Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Treefox's non-EQ stuff  (Read 32892 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Treefox's non-EQ stuff
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »

As I haven't really done anything EQ related lately (meaning basically the last 2 years), I figured I could at least post some of the super-kitsch that I painted for various occasions. This one I must admit I'm rather proud of. This was done for the wedding of a good friend. She loves The Last Unicorn and so I decided to give her a unicorn related drawing for her wedding. Not that difficult, because I absolutely love that movie as well.

This was actually drawn directly into her wedding card. That paper was horrible to draw on! Still, I'm quite proud of how it came out in the end. But, oh, the kitsch... ah well.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:19:44 PM by Treefox »

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Treefox's non-EQ stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:59:16 AM »

THE LAST UNICORN!! love it!

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »

Get out! I just watched The Last Unicorn last night 'cause I found a super-cheap copy of the 25th anniversary dvd at a local store. Brought back lots of memories. I love how you captured the Rankin-Bass stylized backgrounds, with their almost pointillist-tapestry look. Last Unicorn/EQ would make for a great crossover.
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

Wow! Thanks! And also I'm really surprised that you know the movie! Usually I find that it is hardly known outside of Germany. It was a big hit here, so everyone knows (and often loves) the movie. It is the first movie I recall seeing and I loved it soooo much, still do! I must admit though, this one of the really, really rare cases that I like the German dub better than the original version. Christopher Lee did the voice of Haggard in English and German! He rules!
Have you notices that the pointillist-tapestry look is only used in the unicorn forest? Ah, that film's animation is sadly not top notch, but there are so many small, wonderful things you can notice. I just love how lyric it is and that it has such a bitter-sweet ending. *sighs* Could go on forever about this movie!

Last Unicorn/EQ would make for a great crossover.

Woot! Bring it on!

Windschatten

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »

I like the German dub better than the original version.

Same here! I was surprised how ... awkward I found the English dub. Well expect from Christopher Lee of course .. yeah he DOSE rock. That voice.. *sigh* I still want to struggle the idiot who said he has to make a casting for his own voice in the German LOTR dub <_< We didn't get him for Saruman  :'(

However. This picture made my heart flutter :D I love this all in blue tone. and the Unicorns .. your style fit them very good!!! :)

All in all .. just love it!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »

Thank you, Windschatten! It would have been so wonderful, if Christopher Lee would have done Saruman in German as well! But maybe he just to busy nowadays.

Windschatten

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »

In fact he wanted but found it insulting and ridiculous to go for a cast for his own voice. It seemed the guy who was responsible for the voice cast didn't know he talks German ^^'

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:00:27 AM »

What, really? What a bummer!  Interesting story, I really didn't know that.

Windschatten

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »

I don't guarentee it'S true I heard it secon handed.. but I could imagine ^^'

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »

Squeeeeee!!  So much love for this!  It absolutely glows!!  And sure, this movie was uber popular in America, at least when I was little.  (When I was four I was head over heels for the butterfly, who in English sings part of "Has anybody here seen Kelly, K-E-double L-Y..." ...which is my name, so I felt special).

Also I heard a rumor they were gonna making a live-action version of Last Unicorn, and I think using some of the (English) voice actors as live actors... only in older parts.  Like, Mia Farrow as Molly Grue, etc (but still Christopher Lee as Haggard!).  I even saw an official webpage for it once, but that was something like 4 years ago.  Maybe they abandoned the idea.  Cry.

But your picture is absolutely stunnning, and I can't believe you did that on the inside of a card!  Beautiful!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:25 AM »

Haha, cool! Thank you! It's actually quite nice to hear what other people think about this movie.

"Has anybody here seen Kelly, K-E-double L-Y..." ...which is my name, so I felt special).

Aww, I would have felt special, tool. How cute! I really liked that butterfly as a kid, but nowadays I'm slightly ambiguous about it, because I'm not sure how the humor and the anachronism really fit in with the rest of the movie. But on the other hand it's part of what makes it so special. So I guess I like it. :D

Concerning the live-action movie, I was following that excitedly. But they sadly scrapped the project a couple of years ago...

and I can't believe you did that on the inside of a card!

Neither can I, believe me... It was hell! I was cursing like a sailor all the time. That paper was cruel, I tell you, cruel! Actually I tried to erase the bend in the middle that is still visible in the original scan. I even colored the envelope of the card. That paper was much nicer on my nerves:

Of course I added the names of the couple in the end.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:18:49 PM by Treefox »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »

So so so beautiful...makes me wish they sold stationary with your art on it. :) 

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »

I just love it! it makes me think something magical or maybe... GASP  even an ELF! might be about to step out of the fantastical light! I'd love to see some more of your style! oh.. and anything purple makes me happy!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »

Whee! Thank you. I would enjoy making stationary, if they'd only let me. ;)

oh.. and anything purple makes me happy!

You see, I knew that.  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »

Found some more things I might post here. These are illustrations that I've done for a publishing company that focuses on erotic novels for women. My friend writes for that company and suggested that I could do some illustrations. The publisher accepted and so I am still doing some stuff for them.
These two are for the first two books, that both take place in Tokyo and are loosely tied together. The good thing for me: the publisher wants exactly the kind of cliché kitsch that I can do! ^___^

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:12:56 AM by Treefox »

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »

I really love your use of color! It's so sweet and intimate and just makes you feel nice when you look at it. Very peaceful and serene <3

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »

Oh yes, this was one of the three pictures I drew last year. Again for my good Last-Unicorn-loving friend. Again this was drawn directly on a post card. This card was actually meant for water colors.

My scanner was broken at that time, so I could only take a photo...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

So, I now have the chance to show my latest mermaid here. This will again be published in an erotic novel, this time the story will have a rather strong comedic tendency. I haven't read it myself yet (because it's not finished), but I loved the chance to draw a mermaid as I have always loved to draw them. Acutally, my first design was intirely different and sadly didn't fit the story at all. I still want to finish my first idea and maybe show it here, too.

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »

Ohhh love her! Do you do mermaids often?
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »

Ohhh, she's gorgeous. Very very pretty :3

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

Oooh, thank you guys! Well, I used to draw mermaids a lot! I mean my first self-made elf tribe was mermaids and mermen. It's cool because you don't have to draw legs. Hihi!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

I make and sell a lot of mermaid art, and eventually started a mermaid artist site called mermaidartists.com if you are still creating mermaids often, if you ever happen to want pop by and share your mermaid pieces!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »

That site has some gorgeous art! Thanks for the link! But sadly the mermaids I have are all too old to really show them to the public. For more current art I only have this one and the old/new contest EQ mermaid...
Hm, somehow I have missed your mermaids... *goes to check*

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 08:10:40 AM »

So I have finished drawing illustrations for a three-part vampire novel. So I figured that I'll post them here as well. The first one just was to be the cliché vampire picture with a slight gothic tendency. The second novel was more about the main vampire's back story which happened during the Thirty Years' War. So his clothes there are actually at least in part historically correct.  :D This one is also my personal favorite of the three. I think the composition came out nice. The last one is, well, basically Winnowill...  ::) But she was really described this way. So another vampire story that origin lies, in the end, in Egypt. Had fun drawing her headgear, though.

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »

ohh those are all very lovely! I love the faces especially on the first one!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up