "oh, I remember this, I was so proud," over to the "I was to artistic" with sarcasm, "I was not inspired by ElfQuest at all" with sarcasm again, "plot, where are you," to outright laughter. Not sure if yours did, but I'm sure you had fun reading it over.

As much as I like the Tim Burton movies, he shines best in The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.

I loved Munich. (gah, it is so odd to spell it that way and not München like they do in Norwegian and German.) Little awkward sometimes, working behind the counter and not speak the language enough. Ended up with some bad German, some Norwegian, tiny bit of Italian and french, apologetic smiles and a lot of waving arms. (Actually the ones who knew English was a lot more rude than those who couldn't, come to think of it.)  :lol Good times...
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 03:59:44 AM »

Sorry for the late reply! Really am too busy lately.
You don't want to share that comic, do you? *is not curious at all*
Glad you liked München, to keep it German;)
Hehe, I believe your comment about rudeness. Were you able to understand Southern German English? When people from Bayern speak English, I sometimes don't understand a word... Not that I would understand their German!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »

I found them rather easy to understand. Most of the people at least. One thing which I appreciated was how people tried to speak English. I've been other places where they speak okay English, but don't dare to use it. Which actually happened in Berlin when I was sixteen and very lost...

:lol Okay then, I'll have the comic up soon.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »

I have to say I absolutely adore this picture. :love The hues of blue give it such a sense of quietness and calmness.
And I just dig the trees!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »

Woot! I never saw that comment! Thank you! That is one of the few pictures I still like as much as when I first drew it. But I must say that the style of those trees is really taken directly from the Last Unicorn. Not my concept, sadly.

Here is another picture that I just re-discovered and still quite like. My made-up comic character Yuuki ( ::))

That bow so doesn't work. But I was aware of that when I drew it. I just wanted it to look cool. :D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »

I was going to say that I liked that you used the name for snow, with something completely opposite, when I saw the double u. Courage, isn't that what it means?

Anyway, I love how the image screams in rage.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »

Wow. O.O Amazing. The fire, her pose, her expression, the colours... :o makes for an incredible picture.
Also, I loooove the mountain. (?)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »

Courage, isn't that what it means?

Exactly!

And thanks to you both! Making her name "yuki" would have been way too original for me, I guess. Also, at the time me and my sister invented that
character, anime and stuff wasn't as popular as nowadays, so at that time there was a slight hint of originality to it.

Also, I loooove the mountain. (?)

Haha, I am also not so sure about that, either... something was-once-lava-ish-thingy...?

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 05:12:55 AM »

Doh. I didn't notice she has her left leg on the 'mountain.' XD I just thought she was in the middle of an pose. *Hangs head in shame.*

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 06:13:51 AM »

Cod, I just checked the translations, yuuki is one of those words which changes meaning if you use different tones. It didn't say which syllable or tone which said that or this, but it can either mean evoke, courage or organic.  :lol

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »

Haha! Ahh, the depth of the Japanese language. :D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »

It's my tragedy that my language learning ability is so painfully slow. I want to learn them all.

Tatsunootoshigo. Means bastard's son of a dragon. We call it seahorse.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »

:lol

Tynami

• Zwoot
  • Nutty SeaElf
    • View Profile
    • Kat's Legends Dollhouse
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 06:25:48 AM »

I think of all these, my favorite part art the mermaid, I can't help loving sea elves :D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »

Posting this drawing from 2000, also posted this in the Scroll of Colors, but I still like it!
The story that goes with it: when I was staying in Japan, there was a challenge to draw a monster based on song titles of my favorite Japanese band. You also had to make up a story describing the monster's personality/skills.

So, here is what I came up with. The name is "Devil Lies and Truth". This monster is tiny in reality and inhabits people's ears. There it influences people's emotions by whispering either the truth or a lie about whatever in their ear. It feeds on the emotional turmoil it creates.
Guess which head tells the truth and which tells the lies. :D

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2012, 04:12:59 AM »

I so want a plushie of thatone. :D

Hmm...I think the beastly green one is the one who tells the truth and the brown cute one tells lies.
The Brown makes me think of child's toy, and that would make it incredibly disturbing if it's telling gruesome lies. Beyond jarring!
Of course, that's just how my mind sees it.
Going the normal route, the brown one is the truth teller and green one is the liar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up