Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

Select your choice for the theme of the 2011 EQ Fan Calendar

Contrasts
- 6 (15.4%)
Teachers and Leaders
- 2 (5.1%)
Firsts and Lasts
- 0 (0%)
Courage
- 0 (0%)
Rogues and Wildcards
- 6 (15.4%)
Choices
- 9 (23.1%)
Otherness, inter-species relations
- 1 (2.6%)
Hidden Moments
- 15 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 31, 2010, 10:12:32 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vote! 2011 Fan Calendar Theme  (Read 5469 times)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Vote! 2011 Fan Calendar Theme
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »

Okay, voting is open!  The poll closes on June 1st, when the theme will be announced and the new Guidelines are posted.

Here are the potential themes described in more detail:

Contrasts: Day & Night, Young & Old, Good & Evil, Warriors & Healers, Starsong & Wolfsong - the Elfquest saga offers many studies in contrasts.

Teachers and Leaders: A tribute to those who provide(d) guidance.

Firsts and Lasts: Births and deaths, new ideas and discoveries, goodbyes and hellos, destruction and creation - there is much drama to be found in Beginnings and Endings.

Courage: Courage expresses itself in many ways, from flashy heroics to quiet acts of selflessness. At one time or another, almost every EQ character has had to reach deep inside tap into that well.

Rogues and Wildcards, shaking up the status quo:  Here's to the characters who drive the plot of any story, those whose actions stir things up.  Their motives may be purely evil or ambiguous, somewhat misguided, just plain selfish, downright crazy, or disturbingly visionary.  Either way, these are characters who refuse to be ignored.

Choices:  What would Elfquest be without characters making choices?  It drives the entire story!  Here is a chance to explore choices and choices taken away; choices for good and for ill, choices for change and for holding on to the past - all the many choices that shape the characters and their story.

Otherness, inter-species relations:  When the High Ones crashed on the WOTM, they were forced to relate to other species in a way they never dreamt of before.  Humans, Trolls, Preservers, Bond Beasts, the Neverending.  Throughout their history, the relationships have ranged from enemies, hunter/prey, to god/worshipper, to friend, and many in between.

Hidden Moments:  There are many moments in the Elfquest story that we know happened, yet were never shown - sometimes a character says something about their history, other times it is only implied - but in any case there is a great deal of "untold story" to explore.  (Note: this is not a "what if," it has to be canon-compatible).

manga

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Re: Vote! 2011 Fan Calendar Theme
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »

I voted for "Choices" (though I think "Hidden Moments" would be good too.)  I gotta admit, it was REALLY hard not to pick "Rogues and Wildcards."  OH so tempting.  I mean, I'd DEFINITELY get a Rayek month if we did that one.  *sigh*  heehee :)

Elftanner

• Zwoot
  • https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTann
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »

I've got a choices drawing done already, but Manga wants a Rayek month... I think I can do another one with Rayek in mind. Manga bringing that up made a Rayek choice pop into my head. Rayek Choice coming up (In case that theme gets chosen that is.) Then I'll have two entries. Will we be doing poems this year too, cause I have been doing poems for my drawings as I go.

Blackbird

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

Hidden moments for sure ;)

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:10:59 PM »

I would have to re-read all my EQ books (which isn't by any means a bad thing ;) ) to pick a good "hidden moment" but, a good "contrast" scenario is at the forefront of my thoughts ;)

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 03:34:41 PM »

Aww, not again such a hard decision. Yeah, well, why not make a "Rayek" vote option? So we'll have Jan til Dec full of Rayek ;) I guess there are some folks who'd appreciate that and not find it even remotely boring. :)
Contrasts and Wildcards should get him in, hidden moments might be interesting to see what people bring up, for choices I wonder if that could be done in one picture, often it's quite a process (or will we have an animated calendar?). Interspecies relation doesn't yield too much material and would probably not involve Rayek. Leaders and teaches might be a chance for Ekuar to show up. Firsts and lasts could leave too much choice and lower the probability of Rayek showing up.
Well, you see I'm trying to vote strategically. On the other hand I couldn't really decide. So as always I'll be fine if there is a calendar at all and if it involves Rayek, just better.

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »

wow, I can't believe my theme suggestion is leading... Good thing I did an entry for that one too. lol

Saree

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »

Is it not manipulation for those who have not voted yet, when everybody else comments on what he/she voted for?   ;)

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »

Maybe yes, maybe no. I think there's not one of us who doesn't have our own favorite characters, situations, or opinions about what they want to see in the next callendar. Seeing what other people write might just give us more ideas!

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »

Hopefully people will just vote for what they want and not feel manipulated. Go with your gut guys!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 05:37:13 PM »

Just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to vote!
Pages: [1]   Go Up